Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: where, when,what time, WHO WILL PUT IT TOGETHER???  (Read 12468 times)

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
Re: where, when,what time, WHO WILL PUT IT TOGETHER???
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 06:41:25 PM »

Well, my bad ::) ::) :-X!!!! I am not trying to put any presure on anyone :-\ :-*! How about Buzzard Billy's? Who set that up the first time ??? ??? ;).. I have been told I am TOO pushy :-X :-X :-X :-X :'( :D ;D ;D ;D ;D Soooooo the first plan would not float!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( The windows are close to the water! Thought that was for fish VIEWING!!!! :D :D :D ;D ;D ::) ::)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 07:09:09 PM by VTreX »
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 06:59:32 PM »

What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is-a goin' on here?

:o :o :o

Dusty

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 08:56:47 PM »

Well, my bad ::) ::) :-X!!!! I am not trying to put any presure on anyone :-\ :-*! How about Buzzard Billy's? Who set that up the first time ??? ??? ;).. I have been told I am TOO pushy :-X :-X :-X :-X :'( :D ;D ;D ;D ;D Soooooo the first plan would not float!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( The windows are close to the water! Thought that was for fish VIEWING!!!! :D :D :D ;D ;D ::) ::)

I think it's time for you to go get an MRI and get off the drugs!  :D ;D :D O0

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2008, 07:24:55 AM »

:o :o :o

I knew there was a reason I liked you...even with the Eric Estrada fixation....  LOL

Well, if we did the Belle, we'd at least be cool enough!
My now long gone VTX...

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2008, 01:58:34 PM »

I knew there was a reason I liked you...even with the Eric Estrada fixation....  LOL

hahaha, I quote the AppleSauce out of that movie, got it from my dad who I believe has the whole thing memorized (he recorded it onto audio tape a long time ago and actualy used to listen to it in his truck).  The cool thing is I quote it at work with a few others, and recently they named a project (land acquisition for wind farm development) we are working on "Rock Ridge" because we asked them to name it that.  It was splendid!

rbljack

• Tejano
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2008, 02:39:04 AM »

IF the Statewide Meet and Greet location has not been established yet....myself and Murray 61 have talked about it...and have another location/date for consideration:

HOW ABOUT SNYDER TEXAS.......DURING the White Buffalo Bikefest Motorcycle Rally which includes MOLLY HATCHET and BLACKFOOT in concert (for 2008). http://www.whitebuffalobikefest.com/2008/

I reviewed the other thread about the meet and greet:
http://www.texasxriders.com/index.php?topic=6867.0

Although we are "ouside the box"...we can provide meet most of the requirements. Here is the list from the other thread:

Requirements for a good M & G spot?

1. Location, location....lets see..its during a rally and includes a major concert but we "arent in the box" but I still say YEP...LOL
2. Good food! YEP....and lots of it on the grounds and locally.
3. Ability to handle the "gang"///YEP....lots of tent camping, RV spots, and local HOTELS.
4. Alcohol available/allowed (not a "must", I guess, but really welcome)..YEP..ITS A RALLY..and it will be there and available on the grounds, in the Beer garden, and in everybodies coolers in the campsites...LOL
5. Good roads coming from all directions..YEP...centrally located between Lubbock, Abilene, and Midland
6. Naked dancing girls (well maybe not naked, and maybe not "required", but damn nice to mix in!)..YEP...just hang out in the ZOO (one of the camping areas) and have some music playing after dark!! There will probably be some dancing girls around.....LOL.

ANY QUESTIONS??

I live in Snyder, and can provide answers to those coming from out of town...Murray 61 isnt too far away over in Midland either. Between the 2 of us, we figure we can get the Statewide Meet and Greet off the ground...if everyone likes the Location.

The Rally is held in October, so the weather is nice and its growing quickly!! There are campsites available for RV's and LARGE tent areas...and Yes, If you have read the other links already, I will try and rope off an area for our VTX group again. Hotels are available in town, and for those who have been before...they are in the process of building 2 new large hotels...to keep up with the growing number of people attending.

As far as planning, take a look at what we did last year for the rally at this link:
http://www.texasxriders.com/index.php?topic=5592.0

Here is the link for this years rally and some pictures and videos from the 2007 rally also:
http://www.texasxriders.com/index.php?topic=8587.0

We are willing to plan for the event, and we can figure out a meet/greet place for dinner locally...or maybe do a big BBQ set up right there in the camp area if that works for everyone???

By doing the meet and greet during the rally, it allows everyone to get together AND also enjoy a great rally, along with a decent concert each year also. Besides, I would sure like to see 50+ VTX's lined up along the fence in the camping area.  O0

I'm not sure what else is involved, but seems to be a logical choice to me. Let us know what you think?? WHOS UP FOR THIS? If not, thats no problem at all....either way, we'll be going to this rally and just figured volunteering to create this as a Statewide Meet and Greet would be a Win/Win situation. Let us know what you think!!

Benham..i know your out there...so here's your chance to speak up....Murray..You ready? KEBS? DAR DAVE? Everybody...throw your 2 cents in here!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 03:35:27 AM by rbljack »
2002 VTX 1800 C model, Illusion Blue

Dusty

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2008, 06:17:55 AM »

529 miles one way to Snyder  :o

720 miles to Big Bend

600 miles to Memphis Tn.

Let's have a State Wide meet in another State.

Posted on behalf of the folks from the Right SIDE OF TEXAS  ;D :D ;D  O0

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2008, 06:33:25 AM »

I was at the last one, I didn't find the Zoo until after I was done set up. Still had a great time.

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2008, 07:53:09 AM »

Meet in another state? Sure, I'll go for that! O0 How about Fred's Lounge over in Mamou Louisana. It's close to the right side of Texas
Houston 262 mi
Itasca    404 mi
Austin    423 mi
Dallas    351 mi
Synder   613 mi
It would probably be more than ride in the morning, eat, and then ride home deal but could be fun. I hear when the sun goes down it gets wild and crazy.  8) ;D ;D :D O0

&feature=related

&feature=related
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 08:06:16 AM by hooter »
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2008, 09:50:12 AM »

hmmm...  the only time right and wrong can relate to the same thing...   ;D ;D ;D

rbljack

• Tejano
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2008, 12:16:40 PM »

Well we realize its not centrally located, and nope...it would not be a ride/meet/greet/eat and ride home kind of thing. This would we a weekend meet and greet...during a Rally, with a large concert, and lots of other things to see and do.
2002 VTX 1800 C model, Illusion Blue

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2008, 05:03:42 PM »

It really is an awesome time, and something we should consider...  Kenny, you're thinking about coming right?

Dusty

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2008, 06:34:34 PM »

Meet in another state? Sure, I'll go for that! O0 How about Fred's Lounge over in Mamou Louisana. It's close to the right side of Texas
Houston 262 mi
Itasca    404 mi
Austin    423 mi
Dallas    351 mi
Synder   613 mi
It would probably be more than ride in the morning, eat, and then ride home deal but could be fun. I hear when the sun goes down it gets wild and crazy.  8) ;D ;D :D O0

&feature=related

&feature=related

La. rates right up there with Houston, I would rather just go around it. I will admit, Houston does have better music and all the songs don't sound the same.  8)

Since I don't do rallys or group rides, I shouldn't have posted to this thread, I appologise.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 06:37:38 PM by Dusty »

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2008, 10:09:35 PM »

and Dusty, you know I was just messing with you about the "right and wrong" right? 

Don't think of it as a rally or group ride, but come on up for a ride and tour and I'll take you out to the biggest windfarm in the world for some up close and personal views of them turbines!  :)  There should be a few guys with me from here, and one of them was involved in the development of that farm, so he knows them landowners out there...

Dusty

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2008, 06:03:55 AM »

and Dusty, you know I was just messing with you about the "right and wrong" right? 

Don't think of it as a rally or group ride, but come on up for a ride and tour and I'll take you out to the biggest windfarm in the world for some up close and personal views of them turbines!  :)  There should be a few guys with me from here, and one of them was involved in the development of that farm, so he knows them landowners out there...

I know you were kidding, I just get pissed that Texas is so dang big and that everything different is so far away.
I will admit, up close and personal to a windfarm excites me more than a rally. It blows my mind how something that big can turn with so little wind.
Actually, I have my vacation planned in October and was going the other direction. Mainly because I have never been. Of course, I've never been to Big Bend either.  :-\  O0
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal