Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Response from Outriggers in Kemah  (Read 4075 times)

XSPWR

• Old Timer
  • Tony, Christen, DA "X"
Response from Outriggers in Kemah
« on: August 14, 2012, 09:05:51 PM »

Make your own decision, but in all fairness, here is the owner of Outriggers reply to the out pour of attention:
http://www.facebook.com/OutriggersSeafoodGrillBar?ref=stream
Da Coonazz
'02 1800 C,
50,000K miles,
Lots of Goodies
You can't drink "ALL DAY" if you don't start in the morning!

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
Re: Response from Outriggers in Kemah
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 07:23:37 AM »

Still won't wast my time there.  Seems just a little to snooty for me.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 07:49:37 AM »

I think the man and his customers are a bunch of pussies if they are so scared of bikers to where all are lumped into the same group.Last time I was there was about three years ago and the food and service sucked.
Alvin,Texas

opos04

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 08:04:59 AM »

:popcorn:
2007 1800N Charcoal

matap

• Board
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 08:57:41 AM »

You know aside from what just recently transpired there, reading back on reviews from previous years looks like the service hasn't ever been great.  I do see some good comments, but those are far and few between, again I just didn't really like the attitude on their FB page.  Anyways, I haven't been to Kemah in years.  Too much traffic to make it worth it.

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 09:20:55 AM »

what the hell is with that totally fake photo of their place on facebook?!?!

the real shot...

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 10:56:13 AM »

Well, after reading that pathetic reply of his I can see why his business has such a dismal reputation. Like a lawyer, he wants to make his shortcomings everyone else's fault. Like a businessman with no people skills (and obviously no management skills) he wants to portray his bad decisions as a personal attack by his customers. You have to wonder how intelligent the guy is if he doesn't want paying customers "clogging up his parking lot" with vehicles that use much less parking space than cars or trucks.

I'd forgotten how disgusted I was with the way that place was run. His pathetic response just reminded me. And as a grandfather myself (as well as a combat veteran), I have to wonder just what it is about me that he thinks is so offensive and intimidating to his other clientele. The guy's a certified moron, and I'm proud to say that I'll never spend a dime there. I hope his regular customers enjoy the narrow-minded attitude and the horrible service he provides; they deserve each other.
02 1800C

matap

• Board
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 03:05:41 PM »

Well, after reading that pathetic reply of his I can see why his business has such a dismal reputation. Like a lawyer, he wants to make his shortcomings everyone else's fault. Like a businessman with no people skills (and obviously no management skills) he wants to portray his bad decisions as a personal attack by his customers. You have to wonder how intelligent the guy is if he doesn't want paying customers "clogging up his parking lot" with vehicles that use much less parking space than cars or trucks.

I'd forgotten how disgusted I was with the way that place was run. His pathetic response just reminded me. And as a grandfather myself (as well as a combat veteran), I have to wonder just what it is about me that he thinks is so offensive and intimidating to his other clientele. The guy's a certified moron, and I'm proud to say that I'll never spend a dime there. I hope his regular customers enjoy the narrow-minded attitude and the horrible service he provides; they deserve each other.

Werd. 

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 03:53:55 PM »

I spoke to a friend from there since the last post and asked if he was familiar with the place. He said he's never eaten there but his parents have tried Outriggers twice, and left with a bad impression both times. And they're locals. Maybe the place is a tax writeoff, or a money-laundering front; they obviously aren't concerned with generating repeat business. Who knows? That owner sounds like he needs some serious counseling.
02 1800C

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 04:31:45 PM »

Actually. I can see his point. Wasn't there so don't know but I have seen some guys put on a patch, climb on a HD and now suddenly they are a bad azz.
Perception in this case is reality, People see the group and asume they are Biker crazies. Add a few loud mouths with bad language and fear sets in and the whole group gets labeled.. If his business model is to cater to families ,well , I grudingly get it. So from what I read, the food is bad, the service is bad and he doesn't want the motorcycle communities business,Tell everyone you know that rides and Don't go there. I won't whether I'm on the bike or with my family. He said it himself, he doesn't want our money. Doesn't hurt my feelings , my money will spend else where.
It's all just part of the adventure!

TAZ

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Conroe TX.
    • The "TAZ" Machine
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 08:51:23 PM »

I posted everything on my facebook page for all of my friends to see.  I have a few that lives down there.. Maybe they will take there money some where else.  :thumbup:
Later,
"TAZ"
1300C

LEDS installed for $150.00 for members and $200.00 for non members. 14 pods, switch, fuse holder, 3amp fuse included for that price.
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z147/LEDTAZ/

alejandro1800vtx

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 09:30:45 PM »

if the guy is saying the true about 2 or 3 rascals i can see his point, parking in the boat ramp area is a nono and if you don't have a boat trailer behind you you will get ticket or tow, i use that boat ramp to launch the jet sky on the weekends and if some one with out a trailer is on a parking spot is screwing my trailer space and that pisses me off, in the other hand the outriggers is not a biker bar at all, is a flip flaps, family kind of place they even have a kid menu, never see more than 2 bikes there, i eat there a lot, i have the boat in the marina across the street so is just a walk for fresh oyster or a cheap burger, never have a problem, to me look like a bad pick for a M & G, and a bad choice from the manager to take on a reservation knowing that he wasn't comfortable with it, 2 miles down the road you have the road house and grandma place 100% biker bar  ,   :thumbup:
i won't have take it so personal the guy try to do what he tough was best for his business.
And he has the right to do so.

BTW i been trow out of worst places   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 09:35:56 PM by alejandro1800vtx »
just take it slow

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 08:18:53 PM »

I blame the whole thing on TV.

"Sons of Anarchy"

I rest my case.

Edit: I still ain't going there to eat.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 08:26:02 PM by Luckys Lover »
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 01:26:25 PM »

I blame the whole thing on TV.

"Sons of Anarchy"

I rest my case.

Edit: I still ain't going there to eat.

I so agree with you........That show makes all Bikers into no good people.
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

matap

• Board
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2012, 07:26:54 AM »

OH, but it's a good show. 
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal