Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Photo Ops  (Read 5513 times)

jcicolani

• Rider
Photo Ops
« on: December 28, 2010, 10:41:09 AM »

I want to set up a photo shoot or two to experiment with some techniques and styles of portraits of riders and their bikes. So, I am looking for a handful of riders who would be willing to help me out. There will be some riding, some shooting, a lot of me f***ing around with my lights. What I'm looking for are some riders with different 'looks' with some nice bikes. The bikes don't need to be tricked out, necessarily, just clean. Though, a couple good custom jobs would be a nice add.

The purpose of the shoot is to practice and build a portfolio of this kind of work. I'll need model and property releases from all participants so i can use the images in my own promotion. Participants will get a disc of the images I finish, usually within 7 to 10 days after the shoot. The disc will have high resolution images for printing, web optimized stuff to share on-line, as well as a print release so you don't get hassled by printers. I'm opening this up to fellow X riders before I start charging outlandish amounts of money as a service.

Once I have a few folks interested, I'll schedule a day (based on weather forecast) and head out. We'll meet someplace central, ride to a few urban locations to shoot, then head out on the road into the Hill Country (don't know where yet, suggestions are welcome). We'll stop periodically as the location and mood strikes, shoot for a little while, then get back on the road. Figure it'll be an all day event, trying to get back in town before dark. If it goes well, I may schedule a couple more, though those wouldn't include the disk... I'd want print sales on future ones (you know, just setting expectations... and I need to pay for my customizations).

Let me know what y'all think. If you want to see some of my work you can check out my flickr page at http://www.flickr.com/photos/photojava/

Ride safe, keep the shiny side up!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 10:43:04 AM by jcicolani »

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
Re: Photo Ops
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 11:13:51 AM »

JC, nice stuff.  I see where you are going with this.  I'd be down to ride and shoot.  I got nothing to fancy, but I sure can clean it up real good.  I know a little something about photography myself. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 11:42:19 AM »

JC, nice stuff.  I see where you are going with this.  I'd be down to ride and shoot.  I got nothing to fancy, but I sure can clean it up real good.  I know a little something about photography myself. 

Let me know if you do go, I've got some extra door bumper chrome you can put around your tank,  :ohwow:  :rofl:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 12:12:56 PM »

I'd be happy to help you out if I can. Weekends would be best in late January or anytime after that.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 01:09:24 PM »

I'd be happy to help you out if I can. Weekends would be best in late January or anytime after that.

Guess we could make a ride out of it, everyone knows central Texas doesn't ride except for Breaux  :t :t  Then he talks about it for weeks on end before and after he rides.  ;D ;D
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 02:55:00 PM »

:redcard: Guys - It didn't sound like this was a shoot to scare the snot out of children.  You gotta stay home!! >:D :o ;D
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 05:24:06 PM »

Why don't you do it during Sprang Thang, should be a bunch of bikes there already , might get some interesting charaters with their scoots around a campfire
right Kenny, Hooter, and Hobo! If the bikes gotta be clean, I'm out.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Dusty

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 06:19:23 PM »

Why don't you do it during Sprang Thang, should be a bunch of bikes there already , might get some interesting charaters with their scoots around a campfire

Yeah, I'm out too. I've Southern Engineered just about everything on my bike. If the wind doesn't blow it off, it ain't coming off. I'm doing good to bathe me on Saturday.  :agree:

Sounds like a cool thing to watch though. Any water in that lake Kenney? That would make for some cool shots as well as that hair pin turn coming in.  :redcard:

jcicolani

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 06:42:52 PM »

I may come up during the day, but I won't likely be camping. This is my first year riding and, as enthusiastic as I am about joining in on all of the fun, I have to ease the wife into the lifestyle. She's not keen on overnight trips without her and less than social (so with her is out of the question). So, day trips for me for a while  :-\

But, I want to try to get several shoots in before spring/summer so I have a decent portfolio of work going.

I'm also keen on documenting some builds and customizations. You know, before and after type things. Will be doing this with my bike as I'm able to add customizations. So, anyone have a big mod on the horizon or a new bike they want to get 'before' photos of before they start digging in, let me know.

Lone_Wolfe

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Seattle, WA
    • My Cycle Travels
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 07:47:05 PM »

Great portfolio! Enjoyed browsing through your different series of work. Give me a shout if you want to discuss the potential for helping you with your project.

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 10:36:40 AM »

Being as all but one who responded to your post are from the Houston area ;), you may want to consider a photo trip in Brenham area when the bluebonnets are out. There are some areas with great photo spots around there.

Sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 10:51:05 AM »

I'm also keen on documenting some builds and customizations. You know, before and after type things. Will be doing this with my bike as I'm able to add customizations. So, anyone have a big mod on the horizon or a new bike they want to get 'before' photos of before they start digging in, let me know.

Showed up just a little to late.  I have a 1978 GS550 that I tore down completely from stock and am now rebuilding back to a bobber. 

http://www.texasxriders.com/index.php?topic=12696.0
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Dusty

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 02:14:57 PM »

I went through all your pics this morning. You have a good eye!  :thumbup:

alejandro1800vtx

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 02:51:13 PM »

. She's not keen on overnight trips without her and less than social (so with her is out of the question). So, day trips for me for a while  

boy u better have a really good password and username and you pc should be set to not remember liners if she reads that line , would be your first and last year riding  :t :t :t :t :t :t :t

Gumbo if you show your face in the pics remember im your manager we neet to talk royalties   :c :c
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 02:53:36 PM by alejandro1800vtx »
just take it slow

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2010, 07:59:21 PM »

I went through all your pics this morning. You have a good eye!  :thumbup:
I second that !! If need another donor VTX I can see about mine being a Photo Ops!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 08:25:31 PM by VTXChad »
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal