Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: West Texas - White Buffalo Bikefest 2007 - Snyder, TX - Oct. 5-7  (Read 21885 times)

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
West Texas - White Buffalo Bikefest 2007 - Snyder, TX - Oct. 5-7
« on: September 04, 2007, 10:56:31 PM »

http://www.whitebuffalobikefest.com/2007/index.php

http://www.texasxriders.com/index.php?topic=5591.0
http://www.texasxriders.com/index.php?topic=5650.0

GRAND FUNK RAILROAD Oct. 6, need I say more?

Committed attendees, in no particular order:
1.   murray_61
2.   rbljack
3.   benham
4.  KEBS
5.  DAR-Silver Surfer
6.  tom cat
7.  solitary-man
8.  Keith
9.  YOU?

rbljack has reserved us an area, it is marked on the picture below, there will be a banner hung (also pictured below) from the fence along 37th street marking our location.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 11:02:26 PM by murray_61 »

rbljack

• Tejano
Re: West Texas - White Buffalo Bikefest 2007 - Snyder, TX - Oct. 5-7
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 03:18:53 AM »

Whats up! I just got signed up on this website, and started looking around....Because I LIVE in Snyder...im sure I'll be at this rally...LOL>

Good post!
2002 VTX 1800 C model, Illusion Blue

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 05:27:50 AM »

Whats up! I just got signed up on this website, and started looking around....Because I LIVE in Snyder...im sure I'll be at this rally...LOL>

Good post!

Welcome to the Board!

Cool, I am totally stoked for this one!  Hopefully we can get some more guys interested in it...

Lubbock, Amarillo, what do ya'll say?

rbljack

• Tejano
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 11:48:08 AM »

No doubt....lets bring a bunch of VTX's into town and ride around! If somebody has a VTX 1800 with the V and H Big shot exhaust, I wanna hear it!!  O0

We werent able to attend the rally last year because we had a major water leak in our house that very weekend. I was PI$$ed too  >:(  LOL...so I really cant provide any specifics about last years rally.

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 01:55:12 PM »

Which Snyder?  When I looked up Snyder on Mapquest, there are 2 in Texas.  Which county is it in?
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

rbljack

• Tejano
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 02:36:45 PM »

I wasnt aware that there was 2 Snyders in Texas, but the rally is at the Snyder in Scurry County Texas. Its located in the center (somewhat) of a triangle between Lubbock, Abilene, and Midland. Check it out, and for those who might need additional info, email me because I live here...LOL.

I'll go ahead and recommend one hotel for ya right off the bat....its the Purple Sage. They were nice enough to let me reserve a room because our house had water damage, and let us know that if we had the problem under control last minute, we could back out of the room with no charge because they were pretty confident they could still book it. We cancelled the room at  7 pm the NIGHT of the rally, and they didnt charge us anything, so that was very nice of them. Yeah, we missed the rally last year because of the water problem.....Anyways, one good favor deserves a return, so they get my recommendation.

hookem

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Port Neches, Texas
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 10:06:16 PM »

OK, the other Snyder is located in Hale County, just south of Plainview. 

Thanks for the info!
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 10:41:19 PM »

Thanks for the info!

So are you riding up for the Bikefest?

What about X-aholic (I know you needed a reason to post on this thread)  you mentioned riding over to Snyder a while back...  Why don't you round up some of the DFW crew and ride on over?  We'll party hardy I promise...

X-aholic

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BOOKEM
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 05:16:31 AM »

Thanks for the info!

So are you riding up for the Bikefest?

What about X-aholic (I know you needed a reason to post on this thread)  you mentioned riding over to Snyder a while back...  Why don't you round up some of the DFW crew and ride on over?  We'll party hardy I promise...
I deffinitly have a ride planned to go to Abilene to watch my sister play soccer, possibly after the game if I can get a bunch of riders we will scoot on up to Snyder. If I cant get a few more riders that is fine as well, I am still going to come to Abilene to watch the game maybe we could meet up and throw back a few frosties. I will let you know more O0

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 06:20:38 PM »

Hey sounds like a  great time and will be off that weekend and the weather should be perfect for riding.Anyone around the Houston area plan on going if so let me know and we can ride up together.
Alvin,Texas

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 03:42:36 AM »

Hey sounds like a  great time and will be off that weekend and the weather should be perfect for riding.Anyone around the Houston area plan on going if so let me know and we can ride up together.

That'd be awesome to get some of you guys from the Houston area up here!

I ride to work every single day that the weather is nice and I'm the type of guy who will just take off on a little 2 or 3 hundred mile hop on a spur of the moment.  I love riding with others, but most people over here don't ever talk about riding together or try to plan rides.  That is why I hang out with a lot of the Ft. Worth guys.

Get the guys together and come down for the bikefest...  It is within your 200 - 300 mile hop.  It was great riding with you guys at RFD3...  Ya'll need to bring it on down here!

rbljack

• Tejano
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 01:13:29 PM »

Now we're talking! How does this sound to everyone...

Lets get the Texas X group together while everyone is here......we should all try to meet up somewhere if that will fit into the plans for the weekend....what do yall think??

I've already talked to a cpl who is helping with the rally, and they are trying to bring more vendors in this year for metric bikes.  There will also be 2 areas of camping.....one is called the "Library" for those who want to get to bed early, and get a good nights sleep. The other area will be called the "Zoo" and will be the partying group of folks that want to be close to the beer garden. If we want to try and all park in the same area of the lot, my suggestion is close to the beer garden and the zoo!! I may be able to print up a small sign or something, and designate an empty area of the parking lot so we can all park in the same place....let me know. I think it would be VERY cool to line about 10 or 20 VTX's in a row...and show off JUST HOW SHARP a metric cruiser can be. Now...before any of you "other riders" (aka non VTX) riders chime in.....yes I love the harleys too... and the Boulevards...etc..etc..etc...so bring em!! Snyder is trying to get this rally to become a bigger rally event over time, so come on over and have a good time, do some riding, and meet others from this forum. Bring whatcha got and put some mileage on it.   8)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 01:47:48 PM by rbljack »

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2007, 01:35:46 PM »

Sounds great!  I plan on getting there by 11am (with the people leaving here at 9am).

I will get a schedule of events together and when it gets closer I'll try to figure out who all is committed to going, and get a list together.  I'll modify the post at the top with this info... Can't wait!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 01:59:26 PM by murray_61 »

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2007, 09:00:01 PM »

I may not be there till late Friday night as it is a little farther out than I thought but what the heck lol do not have to be back till Sunday night anyway. O0
Alvin,Texas

X-aholic

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BOOKEM
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 09:19:24 AM »

Sounds great!  I plan on getting there by 11am (with the people leaving here at 9am).

I will get a schedule of events together and when it gets closer I'll try to figure out who all is committed to going, and get a list together.  I'll modify the post at the top with this info... Can't wait!
from here we got 69,lakebum,tony,and myself confirmed. I will try and get mor and ill let you know O0
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal