Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ground Control To Major Tom, your circuits dead, theres something wrong.  (Read 4420 times)

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
Re: Ground Control To Major Tom, your circuits dead, theres something wrong.
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 04:06:17 PM »

I'm not going to continue to argue this one. If someone wants to ride, post something. If enough people want to join you, go. If they don't, go by yourself, or don't go.

I almost posted the same sentiment...excellent advice.    :bikerider: Now on to another subject.  :c
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

vtxcrzr

• Old Timer
  • New Braunfels, TX Black 1800C
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2010, 05:11:51 PM »

I'm confused  ??? ... :stickpoke: you do not feel obligated to go since a few people ARE GOING to make the ride  :bikerider:  up to Brenham for the  :c  M&G  :lunch:  on the 23rd of January.
However, if not :cuss: one person from the area goes,  :violin: then you feel obligated  :angel:  to go!    :hmm:

So, is it "Old Timers" at a young age or Agent Orange!   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Kenny, the smileys are for you!    :flag:   :bikerider:   :flag:   :bikerider:   :flag:

Its real simple.  The other group gets 10-15 people to turnout for a typical ride.  Currently, only 4 people (including myself) have committed to go on January 23.  Therefore if one person drops out then there is a risk the ride may be cancelled for lack of participation. (just like Jeff’s ride to the Gristmill back in June) I don’t want to be the guy who cancels and kills the ride.

If on the other hand, the other group gets their usual turnout of 10 or so riders, then 1 person dropping out will not affect the ride.

I am relatively new to the other group, don’t know anybody real well, so whether I show up or not will not affect the ride other than meeting the initial quorum requirement.  I have known Kenny for almost 4 years now and given a choice I would rather ride with Kenny.

I have made a comitment to the other ride and will not cancel if I feel it with jepardize the ride.  I had already made the comitment to the other group before Kenny posted his ride.  I obviously can not commite to both thus I am in wait and see mode right now
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 05:25:34 PM by vtxcrzr »

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 09:53:09 PM »

OK, now I am on the same page and understand...I would do the same, you already made the committment!  Sorry, for the misunderstanding...yep it is hard to get the Centex area together.  I wanted to go with Jeff on his "Here's your F$%#@ centex ride" but the timing was wrong, so here we are back to square-one.  I plan on making the Brenham run but that is still a week away, so who knows.  Hope we get to ride together soon.   :bikerider:     :c       :thumbup:
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

vtxcrzr

• Old Timer
  • New Braunfels, TX Black 1800C
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2010, 07:57:30 AM »

Bobby, I think what he is trying to say is that if a few people show up for his previously planned ride then he feels obligated to go to show support...if lots of people are going to his previously planned ride then he can skip out and not be missed and therefore come to our M&G.  I maybe wrong but that is how I read it.
Thanks Lucky, that’s exactly what I am trying to say.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2010, 08:21:55 AM »

C'mon CenTex get it together, We need ya', see ya in Brenham! :lunch: :bikerider:
It's all just part of the adventure!

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2010, 09:55:27 AM »

yeah, come one guys.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

RicksVTX

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2010, 06:06:08 PM »

just looked at the forecast  for the 23rd and it says temps in the lower 70's and no mention of rain.. Yippppeeeeeeeeeeeeee lets ride.. :P :bikerider: :c

Rick

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2010, 09:46:52 PM »

just looked at the forecast  for the 23rd and it says temps in the lower 70's and no mention of rain.. Yippppeeeeeeeeeeeeee lets ride.. :P :bikerider: :c

Rick
yeah, that's what i was noticing.  Hope it sticks.  Bryce finish that project this weekend. it's gonna be a nice ride to take that crotch rocket out.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2010, 09:55:07 PM »

:stickpoke: :redcard:  If the weather holds
I will see who shows in Brenam.  Ride Safe Ride Long.  X Riders forever!!!
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2010, 08:42:22 AM »

There are issues other than weather that may affect my ability to fulfil this commitment, but if those issues are at bay and the weather is halfway decent, if Cen-Tex needs another rider to keep this thing going, I will ride to Austin on Friday, spend the night and meet wherever y'all want to make the ride work.  Sure would like to hook up with Bobby and Kenny and all you other reprobates! :laugh:

Lets have a big turnout for the first "real" run of the year!  Are you born to be wild or mild??? :boxing:

Git-R-did! :lunch:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 08:47:33 AM by RocknRoll »
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

Dusty

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2010, 06:59:32 AM »

:popcorn:
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal