Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: VTX top speed?  (Read 4041 times)

Phoenix2000

Re: VTX top speed?
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2006, 08:39:55 PM »

OKay thanks alot. I will drop him a line..... O0

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2006, 10:37:41 AM »

To find out TOP SPEED!!  What you do is find out where there is a speed trap always and just crank the ole VTX up and fly right by the speed trap and there ya go TOP SPEED!!   ;D Draw back to that plan is you will be calling some friend to come and get you out of jail!!   ;D But hey you will know!! 
\

Hey VTXChad didn't I ride with you at the BBB? I was the guy on the Red Sport Touring bike as in the picture. We passed the guy on the silver VTX in the twisties. Anyhow blew through a few speed traps already and never did find out what my top speed was on my bike, because the police never persued. Speedo said 125, but I need someone else to compare it too, before I start the modifications....
Well next time out in ole Freddyburg area will see what mine will do and you can see what your speed is !! I remember a very nice straight away going into Kerrville that would work. have a good one and keep the rubber side down.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 10:39:37 AM by VTXChad »
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

vtxturbo

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2006, 01:52:03 PM »

Hi,I got 150 down at big ben,with a windshied, 8)had a good time.don't forget H on the tire are speed rated for 130,they will go bad ,be safe

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2006, 03:22:26 PM »

Any ideas? I did a search on yahoo, but couldn't find anything. Just wondering.
Well this is the way I see it. How fast will a 1800 run. Not everybody's bike runs the same, yours may out run mine top end or vise versa. Read the test date and you might believe what you read. I don't. The best way to find out how fast a VTX will run, in your case, is to take off your tank top, shorts, and flip flops and get suited up. Find a long stretch, with no side roads entering your path, lay the ears back and let'er breathe. Your speedo may be off a bit but you'll have a dam good idea that going that fast is not in your best interest. O0
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Phoenix2000

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2006, 03:30:55 PM »

Right now Chad you will probably get me. Well in the long run anyhow. Off the line I got a chance. Will look u up the next time I am out that away though. And I always plan to keep the rubber side down it is the only way to travel... right?

And here is the vtxturbo man himself. Howdy there. I was curious as to how the tubo is mounted onto your bike. Was there quite a bit of modifications done in order to install it? 150 mph huh? Is that using a GPS to track your speed or using your speedo? And was there a big notice when it kicked in? Just curious.

Nope I disagree. Finding out how fast you can go is definately worth it. I have already been 155mph on my old bike, but I had to get rid of it. It was too old to keep up and while I was away in the military it was just going into neglect. So I am back on this bike and just asking questions to satisfy my curiousity. Besides if we said trying to get into space then we would not have satelite tv or anything goody like that.

twistedrcpilot

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Montgomery Tx. /Lake Conroe TX
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2006, 08:09:21 PM »

Any ideas? I did a search on yahoo, but couldn't find anything. Just wondering.
Well this is the way I see it. How fast will a 1800 run. Not everybody's bike runs the same, yours may out run mine top end or vise versa. Read the test date and you might believe what you read. I don't. The best way to find out how fast a VTX will run, in your case, is to take off your tank top, shorts, and flip flops and get suited up. Find a long stretch, with no side roads entering your path, lay the ears back and let'er breathe. Your speedo may be off a bit but you'll have a dam good idea that going that fast is not in your best interest. O0

Birthday suit?

*Closet Darksider*

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2006, 08:48:10 PM »

All you boys down on the coastal area are crazy. I've got 5 cousins between Houston and Corpus and they still ride Harley's, WFO where ever they go. Must be something in the water. Might try you birthday suit, could be fun.
)-(ooter
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Phoenix2000

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2006, 09:28:41 PM »

Just call us MAD I SAY MAD....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I pushed my bike to 140mph tonight in 5th gear at 11,250 RPMs tonight returning from the meet n greet...

rod181

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Dallas, TX
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2006, 09:38:38 PM »

impressive most impressive  O0
WORK HARD!!! PARTY HARD!!!!

VTeXan

• Old Timer
  • Pearland
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2006, 10:35:18 AM »

I don't know how fast mine will go and don't care. It goes 70MPH on the highway and thats fast enough. Not only that all Hondas are shipped with a 10% difference in actual speed and what the speedo says. So you are going 10% slower than the speedo claims. I heard they started this in the 1960's bikes and have done it ever since.

They do that on cars too.  My prelude is about 10 mph off at 70 and my civic is about 7mph at 70.

My Accord is dead on compared to the GPS indicated speed.

Brian
I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants.

Phoenix2000

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2006, 11:33:03 AM »

I need MORE I say MORE. Modifications will be done in the near future. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal