Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: For Animal Lovers  (Read 2096 times)

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
For Animal Lovers
« on: December 21, 2006, 06:39:10 AM »

This is for those of us who have Dogs or Cats as pets.
Thought ya'll would enjoy~   :)

1. When I say move, it means go someplace else. It does not mean switch positions with each other so there are still two of you in the way or run around my legs and chase one another.

2. The dishes on the floor are yours and contain your food. All other dishes are mine and contain my food. (Please note: placing a paw or nose-print in the middle of my dinner does not stake your claim on it, nor do I find it aesthetically pleasing in any way.) Remember you have the second best nose in the animal kingdom so use it. If it smells like fishy sawdust it’s your food, any and everything else is mine.

3. The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run. There are more than just two stairs, please use them all because you are going to give your mother are heart attack one of these days. Diving from the top stair to the bottom is NOT a fun game and will not be tolerated in the house.

4. I cannot buy anything bigger than a king size bed so get used to it. Locate your inner beast and remember that sleeping animals can actually curl up in a ball, so it is not necessary to sleep in between mom and dad, stretched out to the fullest extent possible and drooling all over my pillow.

5. Take note: cell phones, cordless phones, any and all types of shoes, credit cards, toilet paper rolls, clothes of any kind including those in the laundry basket, your leash, my belt, the furniture, the pillows on the furniture, the floor or the carpets on the floor, the walls, the doors, jewellery of any kind, garbage, baseball hats, any type of wiring or electrical cords, compact discs and anything else that does not smell like your slobber................... IS NOT A CHEW TOY!

6. For the last time, humans like to use the bathroom alone. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it won't help to claw, whine, meow, bite the knob, or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. (Trust me, I have been using the bathroom for years...canine or feline attendance is not mandatory.) There is no secret passage behind the door; if I go in I will eventually come out.

7. When you see me asleep on the couch, it is not funny to make a sudden leap onto my stomach and drop a chew toy, bone or jingle ball on my crotch, no matter how much that makes other family members laugh.

8. Dog: Don't think for a minute that making a sad face and whimpering pathetically will get you out of trouble when I find a puddle of pee on the carpet. The face and the whimpering only validate that you knew it was wrong when you did it. Hiding out of site until I find you also does not get you out of trouble.

9. Cat: My sitting down to bite into a juicy sandwich is not a signal for you to begin gagging loudly and then hocking up the most disgusting hairball in history.

10. Cat: At bed time I do not need my back, shoulders, neck, hair or any other part of my body kneaded like bread dough by your little claws. Just lay down on the pillow and go to sleep.

11: Dog: At bed time you are not a cat so don't get any ideas about kneading anything with those big claws of yours and don't even look at my pillow. Just be glad you are on the bed at all and come to the realization that cats have special privileges.

12. Dog and Cat: The proper order is kiss me, then go lick yourself. I cannot stress this enough.

To pacify you I have posted the following message on our front door:

Rules for Non-Pet Owners Who Visit and Complain About Our Pets:

1. They live here; you don't.

2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. (That’s why it is called " Fur" niture.)

3. If you " are “ on the furniture and one of the animals is sitting in front of you staring, that means you are in his or her spot, " So get up and move "

4. I like my pet(s) better than I like most people.

5. To you it's an animal. To me, it's an adopted child who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and is speech-challenged. (My dog is only 2 years old and knows over a dozen commands and does not need a babysitter, be dressed up to go outside, be burped, be in car seat, be bathed in the sink, taught to speak more than one word, and has never needed to wear diapers or be fed by hand, can you say that about your 2 year old)

6. My dogs are my home security, my car alarm, my smoke detector, my carbon dioxide detector, and heart attack or stroke warning indicator and can find the remote for the TV faster than anyone on the planet. Can you say all about your home alarm system?

7. Dogs and cats are better than kids. They eat less, are easier to train, usually come when called, don't ask for money, never drive your car, don't hang out with losers, don't drink or smoke, don’t require a college fund, don't worry about the latest fashions, and if one of them comes home pregnant you can sell there offspring.

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
Re: For Animal Lovers
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 09:04:41 AM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dead on!!!
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

VTXDEMON

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 11:25:26 PM »

This is one of the best posts ever...   O0

Dusty

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 06:42:50 AM »

I got a call from a friend about 10:00 PM Christmas Eve night. I didn't hear the phone so she left this message. In tears!

" If you want this dog, you better come and get him. He just chewed up my bed and I can't take it anymore."

I didn't get the message until Christmas morning but when I called her mood had not changed much. The dog, a Great Dane/St. Bernard mix. As it turns out, while she was at work Christmas Eve, the dog had distroyed her porch, apparently chasing something. She was forgiving him for this, but then while she was eating supper and watching tv downstairs, he went upstairs and commenced to shred a $400 mattress as well as one corner of every piece of linen on the mattress.

I think he is a magnificent dog and would love to have him. But since he is responsible for chewing up a pair of my work gloves and the lid to my left side saddle bag. I think I'll let her take him to the Humane Society. She has 4 acres fenced for him to roam and I have a back yard. I hope he gets a new home where he can roam to his hearts content.

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 12:19:28 PM »

I got a call from a friend about 10:00 PM Christmas Eve night. I didn't hear the phone so she left this message. In tears!

" If you want this dog, you better come and get him. He just chewed up my bed and I can't take it anymore."

I didn't get the message until Christmas morning but when I called her mood had not changed much. The dog, a Great Dane/St. Bernard mix. As it turns out, while she was at work Christmas Eve, the dog had distroyed her porch, apparently chasing something. She was forgiving him for this, but then while she was eating supper and watching tv downstairs, he went upstairs and commenced to shred a $400 mattress as well as one corner of every piece of linen on the mattress.

I think he is a magnificent dog and would love to have him. But since he is responsible for chewing up a pair of my work gloves and the lid to my left side saddle bag. I think I'll let her take him to the Humane Society. She has 4 acres fenced for him to roam and I have a back yard. I hope he gets a new home where he can roam to his hearts content.

:o
Great Dane/St. Benard mix?  No wonder he is pissed.  He needs at LEAST 100 acres just to hold his poop!! :D
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

jackandangie

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 07:08:55 PM »

Before you take him to the pound, have you thought about checking into some of the Great Dane or St. Bernard rescu groups? He'll stand a better chance of getting placed in a good home. Is he fixed? that could alleviate some of the chewing and territorial type issues? got any pictures?

Jack

Dusty

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 06:17:36 AM »

Before you take him to the pound, have you thought about checking into some of the Great Dane or St. Bernard rescu groups? He'll stand a better chance of getting placed in a good home. Is he fixed? that could alleviate some of the chewing and territorial type issues? got any pictures?

Jack

Jack,

He is just over a year old. I think it's the puppy in him that has him chewing but this isn't the first episode and certainly not the most expensive. He has chewed up some keepsakes that can't be replaced. In my opinion he is too big and young to be an inside dog. But he isn't my dog.
I think the Humane Society is a little better than the pound but I will mention the rescue group to her.

Blueflameguy2

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Tarkington Prairie (45 miles ne of houston)
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 10:38:19 PM »

a shovel head usually fixes that problem after the second or third time depending on how fast of a learner he is..... ;)

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 10:02:15 AM »

Can you say Ripley................ 8) 8)
4 yrs of Terror.......... >:( She is an ankle biter..

Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal