Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: where, when,what time, WHO WILL PUT IT TOGETHER???  (Read 12517 times)

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
Re: where, when,what time, WHO WILL PUT IT TOGETHER???
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2008, 07:08:44 PM »

Physical therapy, Kenny, physical therapy. I have 3 herniated discs in my lower back, (and the MRIs to prove it), and PT is the best thing to overcome that.  O0
I won't see the bone Doc. till the 29th.. Now I have pneumonia and a dark spot on my lung!!!  One thing after another !!! We will have to compare MRI's at the next meet and greet... O0 O0 :P ;D ;D :D
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2008, 10:29:59 PM »

I can attest to Kenny not doing drugs on the Colorado trip.  However, he did take (care of any pain he might of had in the evenings) with a cold 12 ounce can.  I also enjoyed the 12 ounce curls.

+12

O0

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2008, 03:39:26 PM »

AND JUST WHAT DID I DO TO YOU TWO????? ??? ??? ??? :o :o :o :-\ :-X :P ;D ;D ;D ;D
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2008, 04:55:01 PM »

I find out about my MRI on the 22nd. Maybe we should start our own gang, we could be the real crips.

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2008, 05:05:34 PM »

I find out about my MRI on the 22nd. Maybe we should start our own gang, we could be the real crips.
tom I guess I am glad they kinda let us hang with them... O0 O0 ::) 8) :P ;D ;D :D ;) :)  Smell the Bumper and ride safe ride long

GregC

• Old Timer
  • San Antonio
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2008, 12:51:10 PM »

A few from our group in San Antonio may get together and go to the State wide M/G.  Kinda wondering when and where. Several of us are already signed up for the South Padre Island Bike Fest 9-12 Oct and was wondering if the two dates will conflict.  Of course everyone here would love to see it in Bandera. 
Most people's heads grow right along with their salaries.

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2008, 01:22:51 PM »

Someone just needs to take the bull by the horns!  >:(  >:(  >:(
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2008, 01:27:45 PM »

;D ;D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 01:32:23 PM by VTXChad »
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

rbljack

• Tejano
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2008, 03:26:09 AM »

Myself and Murray 61 were/are willing to house a statewide meet and greet during the rally at the White Buffalo bikefest, but the general response seems to be that we are too far West or North????  :-\

I dont know how many bikes should be expected for a statewide meet and greet, but im thinking that we should be able to get 20-30 VTX's from across the great state of Texas to make the trip? Seems to me that with texas being so big, a one day "statewide" meet and greet isnt possible as a day trip if you want to get a good turn out..... Just my 2 cents. I wasnt trying to steal the thread or start a war either....I just read the post, and it sounded early on like the general consenses was that yall were looking for someone to offer up a location or make a decision on where a Statewide meet and greet could be held. Because of the rally in Snyder, and with me living here...just seemed like a no brainer to add that option to the list of possibities.

I've already got a "welcome banner" for VTX riders, there is a rally going on with plenty of stuff to do, free camping for the tenters, and there are some RV spots (but not sure if any are still available) food and drinks on site, Vendors...beer gardens ON the Grounds, a night parade on Friday a poker run saturday morning, and a concert on Saturday night. I have no problem bring my grill from the house over to the fairgrounds so a BBQ is possible.

Pull those bikes out of the garage, dust em off, wash em, wax em, and throw some dang mileage on em! I do realize its a good run for those in South texas, but the Dallas/Ft area is a mere 4 hours away!! Lets see, 100 mph average (easily accomplished riding a VTX on the highway) and 260 miles. Thats about a 3 hour trip with gas stops....LMAO!! Ok ok, maybe not, but its around 4 hours doing speed limit, and under 5 with gas and food stops.

Whether or not this becomes a statewide meet and greet location, if your interested in coming...here's a link to our Thread on the Rally because myself and Murray are going to be there either way.....LOL!  O0 Im not trying to give anybody a hard time, just offering up the idea and most importantly, keeping this posting on the top so it can be viewed, and comments made.

http://www.texasxriders.com/index.php?topic=8587.0

There was about 6000 registered riders at the rally last year in case you were wondering how big it was last time. This will be the third year and its growing each year!

In the meantime...There is a Rally in Lubbock Texas that we are attending this coming weekend (August 22-24) and the  Golden Aspen Rally in Ruidoso New Mexico is coming up too (Sept 17-21), and we are headed West 6 hours (about 300 miles) for that one!!  O0 If anybodies going and wants to meet at Farleys for a beer and some food, just look us up on here, or PM us. Have a great week!

« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 03:55:52 AM by rbljack »
2002 VTX 1800 C model, Illusion Blue

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2008, 06:30:33 AM »

+1

And I spoke to the guys at the wind farm outside of Snyder...  We can do a guided wind farm tour, and go check out their facilities if we want while we are there...

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2008, 10:40:42 AM »

rbljack,  murray_61 , just make a post, call it a statewide... and they will come. Sounds like fun to me..
The centralized statewides would of course get the most participation, but we'll get a few to show up out there. Mapquest shows two snyders, one north of lubbock and one just north of sweetwater. Which one is it?
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

rbljack

• Tejano
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2008, 12:22:26 AM »

Yep Snake, consider it done. It's offical now.

We now have 2 people making the run from Spring Texas all the way to Snyder (467 miles), so I think that qualifies as a Statewide meet and greet!! LOL....Taking the bull by the horns at this point, and making Snyder an official Statewide meet and greet!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 12:54:43 AM by rbljack »
2002 VTX 1800 C model, Illusion Blue

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2008, 10:30:26 PM »

It's the one north of Sweetwater...  Come on down!   O0 O0 O0

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2009, 04:26:35 PM »

probably not. have a nice day.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
Re: where whenwhat time WHO WILL PUT IT TOGETHER
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2009, 08:07:58 PM »

Thank you Currymidget dead  de name.

So is this site worth my time or not?