Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: not sure if I could ride in TX again...  (Read 3964 times)

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
Re: not sure if I could ride in TX again...
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2008, 08:06:12 PM »

The grass is always greener.........................

You nailed it Jim! But there is no place like home whereever you choose that to be.

O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2008, 08:14:27 PM »

And it is not a state thing, it is a country side thing! I have 12 years, 8 months, and 22 days, until the retirement plan kicks in! I am just shopping to see where it will be!!!!!!!! :P ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D And you are all welcome to come see me, whether you miss me or not!  :P ;) ;D ;D ;D

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2008, 01:02:40 PM »

I've been down a lot of roads in my day. I've slept on Slumgullium Pass in Colorado on the fourth of July and had ice on my tent in the morning. OK, OK, I was at 11,800+ feet that morning. Sure beats Houston in July. I've also been on a cruise ship in the eastern Caribbean in December. 85 degrees sure beats Houston in December.  ;) But this is home. It's flat and boring to some people. But I know where curves are within a mile of the house that will really test your skills. I know where straightaways are that you can really test your engine on. But just because I'm from Texas doesn't mean I'm against other states. There's WAY WAY TOO MUCH of the US of A that I haven't seen yet. I still wanna see icebergs calve. I want to see HUGE redwoods. I want to see buffalo. I want to see smoke rising over the hills. I wanna piss on the chair my seniliator sits in. None of those things can happen in Texas but this is where I come back to.
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal