Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ground Control To Major Tom, your circuits dead, theres something wrong.  (Read 4422 times)

vtxcrzr

• Old Timer
  • New Braunfels, TX Black 1800C

Ground control to Major Tom, your circuits dead, theres something wrong.  Can you hear me Major Tom? Can you hear me Major Tom? Can you hear me Major Tom?

19 days without a post to the Central Texas VTX Forum ???  

Road with Hill Country Motorcycle Riders of Texas last Saturday and put 300 miles on my VTX. Tons of bikes out.  Between HCMR and Alamo City Riders there are 5 rides and 1 event planned over the next couple of weeks (obviously weather permitting) Not a peep on this board. :ohwow:

What happend to rides nearly every weekend and Thursday Bike Night and comradery at Antonio's? :c
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 05:57:57 PM by vtxcrzr »

Stormy

• Old Timer
  • New Braunfels,Tx.
Re: Ground Control To Major Tom, your circuits dead, theres something wrong.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 06:42:16 PM »

Heck Lex,
 The wife and I were out last weekend ourselves, saw quite a few bikes out myself,but know one that I new.

JGomez55

• Old Timer
  • Lovin Life....!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 10:51:54 PM »

Was in Corpus Christi last weekend... saw many riders on the rode.. but all I could do was watch everyone on the road, I had family visiting for the holidays..

Tooo cold for me anyways I am more of a fair weather rider... might be awhile for me to get out and ride...

8)
Joe Cool...8)

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 01:58:38 PM »

I want to go Brennam on the 23rd to the meet and great..  RIDE SAFE RIDE LONG
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 08:34:27 AM »

Question: Why do people post that there have been no rides posted, then talk about the rides they have done?
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 08:59:54 AM »

Question: Why do people post that there have been no rides posted, then talk about the rides they have done?

:agree:
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

vtxcrzr

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 11:15:31 AM »

In this case it is a passive/aggressive attempt to stimulate what was a very fun and active group of folks back into action.  But it looks as though it has failed.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 12:14:56 PM »

Methinks a better way to do it would be to post a ride. Glass half full, not half empty...

:stickpoke:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 08:18:07 PM »

You have time to think about it!!!! :redcard: :redcard: :thumbup: :thumbup: :ohwow: :stickpoke: :stickpoke: :pot: :boxing:
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 10:13:09 PM »

Yes, there should have been an invite to ride.   :bikerider:       Kenny, I too plan on riding down on the 23rd...
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

vtxcrzr

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 12:23:19 PM »

You have time to think about it!!!! :redcard: :redcard: :thumbup: :thumbup: :ohwow: :stickpoke: :stickpoke: :pot: :boxing:

Kenny, already committed to another ride on the 23rd.  If it looks like a lot of people are going to show up I can think about skipping out.  If it looks like only few are going to show then I feel obligated to go.

vtxcrzr

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 12:28:45 PM »

Methinks a better way to do it would be to post a ride. Glass half full, not half empty...

:stickpoke:

Jeff, of all people to be critical, you tired this back in June and I was the only one in ALL OF TEXAS to agree to show up and then it was cancelled due to lack of participation.  I was the first one to respond, 7 minutes and 10 seconds after your post.

.......................... But I digress. Any CenTexers want to head to the Grist Mill for lunch, Saturday or Sunday? Great food, beer if you feel so inclined, and we can throw a litle scenic tour down the River Road, before or after. It's supposed to be 97 both days, so good riding weather, (so says this Yankee...). Kind of a central spot between SA and Austin, so maybe we can get peeps from all over?......................

Let me know what you think.  :thumbup:

I am always up for the Grist Mill and a run down River Road.

Well, this doesn't look good. Just Lex and I? Out of all of CenTex? I mean, I know I'm a prick, but this is good eatin' and good ridin'!!  ::)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 12:43:52 PM by vtxcrzr »

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 02:35:55 PM »

I'm confused  ??? ... :stickpoke: you do not feel obligated to go since a few people ARE GOING to make the ride  :bikerider:  up to Brenham for the  :c  M&G  :lunch:  on the 23rd of January.
However, if not :cuss: one person from the area goes,  :violin: then you feel obligated  :angel:  to go!    :hmm:

So, is it "Old Timers" at a young age or Agent Orange!   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Kenny, the smileys are for you!    :flag:   :bikerider:   :flag:   :bikerider:   :flag:
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 03:26:23 PM »

Bobby, I think what he is trying to say is that if a few people show up for his previously planned ride then he feels obligated to go to show support...if lots of people are going to his previously planned ride then he can skip out and not be missed and therefore come to our M&G.  I maybe wrong but that is how I read it.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 03:57:23 PM »

What Lex is stating is that if a lot of (Centex) folks are going to Brenham, he will consider doing that. If only one or two (Centex) folks are going to Brenham, he will go to his other ride.

And actually, Lex, that's not a whole lot different than the proposed Grist Mill ride that you dug the posts up for. It wasn't a bunch of folks going; it was, besides me, one, you. In that case, like your situation for the 23rd, with that low of a response, I chose to do something else.

I'm not going to continue to argue this one. If someone wants to ride, post something. If enough people want to join you, go. If they don't, go by yourself, or don't go.
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal