Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: VTX top speed?  (Read 4042 times)

rod181

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Dallas, TX
Re: VTX top speed?
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2006, 09:34:17 PM »

well i know in houston u can go to the houston speed way on some days to test ur car out.
WORK HARD!!! PARTY HARD!!!!

rod181

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Dallas, TX
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2006, 09:35:31 PM »

Texas Dept of Public Safety may give ya a hand if you're really in need of speed.  Watch out for the tire mats though!!! LOL
yeah i know i already have a ticket from them telling me I have to pay them money lol. somethiong about going to fast.

pacrat

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Cypress,Texas
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2006, 09:45:42 PM »

Dang party poopers! Won't they ever learn?

rod181

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Dallas, TX
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2006, 09:46:34 PM »

well i was in my car that time and now i have to drive the speed limit

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2006, 09:51:07 PM »

i believe the most accurate way of determining actual speed would be with the use of a gps unit. recently i checked the accuracy of my speedo. at an indicated speed of 70 mph on the speedo the gps had me at just a tad under 65. the best i've seen recorded on a gps for an 1800 is 142mph :o good luck and ride safe.
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

Phoenix2000

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2006, 12:56:57 AM »

Does anyone on either board know what the top speed of a VTX 1800 is capable of? Not what they have been up too? I have heard mention of a turbo on a VTX and was curious as if it was actually functional and such. And I am not referring to those dope motors out there aka NOS systems...just straight built up motors... Just curious is all, because I know there are all sorts of Mods that can be done..... Just a curious fellow biker.  O0

twistedrcpilot

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Montgomery Tx. /Lake Conroe TX
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2006, 01:58:09 AM »

Phoenix,  Top speed would be limited on gearing.  Mods basicly change how fast you get to top speed. I have heard on the vtxoa board of people changing out thier final drive to that of the 1300 giving you more top end.  Of course the speedo would be off in the opposite direction.

I hit what I think was 140 on sunday (oops) and the limiter kicked in.   Unfortunatly my specs are probably rated at 100 cuz as soon as I looked down, my eyes dried out. 

*Closet Darksider*

Phoenix2000

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2006, 09:26:46 AM »

OKay.... just wondering, because some else was saying they could modify a VTX and it would do 150. So I am waiting to see it proven is all and I am always curious. My current bike will only do 125, but it is completely stock, but work is about to begin shortly. Let me know if you here any news about top speed increase.

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2006, 10:06:23 AM »

Phoenix,  Top speed would be limited on gearing.  Mods basicly change how fast you get to top speed. I have heard on the vtxoa board of people changing out thier final drive to that of the 1300 giving you more top end.  Of course the speedo would be off in the opposite direction.

I hit what I think was 140 on sunday (oops) and the limiter kicked in.   Unfortunatly my specs are probably rated at 100 cuz as soon as I looked down, my eyes dried out. 

Damn!  O0  Do be careful though.
YOU CAN ONLY BE YOUNG ONCE, BUT YOU CAN BE IMMATURE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE..

twistedrcpilot

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Montgomery Tx. /Lake Conroe TX
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2006, 10:18:35 AM »

Damn!  O0  Do be careful though.

Always!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm not a speed demon.  It's the idea that I wanted to find out what I spent 12g's on.  ;D I'm a 65-70 kinda person and I ride like everyone is tring to run me over. The minute you relax, Slam Boom Bang.....worm food.

*Closet Darksider*

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2006, 11:19:38 AM »

To find out TOP SPEED!!  What you do is find out where there is a speed trap always and just crank the ole VTX up and fly right by the speed trap and there ya go TOP SPEED!!   ;D Draw back to that plan is you will be calling some friend to come and get you out of jail!!   ;D But hey you will know!! 
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

quietguy

Nice N
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2006, 02:11:34 PM »

twistedrcpilot ...   Nice looking N

How does she ride (soft, harsh)?  Handle?

That's my next bike.

Phoenix2000

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2006, 07:12:48 PM »

To find out TOP SPEED!!  What you do is find out where there is a speed trap always and just crank the ole VTX up and fly right by the speed trap and there ya go TOP SPEED!!   ;D Draw back to that plan is you will be calling some friend to come and get you out of jail!!   ;D But hey you will know!! 
\

Hey VTXChad didn't I ride with you at the BBB? I was the guy on the Red Sport Touring bike as in the picture. We passed the guy on the silver VTX in the twisties. Anyhow blew through a few speed traps already and never did find out what my top speed was on my bike, because the police never persued. Speedo said 125, but I need someone else to compare it too, before I start the modifications....

Phoenix2000

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2006, 07:17:32 PM »

Don't get me wrong I do just like to cruise, but when you are with some people and they want to play; not mentioning no names, it is nice to know what a VTX is capable of. So with this infomration I am gathering up I can compare my works in progress with a stabalized test subject. I normally cruise around 75 according to my good freind who rides a Yamaha Vstar 1,100... actually he says that is my slowest speed....  O0

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2006, 08:14:46 PM »

about the turbo, david (AKA vtxturbo) would be the one to talk with. he's the one with the turbo and it is definetly functional.
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal