VTX Related Rides > Out of State Rides

Round Trip to Las Vegas

(1/3) > >>

AlinTexas:
A friend and I rode to Las Vegas and back from The Woodlands.  We left on Sept. 28, and got back October 9.  It was incredible.  We went through Farmington NM, Four Corners, Page AZ (by Lake Powell), The Valley of Fire in Nevada, Vegas, Hoover Dam, the Grand Canyon, Flagstaff, ShowLow AZ, Roswell NM, Lampasas, Tx.

My '04 VTX1300R performed perfectly (his Harley did ok too.).  Some pics are posted here: http://picasaweb.google.com/Claysgrandad/VegasBikeTrip .

3,246 miles, averaging about 500 miles per riding day.  I bought an Air Hawk seat cushion and it was amazing, solid comfort the whole trip.

I can't wait to do another one.

RD:
Great pic's. A trip of a lifetime!! O0 There's nothing like traveling this great country of our by motorcycle, is there? I've been to many of the same locations that you were. Did they finish the bypass bridge/highway around Hoover Dam? Thanks for sharing. :)

lakebum1980:
I'm planning on making the ride out next year for the rally that Hooter went to this year.  Sounds like a lot of fun. O0

AlinTexas:
RD,
The bridge around Hoover Dam won't be done until '09.  They told us that one of the cranes blew over in a strong wind sometime back and took out some of the bridgework.  Set them back several months.

al

hooter:

--- Quote from: lakebum1980 on November 06, 2007, 11:07:01 AM ---I'm planning on making the ride out next year for the rally that Hooter went to this year.  Sounds like a lot of fun. O0

--- End quote ---

Let me know next year and we'll ride  O0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version