Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: looking for some good rodes  (Read 3591 times)

Capt. Howdy

• Rider
  • denton, tx
looking for some good rodes
« on: April 01, 2007, 07:33:03 PM »

I live in the DFW area and next weekend (weather permitting) I am riding down to temple to meet up with a friend. The next day we are planning to ride down to Austin then making a loop back to Temple and ride back home on Sunday.  Does anybody know of any good rodes we can take after we leave Austin to get back to Temple?  We will have most of the day to ride so the more hills and curves the better O0 

There are three kinds of people in this world, those that can count and those who can't!!

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
Re: looking for some good rodes
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 09:08:09 PM »

I live in the DFW area and next weekend (weather permitting) I am riding down to temple to meet up with a friend. The next day we are planning to ride down to Austin then making a loop back to Temple and ride back home on Sunday.  Does anybody know of any good rodes we can take after we leave Austin to get back to Temple?  We will have most of the day to ride so the more hills and curves the better O0 

Big A and VTreX would be the best source of that info, as they live in the Temple general vicinity, and are always blessing us Austinites with their presence...  O0
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 10:45:24 PM »

1431,2342,park road 4, 29,fm243,183,138,195,229,2843, 190 to Belton... Ride Safe  O0 O0 O0 O0
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

Capt. Howdy

• Rider
  • denton, tx
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 08:27:09 PM »

Thanks VTreX  that looks like a good route to take and i think we will be adding some more to it, but def. will be taking some of those rodes   O0

There are three kinds of people in this world, those that can count and those who can't!!

BIG A

• Master Tejano Rider
  • belton texas 06Goldwing 06KTM 450 08 KTM 690E
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 09:00:25 PM »

if you ride down 1431 all the way to marblefalls, take a left at the light on 29 and go down a few blocks and look for the blue bonnet cafe on the left, some really good food and even better pie, go back north on 29 toward burnet, look for park rd. 4 on your left, close to burnet, be sure and look for the castle on the hill on your right, also stop at the road side park on the left, it has a really nice overlook of the valley,then ride on and finish the ride around inks lake, the roads are really twisty and a lot of fun. another fun road is off of 1431 just as your going out of cedar park, you turn left on lime creek rd. and follow it all the way to 620, some really twisty roads and great views, these are just a couple of good rides O0
YOU DON'T QUIT RIDING WHEN YOU GET OLD---YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU QUIT RIDING

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 09:17:40 PM »

plenty of good roads in the area. i'd be happy to give you guys a guided tour if possible. i've got a couple of things going on this weekend but could possibly get away if the timimg is right. i'm in leander, which is just north of austin on 183. main intersection is 1431 and 183. good starting point for some great rides. if you can give me a somewhat detailed time, maybe we can hook up. let me know and ride safe.
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 09:26:23 PM »

Blanco County, Kendall County, Kerr County, Bandera County, Gillispie County, Llano County, & that's just a few good roads.  ;)

If you get to Fredricksburg, stop by the Visitor's Center. It's 1 block north of Hwy 290 (Main St.). You can pick up county maps of all the above counties, and more. For FREE! Well worth the stop. They show all the little roads.  O0
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 08:46:32 AM »

Blanco County, Kendall County, Kerr County, Bandera County, Gillispie County, Llano County, & that's just a few good roads.  ;)

If you get to Fredricksburg, stop by the Visitor's Center. It's 1 block north of Hwy 290 (Main St.). You can pick up county maps of all the above counties, and more. For FREE! Well worth the stop. They show all the little roads.  O0
     RD on your next tour would you pick me up a set of those free maps so I won't have to stop!!!!!!???????? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D O0 O0 ::)
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 10:10:03 AM »

RD on your next tour would you pick me up a set of those free maps so I won't have to stop!!!!!!???????? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D O0 O0 ::)

Anything for my "Cow-tippin'" buddy! O0
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

Capt. Howdy

• Rider
  • denton, tx
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 07:00:24 PM »

Thanks everybody for all the info.  Big A, we might try to stop at that cafe,  I like to eat good pie  ;)
I don't care what the other DFW Xers say about you CenTex Xers,    Yall are all right   O0   O0 

Capt. Howdy

• Rider
  • denton, tx
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 07:04:04 PM »

Thanks  RD,  but i don't see any of those rodes on my map    :-\   :(
But if we make it as far a Fredricksburg we will stop and get those maps   O0

BIG A

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 07:08:22 PM »

wish i was going to be here this weekend, would guide you guy's around, but  my wife and i are riding up to arkansas, and through the mountains for two or three days, if you can hook up with cruzin he knows all the good roads too. O0

Capt. Howdy

• Rider
  • denton, tx
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 07:12:04 PM »

plenty of good roads in the area. i'd be happy to give you guys a guided tour if possible. i've got a couple of things going on this weekend but could possibly get away if the timimg is right. i'm in leander, which is just north of austin on 183. main intersection is 1431 and 183. good starting point for some great rides. if you can give me a somewhat detailed time, maybe we can hook up. let me know and ride safe.
A guided tour would be great, but we have no set times for anything.  Only three things for sure on this trip,  1)we leave on fri   2)  we are to  meet in temple    and 3)  we have to work on monday                    everything else is open for change.  If things change later this week I will let you know     O0

BIG A

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 07:12:55 PM »

i know jeremy i didn't spell your handle right sorry :P it's crewsn :D :D ;)

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 07:26:29 PM »

I don't care what the other DFW Xers say about you CenTex Xers,    Yall are all right   O0   O0 

Yeah, we don't care what they say, either...  ;D ;)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal