Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Iron Butt Association  (Read 4029 times)

smooth x

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Centerville, Ohio
Re: Iron Butt Association
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2007, 07:25:14 PM »

Not meaning to be rude but, is this something special? I did over 1000 miles within 24 hours of getting my bike last weekend... what's another 500?  O0

So that means your in huh, since it is nothing special.........

MODS Who has those things???? Ride it like you Stole it......

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2007, 10:16:18 PM »

Not meaning to be rude but, is this something special? I did over 1000 miles within 24 hours of getting my bike last weekend... what's another 500?  O0

Quit bragging...   ;D ;D ;D 

Hey, new member here. I drove up late Friday to Sunrise in Searcy and picked up my '03 VTX1800C. Then starting about 10am, I followed my brother (Goldwing) up to Eureka and the Ozarks before ending back in Beebe around 11pm. It was a beautiful ride, about 800 miles in all. After a little rest I made the trip back to D/FW on Sunday. What a way to break in the new bike...

On a stock seat?  I mean the bike is one of the best you can get, especially if it is orange, but dang that really is a hardcore first trip.  I would like to go to Little Rock, AR to Memphis, TN to Murray, KY  ;D to Springfield, MO if I ever get the chance.  it is just over 1000 miles from Midland (the one-way trip) but I think it would be cool to hit 5 states in 1 day.  Dunno about the trip back, but I try not to put my foot down in Oklahoma if I can keep from it.

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2007, 11:12:46 PM »

i did exactly the ride your talking about doing about a year ago. if your trying to make it "official" take note to the fact that there are a few things that have to be done before you can get the "official" certificate. read the rules closely. if not to be official and to just say you did it, hell, i may be up for that. keep us posted. ride safe.
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

White Wolf

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2007, 02:56:02 AM »

Stock seat...  it was 3 days before I could sit normally again  :D . I am thinking about the Mean City Cycle mod.

WW

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2007, 04:33:04 AM »

Hooter are you going to the Vegas Bike Fest ? We will be ther from that Thursday till Monday morning.

Yep. Was going to make Phoenix by mid week and stay with my son a couple of days and then turn up to Vegas hopefully Fri morn and stay till Sun morning. Don't have any reservations any place yet and I guess I'll just play it by ear. Where are yawl staying? Maybe we can touch base somewhere
Al
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

crow57

• Old Timer
  • Garland
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2007, 09:36:23 AM »

Stock seat...  it was 3 days before I could sit normally again  :D . I am thinking about the Mean City Cycle mod.

WW

When I first got the X, I thought everybody was full of crap, bitching about the stock seats...   Nope...  I just hadn't been on it long enough in one day to encounter it.   I felt the bite on miles 250-300 last weekend...

'05 V-Twin, Xtra large 1800 S

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2007, 10:25:50 AM »

WW

When I first got the X, I thought everybody was full of crap, bitching about the stock seats...   Nope...  I just hadn't been on it long enough in one day to encounter it.   I felt the bite on miles 250-300 last weekend...

Yeah, that BAD X / Mean City Cycle mod really makes a difference!

crow57

• Old Timer
  • Garland
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2007, 10:37:24 AM »

Yeah, that BAD X / Mean City Cycle mod really makes a difference!

How long does it take them to get your seat back to you?  Guessing it's gonna have to wait till December or so, I'd rather ride in pain than not ride right now...

crow57

• Old Timer
  • Garland
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2007, 10:46:11 AM »

Doh!  Their FAQ says 1-2 weeks turnaround time.  Gives me a bright idea...  Anybody who bought a custom seat have their stock seat sitting around that I could beg, borrow, steal, buy, rent while I send mine off to BadX?  I have a '05 1800 S  (same as R, I guess).  Bonus points for one with the metal studs.

White Wolf

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2007, 11:30:13 AM »

That is a good idea... we could pass one or two around!

WW

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2007, 06:40:20 AM »

There are plenty of folks who do just that, pass a spare seat around while they're getting modded.

I have a spare C seat if anyone wants to do this, btw.  (If I charge a small rental, maybe I could get mine done! LMAO!)
My now long gone VTX...

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2007, 10:05:32 AM »

Ok so I take it you are coming right? What you have to think about is this is over 24hrs. that means if you never had to stop for gas or food or bathroom you would need to travel 62mph to get it done. Doing this is making a large plan come together. Not Just bragging rights.
Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary.

Honest officer .... I aint driving fast ..... just flying low ....

"I'll keep my money, my freedom and my guns, You can keep the "change"."

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

crow57

• Old Timer
  • Garland
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2007, 10:23:06 AM »

There are plenty of folks who do just that, pass a spare seat around while they're getting modded.

I have a spare C seat if anyone wants to do this, btw.  (If I charge a small rental, maybe I could get mine done! LMAO!)

If a C seat will fit on a S, I'd go for that deal...  No idea if that would work or not...

BIG A

• Master Tejano Rider
  • belton texas 06Goldwing 06KTM 450 08 KTM 690E
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2007, 08:22:09 PM »

a guy i know has done a few iron butt rides, talked to him the other night, and he said he had just done 49 states and alaska in 8 days :o :o, said he was riding 18-19 hours a day!!! :D :-\
YOU DON'T QUIT RIDING WHEN YOU GET OLD---YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU QUIT RIDING

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2007, 12:33:21 PM »

Doh!  Their FAQ says 1-2 weeks turnaround time.  Gives me a bright idea...  Anybody who bought a custom seat have their stock seat sitting around that I could beg, borrow, steal, buy, rent while I send mine off to BadX?  I have a '05 1800 S  (same as R, I guess).  Bonus points for one with the metal studs.
I have one I'll send to badX for ya. No down time. I'm workin' on 57K on a stocker myself...been wondering how a modified one would do.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 12:44:45 PM by snake »
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal