Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So Who wants To Ride Saturday ?  (Read 2497 times)

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
Re: So Who wants To Ride Saturday ?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2009, 12:39:29 PM »

Jim,
I have NO doubt at all that you can and do rig up your lights and siren better than most could or would.  Glad you have a cooler truck to ride around in now.  We have a Dodge pickup...I have always been a Chevy person, but this is one damn good truck we have now.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Dusty

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2009, 04:12:26 AM »

Ok, so your new city ride...is that a city issued car for work?  If so, why do YOU have to install lights?  Would have thought that would have been done for you.

Connie & Gabe, we have a guy who rigs out our vehicles. He does a pisspoor job for a premium price. I convinced Andy that he should let me do it. I fabricated custom brackets; Z would have used bubblegum and baling wire to make an existing console "work".  I already have the siren, radio, and laptop up and running, and was waiting on the lights. They came in last week, but I was up in Dobbin all weekend helping Charlie work on his house (and breaking his fall when he fell off the ladder Saturday -- we're both still sore as heII). Anyway, I had to run hot up to Huntsville last night after our burglar, and I really needed the lights in that 5:30 traffic from Oak Ridge North to Willis.  

The truck is nice; it's a loaded Dodge quad cab shortbed. It's about a thousand times better than that F250 I was driving. It's quicker, faster, handles a whole lot better, and rides WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better. I hate to say it, but it's almost as good as a Chevy. The fact that I didn't have to pay for it, and the fact that I don't buy the gas in it, makes it a huge winner. It almost looks too good to park in my driveway.

Jim,

I assume it's gasoline? I am hearing from a co-worker that his Dodge diesel has been in the shop because of the emission control system. A couple of times. Apparently they plug up and it's about $1,000 to get it unplugged. He is approaching the end of warranty and is going to remedy the problem after that. Of course, he also said that Ford and Chevy are having the same problem only worse.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 04:17:13 AM by Dusty »

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2009, 07:02:02 AM »

Yes, it's a gasoline engine. The only worries I have about Dodge are the brakes and suspension, but they shouldn't be an issue for me the way I drive. A lot of the agencies using the Chargers are buying aftermarket brakes. My understanding is that they are only an issue on the cars that get run hard. Our patrol supervisor has been in a new Durango for awhile with no issues.
02 1800C
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal