Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Wife took a spill today.  (Read 2733 times)

teXan

• Tejano
Wife took a spill today.
« on: April 18, 2009, 11:21:56 PM »

My wife (the cutie in my profile pic) dropped her bike on Lime Creek Rd today.  She is OK, nothing broken but really banged up on her left side. Can't put weight on her left leg, but also can't use a crutch because her left arm is banged up. was going probably a little slower than 20 miles an hour around a left hand curve and drug her footboard a little, reflexed back up and lost control. 

I looked in my mirror  just as she went off the road, probably the worst minute of my life, getting turned around and back to see if she was ok. She is home from the hospital now resting.

She just got her own bike last week, (been riding my son's bike before that) she was very excited about coming out to our first BBT next weekend, not sure how this is going to affect that trip.

Not that it really matters but the bike is actually not that bad,   crash bars did their job, scratches on the front fender, light bar and crash bars a toast, few scrapes on the leatherlyke bags, will need a new head light and maybe a new windshield,  but that seems to be about it at first glance.

Had a lot of help first from a few bicyclist that stopped to help, former paramedic and her husband was a former volunteer fire fighter, they manged to slip away after the ambulance and firetruck showed up without me being able to properly thank them.  Then had a few bikers that stopped, and helped me get her bike up out of the ditch, Then the fire dept let me park her bike at the station so I could go to the hospital with her, just got back from loading it into my truck.

She is pretty bummed about scuffing up her nearly flawless bike, but I am just thankful she is OK, and hope she has a speedy recovery.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 12:54:29 AM by teXan »
2003 1300 Retro, cobra speedster longs, crash bars, ultimate seat, leatherlyke bags and a windshield

Me and My 2 teenage sons on their 06 750 spirits

eavd

• Rider
Re: Wife took a spill today.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 12:56:23 AM »

Glad to here that she is mostly ok.  Bike can be fixed. 

guardrail

• Tejano
  • Man...where u been?
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 01:04:45 AM »

she's lucky and so are you. we will be praying for you both. glad to hear that it's not that bad.
it had a pucker facter of about 5000!!!
Baron aka "Guardrail"

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 03:36:47 AM »

Glad to here that she is mostly ok.  Bike can be fixed. 
+2
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

Dusty

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 04:13:26 AM »

I'm sure there is a lesson to be learned from this. Lock on to it, heal fast and get right back on. Glad there wasn't any major damage. I just added floor boards and I got spooked at how much easier they drag than the pegs.

bigdogsgal

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 04:32:40 AM »

Sorry to hear the bad news and I'm glad she ok and doing well.  Limecreek does have some sharp turns and I have found there is always gravel on the road.   Hang in there and hope to see you all at BBT even if riding isn't in the picture.

'05 1800F Black Cherry Red Spec 3

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 05:16:19 AM »

I'm sure there is a lesson to be learned from this. Lock on to it, heal fast and get right back on. Glad there wasn't any major damage. I just added floor boards and I got spooked at how much easier they drag than the pegs.
Ride through the "scraping" (standing a scooter up in a curve ain't a grand idea) and ALWAYS turn your head toward where you are going to exit the turn...NEVER focus your eyes straight ahead of you in a curve, the bike tends to go where you are focused.  :bikerider:
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

Tinman5507

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Elmo, Tx 06-18c
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 06:58:15 AM »

Make sure she gets back on as soon as possible to keep her from becoming scared of the bike. Other wise you'll have one sitting in your garage collecting dust. I'm speaking from experience on this one. My wife's bike is getting all kinds of dusty.

I'm good at pissing people off, just ask my wife, neighbors, or half the people on this forum.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 06:58:32 AM »

Lime Creek Road on a new bike?  ???

Glad she is doing okay!  :thumbup:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 07:08:19 AM »

Hope all goes well.

tejasx

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 07:23:28 AM »

There are two types of riders, those who have gone down and those who haven't yet.  Hope she recovers soon and gets back on.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009, 08:02:43 AM »

Glad to hear she's gonna be alright, bet it did scare the bejeebers out of you , no doubt you would have rather it been yourself than her. Hope you all can still make BBT even if you drive.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Demon

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2009, 08:42:44 AM »

hope she healls fast....

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2009, 09:15:38 AM »

Glad she is doing ok and gets back to riding soon.If she is able just cage it to BBT getting away might do her good and if you make it have a ball.
Alvin,Texas

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2009, 09:23:47 AM »

Glad to see she didn't get it any worse than she did and hopefully has a speedy recovery. I'm sure she feels bad about the bike too but it's repairable. Heres to a speedy recovery  :c
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.
Pages: [1] 2 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal