Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Helmet article in FW Star Telegram Monday, Sep 24 Edition  (Read 2922 times)

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
Re: Helmet article in FW Star Telegram Monday, Sep 24 Edition
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2007, 07:29:48 PM »

Crow, you're absolutely right about premiums -- the insurance industry will always find a way to take more, but will never give part of it back.

I always wear a helmet, but I also feel that armor is an important accessory. A head injury is more likely to be fatal or crippling than a road rash (I once saw a road rash run right through a guy's ribs -- his guts were hanging out. He had slid on the concrete with his HD on top of him. But where his head had been looked a lot worse than his torso). I think riding without a helmet is foolish, but I don't think it should be mandated. I do ride without armor frequently in the summer. I'm surprised the insurance industry hasn't started penalizing us for not using helmets.
02 1800C

BigNasdy

• Old Timer
    • American veteran Pool Table Sevice
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2007, 08:45:43 PM »

yepp.............gutts iz gutts..........
d

rbrown

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2007, 08:59:15 PM »

Y'all are right. Insurance companies will never reduce our premiums to that of other states even if everyone wore a helmet. If they could just come out with cool, lightweight Kevlar then more might wear even armor.

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2007, 01:11:59 PM »

I hate it when they puke out statistics that are meaningless like showing the overall deaths number and the number of helmeted deaths, like that MEANS something.  It's worthless trivia without data that gives us some idea of what percentage are wearing helmets and so on.

That doesn't mean I don't wear a helmet - I do.  I just don't care if you choose to not do so.

I hate posts in a colloquial vernacular.  Now THERE would be a good law!  LOL
My now long gone VTX...
Pages: 1 2 [3]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal