Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: May Be Selling My Bike  (Read 1912 times)

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
May Be Selling My Bike
« on: June 18, 2018, 09:48:56 AM »

:-[ :'( :-[ :'( :-[ :'(

On May 26th, I hit some gravel on a curve and ended up going off the pavement and laid her down. Broke my left ankle in 2 places and bruised up my right leg pretty good. My right knee still looks like a grapefruit. Because of all the blood medications I take, I have decided that that's enough. The injuries are worse than they should be. I now have a walking boot on my left foot but I can't put any weight on it for at least another 4 weeks. I am using a knee scooter to get around.
I am talking to a mechanic friend of mine to see if he would want my bike in exchange for some labor. He can fix the couple things that are wrong and then sell it for a profit.
If he doesn't want to do that deal, then I will be selling it as is.
The only thing that I saw that would keep you from riding it is that one of the bolts broke off on the driver's floorboard so you can't shift it. The couple other things that I noticed was that the fairing has a crack in it behind the left speaker and the bulb for the left side driving light came out of the housing.
I haven't been out to the garage to look at it closer since this happened.
I'll keep y'all posted as things progress.

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
Re: May Be Selling My Bike
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 10:07:50 AM »

Sorry to hear about your accident and am glad you are still here to tell us.  You'll heal up.  Maybe consider getting a trike instead of just ending your riding in its totality. 
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 10:17:02 AM »

Man, that's tough news. Glad your alive to tell the story. After my wreck last year, I never considered giving it up but the reality really set in that I will have to make that call at some point in the not so distant future so I understand and respect whatever decision you  make. Good Luck.
It's all just part of the adventure!

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 10:43:39 AM »

I might bring up the idea about a trike later on but, for now, I am dealing with my ER nurse wife; if you catch my drift??

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 12:29:43 PM »

So sorry to hear about your accident!  I'm glad you aren't injured anymore than you already are, even though I'm sure you are banged up enough.  Heal up...and keep riding..or not.  It's entirely YOUR call.  I had an accident back when I was young and dumber.  Never lost the desire to ride...just wanted to find the right time to do it again.  Every rider has to decide for themselves if it's time to swing your leg over a bike again.  We all understand the risk.  No judgment from me.
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 10:18:51 PM »

You're still here, and that's pretty much all you can ask for.  Hope you get back to normal soon!   :thumbup:

matap

• Board
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 08:22:51 AM »

alternatively to keep your head in the breeze you could get a slingshot and momma could ride next to you.  I'm considering a Vanderhall but not because of any issues, only because I dig them and I want one. 

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 10:43:55 AM »

alternatively to keep your head in the breeze you could get a slingshot and momma could ride next to you.  I'm considering a Vanderhall but not because of any issues, only because I dig them and I want one.

That might be an option, even though I don't like them that much. The wife does seem to like them so it may be worth a try.
We will see once I make up my mind.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 06:01:08 PM »

Now remember Paul if they have that BUY ONE GET ONE FREE sale on the the Vanderhall let me know!!

Bob Glad your ok!!  Get well soon  !!
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Rocket67

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Legend In My Own Mind
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2018, 06:16:46 AM »

Glad to see you weren't hurt worse Bob.  It sucks to hear that you may be packing it in but I completely understand.  I have pondered maybe trading for something different but every time I crank it up and take a ride in the early morning I remember why I do this.  I am sure you have had a few good years on the bike, maybe time to get a convertible.  Or more Hot Wheels...I have a few still.   :thumbup: :c
-Scott
2019 FLHXS

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2018, 06:33:28 AM »

Thanks for all of the well wishes!!!! I knew y'all would understand!!!!!!
Here's a little of my history that y'all don't know.
My wife has been in the medical field ever since I met her. She was the 1st woman hired on for the city of Belton as a Firefighter/ Paramedic back in the early '80's, so she was scraping people off of I35 left & right. She then went to nursing school and became an RN and then went to work where, in the ER. She has been doing that ever since. That is why it took me close to 30 years to get her to agree to let me get a bike. She was getting into it until she wrecked my 1st bike while I was trying to teach her how to ride. She jumped a curb in a school parking lot & hit a metal baseball backstop. She went over the handlebars and cut her right knee up pretty good. She's been reluctant to ride ever since and, because of the 2 heart attacks I've suffered, she worries a lot about me riding.
I've had my license for 6 years now so this hasn't been an easy decision to make.
If my friend doesn't want to do the deal we have discussed, I will probably ask $2500.00 for it the way it sits. That would give me something to put down on a newer truck for me so I could give my '02 GMC to my daughter, who desperately needs a 2nd vehicle.
I enjoy this forum and would like to stay a member, if that is possible. I would still love to meet some more of you & talk shop!!

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2018, 06:37:00 AM »

Glad to see you weren't hurt worse Bob.  It sucks to hear that you may be packing it in but I completely understand.  I have pondered maybe trading for something different but every time I crank it up and take a ride in the early morning I remember why I do this.  I am sure you have had a few good years on the bike, maybe time to get a convertible.  Or more Hot Wheels...I have a few still.   :thumbup: :c

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I still haven't put the other ones out on display yet. They are still in the box!! We are slowly cleaning & straightening out the garage so, maybe, I can have them displayed by this time next year!!   LOL

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2018, 01:36:38 PM »

Chad really spent a long time looking at that Vanderhall at the Dallas Bike Show!!
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..

BobWd

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2018, 07:45:14 AM »

Well, let's see if this works out better! My mechanic friend didn't offer me much at all in labor credit for my bike. He said that he would probably just pull the engine & scrap the rest so I am going to see what you guys say.
Anyone interested in a "03 1800c with a little over 83,000 miles on it? I finally got a chance to look at it & the fairing is messed up on the left side. The only thing keeping you from riding it is a broken mounting bolt on the drivers left floorboard that would keep you from shifting it. The fairing has a Pyle AM/FM/USB/SD stereo with a pair of Bazooka 6x9 3 way speakers. I also have 2 smaller speakers mounted on the front of the trunk for the passenger. It has Mustang seats, driver & passenger Cobra floorboards, custom made dual exhaust with Harley mufflers, aux fuse box and a list to long to add here.
I'm going to start out asking $2500 OBO. I need this gone asap so let me know if you are interested.
Put in a little labor & you'll have a real nice bike to last for quite a long time!!!!

matap

• Board
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2018, 08:14:07 AM »

Seems like a fair price to start with but keep in mind you might not get that since the bike is wrecked and damaged.  You will get offered less.  The fairing and Harley pipes on a VTX add no value to it so just base your price on the bike alone.  Most likely someone will probably just toss those parts away since they may be damaged.

The person looking to buy your product is the person that is willing to put in the labor but are looking for a stellar deal.   

With that said if you need it gone fast be very open to a lesser amount if offered.   
Pages: [1] 2 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal