Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vance and Hines Fulepack 3 (FP3) on the way  (Read 2581 times)

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
Vance and Hines Fulepack 3 (FP3) on the way
« on: May 05, 2015, 07:39:04 AM »

In an effort to boost the power on my 1300 to that of say....a 103" engine.....I have ordered a FP3 from Vance and Hines.  This tuner can flash the ECU completely reprogramming all the fuel maps.  This adjust the following: Air and Fuel, Spark, Performance Enrighment, Startup and Idle, Active Exhaust (???) and a variety of other adjustments.  It has built in maps that have been tried and true tested by V&H as well as an AutoTune mode which will read data for a tank or two and make minor adjustments on the stock maps to account for the variance in bike as well as the rider specific styles.   Now, I have no mods on my engine or exhaust and am just adding this to make the bike run a bit richer and also to add throttle response.  Reviews on this specific tuner have stated that the engine runs cooler, smoother at idle, more power, better sound, no decel popping, etc etc.  It also has maps for about any exhaust/air intake setup you can have.  Future upgrades will add additional maps for different cam upgrades as well. 

What I really like about it....there is a phone app that connects to the tuner via bluetooth and I can flash in about 20 seconds.  That is the shiznit.  As well, once flashed I can leave the module plugged in and from my phone can monitor all aspects of the motor including temp, mpg, avg mpg, throttle position, mph, economy indicator, manifold air pressure, front/rear spark advance, intake air temp, active fuel economy, average fuel economy, engine horsepower (est), engine torque (est), battery voltage and a couple of other things. 

I am kind of a techie guy and love mechanical stuff so this is literally the coolest thing I have bought for my bike to date.  Now if it would just get here so I can use it. Should have it Wednesday, I'll post back the results. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
Re: Vance and Hines Fulepack 3 (FP3) on the way
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 07:43:53 AM »

very nice!  love the tech stuff too!
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 07:44:06 AM »

Very nice.  I have the fuelpack but not like yours.  I just get my map online from the V&H guys and then I punch it in, but I can still work on it and no computer or phone is needed.  I can actually adjust the numbers directly on the unit.  Hands down a great modification.  
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 11:56:32 AM »

Very nice.  I have the fuelpack but not like yours.  I just get my map online from the V&H guys and then I punch it in, but I can still work on it and no computer or phone is needed.  I can actually adjust the numbers directly on the unit.  Hands down a great modification.  

Mine will let me adjust the numbers manually but I am in no way qualified to do that....not yet.  I read that the base tune was purposely a bit rich and the autotune will adjust to lean it out slightly depending on your setup.  I am looking forward to using it to get the max out of my bike without it being way lean from the factory.  This summer the 50 or so degree drop in temp will be well worth the money spent on the tuner. 
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 12:45:21 PM »

You think it will drop the temp 50 degrees? I need one of them Scott. My new bike is air cooled also and will need all the help it can get staying cool.

SSSSSssssssnake
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

matap

• Board
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 12:50:10 PM »

John, is that the actual pic of your ride?  If it is or at least is that particular model, that thing is nice!!!!!!!  need to see more pics.

Lean runs hot
Rich-adds more fuel, thus is cooler.  Honestly still not enough to make a difference to the seat of your pants but makes the bike run better. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 12:58:32 PM »

Yeah, that is the beast Paul, I will do a write up on it after I get more seat time on it. The V&H FP 3 won't work on it anyway, guess I'll just have to be cool for it.

SSSSSSsssssnake
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 02:14:28 PM »

Per the reviews I have read on the FP3, the difference in heat is noticable but likely in slower traffic and not on the highway.  There are many choices out there for tuners, find a group online and read up.  Everyone seems to really like the one they have until they sell it and buy something else.  Most tuners mate to the bike for life so be sure before you hook it up and use it.  I would stay away from the piggyback kind as well, go wtih the flash type. 

I don't know what you got (Vstar? Indian?) but this guy makes some cool leather things that go under your seat.  You do notice a difference on your inner thigh where this thing insulates the heat from your skin.

http://shop.captain-itch.com/Crotch-Cooler-Leather-Heat-Shields-Patent-number-D671460_c36.htm

Ditto Paul on the bike, sure is nice looking.  
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 02:16:52 PM by Rocket67 »
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal