Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Open Carry Petition  (Read 3019 times)

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
Re: Open Carry Petition
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2009, 07:06:47 AM »

Dang Larry, whadyu go an shoot the good guy for? :laugh:

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

Demon

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2009, 07:38:08 AM »

I just think that if I was a mugger or rapist, I would pick the person that had no visible firearm over someone with one hanging off of their side. Kinda like...don't race the 68 Camaro with the blower out of the hood, race the 77 Bel Air with a straight six...

If your staright six is a Toyota Supra with a nice Turbo the 68 does not have a chance... lol   

Also The link that Jim Posted about Tucker's holsters is a hell of a source.  You guys need to save it on your favorites... I have one of his holsters and is the best holster money can buy!!!   :notworthy:

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2009, 08:25:58 AM »

David no one else was around, just had the need to shoot :banghead: :pot:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2009, 09:20:21 AM »

Larry, believe me, I know where you're coming from. But there is a very good chance the crooks will see you coming in the door and shoot you before you ever know something's wrong. They are focused on the door. You are walking into a store; a whole lot of territory needs to be scanned before you can perceive a threat. And how many crooks are there? Robbers seldom work alone any more. The lookout in the car may well take you out before you get to the door. Or, you walk into the store and the first thing you see is some guy pointing a gun. You shoot, patting yourself on the back for your sharp reflexes and the fact that you just saved the day. Too bad, he was an undercover or off duty cop, or an armed citizen, who just got the drop on the crook. Now you walk in blazing away at the good guy. Your intentions may be good, but you have to consider all of the possibilities before you act. Things aren't always as they appear. If you shot the cop, you're screwed. If he shot you (and he may well think that you're the lookout coming in to save the crooks), you're screwed - or worse.

So, you just shot the off-duty cop and set the crooks free. As they scramble for their guns, Noob charges in. He heard the shots. He sees you pointing your smoking gun at the off-duty cop who's bleeding on the floor. The same cop who married his cousin. Noob, aghast that some lowlife robber just shot his cousin's husband when he was off duty, starts blasting away at you as he makes disparaging comments about your ancestors.

You see where that could go? If you've never been in a shootout, believe me, you don't want to start now. Too many things can go wrong (and that's if you DON'T come out of it with any new leaks) and you don't have time to consider them all if you want to survive. Protect yourself and your family, by all means. But don't try to police the world without the proper training and equipment. And don't assume that you will always see the threat first; that only happens in the movies.
D@mn, it is good to get all perspectives.  Jim, you have pointed out a possible scenario that I hadn't thought of.  I especially like (agree with) you closing remarks.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal