Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Riding to austin and need Help...  (Read 2037 times)

VTXaholics

• Tejano
  • 2007 VTX 1300c
Riding to austin and need Help...
« on: September 25, 2010, 10:45:21 PM »

Hey Austin Gang,
I'm headed to austin to take my girlfriend to take a test.  After dropping her off I'm gonna have like 3-4 hours to RIDE!  Only problem is I've never been there.  I've heard there is some amazing roads out there.  Soooo anyone got any routes?  I'll be in the iner city area till I drop her off then I'm headed out!!!  Just where?  Anyone wanna ride with?  I'll be there on Monday around 1pm.
Thanks gang,
VTXaholics
(anonymous)
My bar tab will always be less than yours!!

Jeff Jones

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
Re: Riding to austin and need Help...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 12:37:28 AM »

Austin folks don't ride, silly.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 06:35:27 AM »

Lime Creek Road on the Northeast side of Lake Travis is fun.  :cantbelieve: Basically, when we get up there from Houston, we keep to the FM roads.

Ranch Road 1431 going west into Marble Falls used to be a great road but I think the State of Texas "fixed" it a few years back.

Out of Marble Falls, take 281 south to Ranch Road 962 east then south on Ranch Road 12 to Wimberley.

If you get to the flashing stop light south of Wimberley and you have the time, turn right and ride Ranch Road 32 down the Devil's Backbone.

If you don't have time, turn left and go to San Marcos and turn left on I-35 which is heading towards Austin.

Have a great trip.

Wayne from HOUSTON...... LOL
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

Xwrecker

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 06:44:42 AM »

VTXaholics

• Tejano
  • 2007 VTX 1300c
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 08:43:11 AM »

Hey Thanks Wayne from houston.  I'm gonna put in the directions now.   :bikerider:
VTXaholics
(anonymous)
My bar tab will always be less than yours!!

Jeff Jones

DEMON

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 06:10:09 AM »

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 09:48:21 PM »

I’m guessing that the good folks at UGG Australia caught wind of these people because look at what they have to offer: sandals with fleece!
There seems to be a near constant battle between modernity and history in literature, architecture, vernacular…and of course, fashion. The over arching opinion in the fashion world is that if it was in style a week ago, it’s too old to wear today. Yet, as brands like Chanel prove, there is nothing better than a classic. So, how to proceed? Dedicate yourself to only choosing the newest options, or live in the past with the oldies but goodies? Is it really possible to blend the classics with current trends without looking like a schizophrenic bag lady?
http://www.topchinatrip.com/]china travel[/url]

Brock!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

SteveS

• Regular Advanced
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2006 VTX 1300R,2005 GL 1800,2013 Goldwing Trike
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 04:44:53 AM »

I’m guessing that the good folks at UGG Australia caught wind of these people because look at what they have to offer: sandals with fleece!
There seems to be a near constant battle between modernity and history in literature, architecture, vernacular…and of course, fashion. The over arching opinion in the fashion world is that if it was in style a week ago, it’s too old to wear today. Yet, as brands like Chanel prove, there is nothing better than a classic. So, how to proceed? Dedicate yourself to only choosing the newest options, or live in the past with the oldies but goodies? Is it really possible to blend the classics with current trends without looking like a schizophrenic bag lady?
http://www.topchinatrip.com/]china travel[/url]

Maybe toooo much meds or ...................

Who cares about tea in China

That or it is way above       or below   

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal