Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Where to buy  (Read 2371 times)

Swampfox

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Re: Where to buy
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2009, 03:54:05 PM »

get the mustang seat...  The ultimate will soak water if it gets wet... 
my bike never gets wet just like my wife and if it did I would be sitting on it.   :popcorn:

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 03:56:52 PM »

my bike never gets wet just like my wife and if it did I would be sitting on it.   :popcorn:

My bike gets wet.
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

Demon

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2009, 04:22:48 PM »

my bike never gets wet just like my wife and if it did I would be sitting on it.   :popcorn:

I guess at your age you will walk over the water.... eh?

Swampfox

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2009, 04:29:22 PM »

I guess at your age you will walk over the water.... eh?
yea I was to old to get wet but that her problem

jedishon

• Old Timer
  • Katy, Tx
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 10:02:23 AM »

My mustang gets full of water too if it really rains hard.  Have been told you can rub wax into the seams and eventually it will build up a barrier to help keep water out.

Bees wax from any major sports store. rub it into the seams real good, let it sit in the sun for an hour then reapply. Wait a few min and wipe off any extra. no more leaky seams.

siggy57

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2009, 10:13:23 AM »

I got mine in a week and a half from Ultimate and it was worth the wait. I considered the low rider vs. the mid rider and finally decided on the mid rider. Every day of riding it gets more comfortable. No regrets. I just covered the seat with a walmart bag today since it's a little iffy outside.

Siggy
'05 VTX 1300C, Darkside

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2009, 10:31:23 AM »

I've had my Corbin for 4+ years and still love it!  But seat opinions are very "subjective".  Each butt is different, so you need to sit on some before you just go out and buy, in my opinion.  Swampy, which seat(s) have you sat on so far?

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2009, 12:33:56 PM »

I've had my Corbin for 4+ years and still love it!  But seat opinions are very "subjective".  Each butt is different, so you need to sit on some before you just go out and buy, in my opinion.  Swampy, which seat(s) have you sat on so far?
Soooooo, does Lori approve of you sitting on people's butts??  :t
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

PAPPA BEAR

• Rider
  • 2008 1300T - Girlfriend
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2009, 05:10:51 PM »

I love my Ultimate seats. Had Mustang on my VL800 and was not happy.  Never tried Crobin.  Did not like the setup.
Happyness is a decision that I make every morning.  Life is too short to do anything else.

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2009, 09:37:28 PM »

Soooooo, does Lori approve of you sitting on people's butts??  :t

She's okay with it...and don't knock it 'til you try it!  ;D

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2009, 09:46:36 PM »

Bees wax from any major sports store. rub it into the seams real good, let it sit in the sun for an hour then reapply. Wait a few min and wipe off any extra. no more leaky seams.
[/quote]

I am making it fine for now with the mean city mod, But if I had seams I would think this Bees wax idea was just excellent  :good: Thanks for posting  :o
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2009, 04:41:21 AM »

I have 3 Corbin seats and an Ultimate.  I usually use the corbin solo seat just because I like the look and for driving around town it's fine, but if I'm going for a ride of more than 40 or 50 miles, the Ultimate goes right on.  It's simply far more comfortable.
My now long gone VTX...

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2009, 08:26:06 AM »

I have 3 Corbin seats and an Ultimate.  I usually use the corbin solo seat just because I like the look and for driving around town it's fine, but if I'm going for a ride of more than 40 or 50 miles, the Ultimate goes right on.  It's simply far more comfortable.

Weenie!  :t

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2009, 04:22:40 PM »

Gabe you do not need to use the Sumo X seat with the 300 kit on the Raider either stock or any other after market.The Raider with the 300 on the back and the turn down pipes looks pretty bad Cranberries and they will run like a scalded ape.
Alvin,Texas

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2009, 05:05:26 PM »

Weenie!  :t

Yeah, that fits better on the Ultimate too... I didn't know you'd noticed...  LOL
My now long gone VTX...
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal