Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Chapters  (Read 3374 times)

Militman

• Old Timer
  • "Ride hard or get out of my way!"
Chapters
« on: December 25, 2007, 01:48:46 PM »

Hey I seen a bunch of you with Texas X Riders patches on the back of your vest and jackets. So I know this is a MC. Also seen the by-laws and areas. All though I cant find anything on the forums for far west Texas. Anyway, I was wondering if there is a El Paso, Tx. chapter of the Texas X Riders. Just looking for a good group to go riding with and grow with. Let me know. Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 02:21:08 PM by Militman »

Dusty

Re: Chapters
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 03:28:22 PM »

Welcome to the board Militman.
Unfortunately, you are in an area that is pretty sparsely populated and there isn't a lot of members out that way. Hopefully someone will chime in that is closer to you. I'm over on the right side of Texas.   ;)

For what it's worth, The TexasXriders is a "Riding Club" and not an "MC" Motorcycle Club.  This may seem petty but there is a difference.

Hope you hook up with someone to ride with.

Dusty

Militman

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 04:55:45 PM »

Hey Dusty, thanks for the response. Well I will be here on the forums still. Maybe if there is ever a day like you said. I will be around though and ready to ride. ;)

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 02:21:50 PM »

Cmon to the bluebonnet Rally Militman. You're closer than I am. Bring that sandblasted scooter :o over so we can see what one looks like without paint! ;D
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Militman

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 08:14:26 PM »

LOL snake!!! I hate the fact that El Paso always has high winds and sand storms. I definitely got a cover right away for the bike. I wanna try and build a personal shed for just the bike since on post housing has no garages just car ports. I also know they sell some flimsy cover that act like sheds but the winds will knock them over in no time. >:(

That bluebonnet rally is almost to Houston. I will see if some of my buddies wanna go.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 08:23:00 PM by Militman »

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 08:18:47 PM »

LOL snake!!! I hate the fact that El Paso always has high winds and sand storms. I definitely got a cover right away for the bike. I wanna try and build a personal shed for just the bike since on post housing has no garages just car ports. I also know they sell some flimsy cover that act like sheds but the winds will knock them over in no time. >:(

Is there a place that I can go to check out the rally over the web? I would like to go just wanna check it out some more.

Pictures here:  http://wwwtemp.texasxriders.com/

rookies are required to bring the alcohol... right Dusty?  :)

Militman

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 08:29:49 PM »

Have you guys every been to the Boerne, Texas, St. Valentines Day Massacre Rally? Wondering how that was.

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 12:04:06 AM »

You stationed at Bliss or WSMR? I lived at WSMR for 2 1/2 years, made a run back out there in 99. Always had a dream of retiring there... the sandstorms of 99 the beginning of July made me realize I wouldn't be able to afford keeping a windshield I could see out of on my bike, LOL.
The bluebonnet is closer to you than San Antonio is. I haven't mapped it, but I bet it isn't much over 400 miles to friedricksburg from El Paso. C'mon. My first trip from here to there ran me 660 miles. I take a shorter route now. Closer to 520. ;D
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Militman

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2007, 06:09:59 PM »

LOL yea. If I go to that rally it will be my first long trip.  ;D I am at Fort Bliss also. I hate the sand here. I think next duty station I am gonna try and go back to Fort Hood. Much better for riding over there. A lot greener too.  ;)

It will be a cold one but I am gonna try to get some guys to go to the Rallies down there with me. Just cant wait to ride my new VTX. I have rode a 1981 Yamaha Virago 750 since I was 16. So you know I didnt go on any long trips. I also just installed my new hard krome 2.5 pipes today. So I am ready to cruise. I will have to find someone that loves cruisin as much as I do at Fort Bliss. Everyone thinks you are only suppose to ride in the summer.  :(

justin69

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "NO PAIN, NO STAIN!!!" Ft. worth
    • http://myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2007, 07:37:21 PM »

well I don't know when, but I'm gonna take a cruise up there to Chuco just to eat me some Chico's ;) I've been craving them tacos since the day I left there :'( If you ever decide to come over this way for an event or anything, you gotta bring some Chico's!!!!!!!!
Welcome to the board by the way O0

OCIFFER, I SweAr To DRunK I'M NoT GoD!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider

Militman

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2007, 09:37:36 PM »

Thanks for the greeting but I have no idea what tacos you are talking about. :(

justin69

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2007, 03:14:06 AM »

WOW! Chico's is what El Paso is known for. best hang over cure around. there's one down the road from you. go south down Dyer past Fred Wilson down into Central. It's a little bit past papa john's on the right.

Militman

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2007, 05:04:43 AM »

Yea man. I will definitely try that place out. I am always loooking for good tacos. Sounds like you know this place pretty good. You need to come back out here so we can ride to CloudCroft ;D

justin69

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2007, 05:42:13 PM »

ya one of these days I'm gonna have to ride out there. I havn't been back since I left. that was back in 2000. No wait I lied, I went back in 03  or 04. Something like that, I can't remember :-\ How long you been posted up there?

Militman

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2007, 06:19:36 PM »

Been stationed here since March '07. I am gonna be here for a while and then try to go back to Fort Hood after this. Will be closer then. That wont be tile end of 08 or 09 though.
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal