Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Open Carry Petition  (Read 3020 times)

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: Open Carry Petition
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 08:37:53 PM »

Heh heh heh........If it passes a lot of people are going to be freaking out for awhile, until they get used to it. An openly carried firearm is no more "evil" than a concealed firearm. I just believe that concealed carry is a much more sensible option from a tactical standpoint. I'd like to see the open carry come about.

Ditto, keep the bad guys guessing

I don't really want them guessing..........

I want them to be 100% sure that they do not want to F**K with that fella with a .45 Long Colt revolver and a belt full of ammo hanging from his waist...

Or a scabbard with a .30.30 hanging from the tank of my bike...

hehehe...
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2009, 03:18:34 PM »

I came from a state with open carry, not a big deal, people get used to real fast.
I used to have 1000 post on the old board.

www.pepsX.com

rebel devil

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2009, 07:44:39 AM »

I have my CHL but would probably still keep mine concealed. I like the element of surprise for the bad guys.

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2009, 12:37:03 PM »

I have my CHL but would probably still keep mine concealed. I like the element of surprise for the bad guys.

take a tip from me, one concealed, one in the open  ;)
I used to have 1000 post on the old board.

www.pepsX.com

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2009, 02:12:38 PM »

Love the open idea, it's like a brightly colored lizard or a skunk, you just don't mess with em, leave them alone and they will leave you alone. :snapoutofit:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

icemanhail

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2009, 02:47:34 PM »

As an officer I'm for it and against it.  I see the good and the bad aspects.  As for myself, concealed does not draw (no pun intended) any unwanted attention.  I like the fact that no one knows that I am carrying.

-Iceman

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2009, 04:21:46 PM »

I just think that if I was a mugger or rapist, I would pick the person that had no visible firearm over someone with one hanging off of their side. Kinda like...don't race the 68 Camaro with the blower out of the hood, race the 77 Bel Air with a straight six...

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2009, 06:40:18 PM »

Only a lunatic would not support this open carry, I just hate it when my sites start rubbing my butt. Maybe I shouldn't be putting my gun in my pants. ;D I just find a consealed holster so bulkey :what:

Larry, you just need a good holster:
http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/index.html
Have another place that is just a nice!!

http://www.epsaddlery.com/
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2009, 07:13:24 PM »

There's no right or wrong answer.

BUT.............

As our economy deteriorates crime will increase. Our nation has already become more and more violent, and more criminals have shown themselves to be willing to kill without reason. Although a lot of those bloodthirsty killers are illegal immigrants or Katrina "victims" (and New Orleans has had a long history of incredibly violent criminals who receive incredibly low bonds and incredibly light sentences, thanks to their incredibly "understanding" elected officials), more and more of them are domestic crooks emulating the "drugs & thugs" culture of which they have become so enamored. Home invasions and carjackings have risen dramatically, and robberies are on the rise. For weeks now talk of nationalizing our banks has been on the increase. Scary times are ahead, have no doubts about that. It's going to get significantly worse.

The gun control people want you to believe that if they outlaw firearms, crime will stop. They have made that claim with every idiotic gun control bill they have passed over the years. They quote statistics that they KNOW are lies to "prove" their claims. I hope none of you are stupid enough to believe that the crooks are going to turn in their guns just because the gun grabbers told them to. THEY NEVER HAVE IN THE PAST; WHY WOULD THEY NOW?

As home invasions, carjackings, robberies, rapes, and other violent crimes increase you will have increased need to defend yourself and your family. Whether you choose to do so should be YOUR choice, not the choice of some politician, or some bunch of loyal left-leaners living in Never-Never Land. There are millions of guns in this country. Most of them are owned by honest citizens and will never be used criminally. The ones owned by crooks will still be owned by crooks after your government convinces you to turn your guns in. Think about that. Look for the truth, not just the lies and the rhetoric the gun grabbers will feed you. Cities like New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, DC, and others with high crime rates have all enacted more and more stringent gun control laws, but they have only disarmed the honest citizens. The crooks love it. But the left-leaners insist that it's working. Just like Lone_Wolfe, they all shut up when called on to produce facts. THINK HARD ABOUT WHERE THE NATION IS GOING, AND HOW IT WILL AFFECT YOUR SECURITY.

As far as open carry versus concealed, consider this: if you walk in on a robbery in progress with a weapon openly displayed, you stand a better than average chance of being shot before you ever know something's wrong - that robber won't be taking any chances. He won't know if you're a plainclothes cop or a good samaritan, and he won't care. That's just one of a number of scenarios to consider. But it's YOUR choice, not mine or anyone else's. It's not a light topic; consider it well before you choose.
02 1800C

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2009, 07:46:43 PM »

On the other side of the coin if I walk in on a robbery in progress, I'm gonna shoot the robber, same reason = not going to take the chance to see what he will do. I understand I would then have to defend myself in the courts and that would be the real battle.  :cuss:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2009, 07:56:08 PM »

On the other side of the coin if I walk in on a robbery in progress, I'm gonna shoot the robber, same reason = not going to take the chance to see what he will do. I understand I would then have to defend myself in the courts and that would be the real battle.  :cuss:

And make sure you kill the scumbag! :thumbup:

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2009, 08:13:15 PM »

There's no right or wrong answer.

BUT.............

As our economy deteriorates crime will increase. Our nation has already become more and more violent, and more criminals have shown themselves to be willing to kill without reason. Although a lot of those bloodthirsty killers are illegal immigrants or Katrina "victims" (and New Orleans has had a long history of incredibly violent criminals who receive incredibly low bonds and incredibly light sentences, thanks to their incredibly "understanding" elected officials), more and more of them are domestic crooks emulating the "drugs & thugs" culture of which they have become so enamored. Home invasions and carjackings have risen dramatically, and robberies are on the rise. For weeks now talk of nationalizing our banks has been on the increase. Scary times are ahead, have no doubts about that. It's going to get significantly worse.

The gun control people want you to believe that if they outlaw firearms, crime will stop. They have made that claim with every idiotic gun control bill they have passed over the years. They quote statistics that they KNOW are lies to "prove" their claims. I hope none of you are stupid enough to believe that the crooks are going to turn in their guns just because the gun grabbers told them to. THEY NEVER HAVE IN THE PAST; WHY WOULD THEY NOW?

As home invasions, carjackings, robberies, rapes, and other violent crimes increase you will have increased need to defend yourself and your family. Whether you choose to do so should be YOUR choice, not the choice of some politician, or some bunch of loyal left-leaners living in Never-Never Land. There are millions of guns in this country. Most of them are owned by honest citizens and will never be used criminally. The ones owned by crooks will still be owned by crooks after your government convinces you to turn your guns in. Think about that. Look for the truth, not just the lies and the rhetoric the gun grabbers will feed you. Cities like New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, DC, and others with high crime rates have all enacted more and more stringent gun control laws, but they have only disarmed the honest citizens. The crooks love it. But the left-leaners insist that it's working. Just like Lone_Wolfe, they all shut up when called on to produce facts. THINK HARD ABOUT WHERE THE NATION IS GOING, AND HOW IT WILL AFFECT YOUR SECURITY.

As far as open carry versus concealed, consider this: if you walk in on a robbery in progress with a weapon openly displayed, you stand a better than average chance of being shot before you ever know something's wrong - that robber won't be taking any chances. He won't know if you're a plainclothes cop or a good samaritan, and he won't care. That's just one of a number of scenarios to consider. But it's YOUR choice, not mine or anyone else's. It's not a light topic; consider it well before you choose.

All very good points, most of which I have not considered. Thanks for the info.... :c

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2009, 11:23:09 PM »

Larry, believe me, I know where you're coming from. But there is a very good chance the crooks will see you coming in the door and shoot you before you ever know something's wrong. They are focused on the door. You are walking into a store; a whole lot of territory needs to be scanned before you can perceive a threat. And how many crooks are there? Robbers seldom work alone any more. The lookout in the car may well take you out before you get to the door. Or, you walk into the store and the first thing you see is some guy pointing a gun. You shoot, patting yourself on the back for your sharp reflexes and the fact that you just saved the day. Too bad, he was an undercover or off duty cop, or an armed citizen, who just got the drop on the crook. Now you walk in blazing away at the good guy. Your intentions may be good, but you have to consider all of the possibilities before you act. Things aren't always as they appear. If you shot the cop, you're screwed. If he shot you (and he may well think that you're the lookout coming in to save the crooks), you're screwed - or worse.

So, you just shot the off-duty cop and set the crooks free. As they scramble for their guns, Noob charges in. He heard the shots. He sees you pointing your smoking gun at the off-duty cop who's bleeding on the floor. The same cop who married his cousin. Noob, aghast that some lowlife robber just shot his cousin's husband when he was off duty, starts blasting away at you as he makes disparaging comments about your ancestors.

You see where that could go? If you've never been in a shootout, believe me, you don't want to start now. Too many things can go wrong (and that's if you DON'T come out of it with any new leaks) and you don't have time to consider them all if you want to survive. Protect yourself and your family, by all means. But don't try to police the world without the proper training and equipment. And don't assume that you will always see the threat first; that only happens in the movies.
02 1800C

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2009, 11:55:45 PM »

Larry, believe me, I know where you're coming from. But there is a very good chance the crooks will see you coming in the door and shoot you before you ever know something's wrong. They are focused on the door. You are walking into a store; a whole lot of territory needs to be scanned before you can perceive a threat. And how many crooks are there? Robbers seldom work alone any more. The lookout in the car may well take you out before you get to the door. Or, you walk into the store and the first thing you see is some guy pointing a gun. You shoot, patting yourself on the back for your sharp reflexes and the fact that you just saved the day. Too bad, he was an undercover or off duty cop, or an armed citizen, who just got the drop on the crook. Now you walk in blazing away at the good guy. Your intentions may be good, but you have to consider all of the possibilities before you act. Things aren't always as they appear. If you shot the cop, you're screwed. If he shot you (and he may well think that you're the lookout coming in to save the crooks), you're screwed - or worse.

So, you just shot the off-duty cop and set the crooks free. As they scramble for their guns, Noob charges in. He heard the shots. He sees you pointing your smoking gun at the off-duty cop who's bleeding on the floor. The same cop who married his cousin. Noob, aghast that some lowlife robber just shot his cousin's husband when he was off duty, starts blasting away at you as he makes disparaging comments about your ancestors.

You see where that could go? If you've never been in a shootout, believe me, you don't want to start now. Too many things can go wrong (and that's if you DON'T come out of it with any new leaks) and you don't have time to consider them all if you want to survive. Protect yourself and your family, by all means. But don't try to police the world without the proper training and equipment. And don't assume that you will always see the threat first; that only happens in the movies.

Hip, you have been there... n00b hasn't. You have lived it....n00b hasn't.

If you say concealed is better in your opinion, I am a believer. Thanks again for the info. It is appreciated.

big oz

• Old Timer
  • Alvarado, Texas
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2009, 01:25:05 AM »

I signed it a long time ago, wish they would hurry up and get it passed...how many sigs does it need?

2006 VTX 1800n, MS fats 21" solar shield, Leatherlyke Cross Country Bags, custom hitch, Darkside 205/60/16 Goodyear Eagle GT
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal