Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Do I still belong here? Eh I suppose so.  (Read 6708 times)

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Do I still belong here? Eh I suppose so.
« on: May 04, 2009, 09:32:30 PM »

First let me apologize to all my friends that I missed a this years BBT.  As usual, my world went crazy about that time.
I'm glad Kenny &  Snake are back on, posting again, Keep us up dated more often, on how you are doing.
My world went rocking when the telephone rang around midnight. Not a good thing for most of us, at my house it's usually the railroad calling my wife in to work. This time it was, the railroad, calling to say her job had just been cut from the budget. A common occurrence in today's business economy. Not the midnight part. On the railroad you are management or, you are union, no choice about that, it is, how it is. So off she goes to Lafayette La, where she can hold a job in her field. Yea, I guess me, and the kids, and dogs, will be moving down that way. We will most likely be selling our home in Amarillo.
My father in law, at our wedding, told me it's the wife's responsibility to keep beer in the cooler, and gas in the boat. I hold her to it. I loved my father in law. I have 4 boats rotting in my yard. I may, now get to use them.
Its the whole moving thing that has my shorts in a wad. It seems ya just start setting down roots, then the tornado rips them up.
I have little to complain about, no one is going hungry, this could even be a good thing. Who knows, my wife wanted to go back home, to that swampy bottom land since I married her, Yea, I married one of them kajuin queens . There is no way to tell how things are going to work out, but I will be doing many trips from Amarillo to Lafayette and back, in the near future. I will watch the post and try to make any event that I can.
I may soon own a house in La, but when the official address change comes I am officially moving to Hedley Texas. I own a house there.
Some things matter, that really don't matter. I refuse to quit living in Texas. I refuse to have my family separated longer than necessary, that matters.
I hope to meet some of my southern X rider family soon. Being from up here in the panhandle it's a long way to any where. The stars. the weather, the luck, all have to go right for me to take off on the bike. The only trip I had a advantage on was the Dinver ride in July, about the same as BBT for me, as far as miles go.
I am now Mr Mom, not a thing that I am good at, or comfortable with, it is, how it is. The railroad retired me, so I am at home with 2 kids, 4 dogs, a wife in another state, and the old WTF just happened factor is high. Ya roll with the punches, but like so many these days I was caught totally off guard for this one. We are going to be fine when the dust clears.

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
Re: Do I still belong here? Eh I suppose so.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 10:12:26 PM »

Good outlook bro!  Holler at me if I can make it up to help...   :c

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 10:54:02 PM »

Good Luck..............

After you get the Mr Mom down things will go smoother........:) It does get easier.

Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 11:36:28 PM »

Thanks Murry, if the dust clears in time, I may just need your help, going to the Mobeetie blue grass shindig. :violin: :c :bikerider: :notworthy:
Been a while since I did the Mr mom thing. I need to make a chicken costume for a 1st grade school play.
The horror, the horror.  :ohwow: :ohwow: :ohwow:  :popcorn:

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 06:39:03 AM »

LOTS A GOOD EATIN' IN SOUTHERN LOUISIANA,  yes you do belong here and H Town is just down the road. Good Luck Man
It's all just part of the adventure!

rbljack

• Tejano
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 03:25:03 AM »

Good luck tomcat. I've been away from the site for a while myself. Hope everything works out for the best!
2002 VTX 1800 C model, Illusion Blue

TxX

• Trailer Queen
  • Dalhart Closer To 6 Other State Captials < Austin
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 12:18:26 PM »

Just when I was planning a valve adjust, I lose your expertise!!!!!
"03 1800 C Illusion Blue, MS Fats, Blue Tornado,
Vtxexhaust.com shorty, MC Highway pegs

"If rattlesnake taste like chicken, what does chicken taste like"

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 08:40:14 AM »

I'm not gone yet. I may not go, at all. It's still a matter of damage control, and the ever changing mind, of my Cajun queen. In any event, that goes down, I will be around long enough to help with a valve adjustment. I sure would hate to miss out on a chance to see the sights in beautiful Dalhart one more time. Let me know when you are ready. 

A.M.S. Medic

• Tejano
  • Amarillo, Tx.
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 04:07:13 PM »

I think you'd look good in an apron!!!!!  Maybe wear some pearls like June Cleaver for when your wife comes home from work. :t :t :t :t
Paramedic Rules to live by: All bleeding eventually stops.  All people eventually die.  If you drop the baby, PICK IT UP!!!!

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 08:12:00 PM »

Dang Medic, that somehow gave me an image of Cat greeting the little lady wearing nothing but Saran Wrap!! :ohwow:  June was HOT!!
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 12:09:10 PM »

I think you'd look good in an apron!!!!!  Maybe wear some pearls like June Cleaver for when your wife comes home from work. :t :t :t :t
JOE>>>>JOE>>>>JOE!!!!!  Good to see you post, and I think you owe us an update!!!!  I had back surgery on April 15th and have been grounded for a while!!! Looking froward to ridding again, eventhough I have cheated a little bit....   POST UP JOE!!!!  RIDE SAFE RIDE LONG     Are you going to Co. this year on that new bike????:thumbup: :thumbup: :bikerider: :deadhorse: I still like icons
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 01:59:38 AM »

News flash :ohwow: :ohwow: :ohwow:, The wife took a long holiday and came home. She's a planner, had so many ideas about where to go from hea! that I just can' t get a grip on it all. I'm going to enjoy what time I can, but to say what I'm going to do tomorrow, in the longer than a week or two way, is any one's guess.
I'm not a believer in much, but when my wife's job got cut and the only place she could go was to La. to hold her job, and while I was digesting that, she got a random miss call from the Lake Charles Pizza hut. I took it, she was meant to go there. She  has that Cajun Queen thing happening, and I don't pretend to understand. The things happening in my life now are on the scale to cause me to wonder what is next.
Still no real reason to gripe or complain, no meals missed, The hugs and kisses, value went off the scale.  Tomorrow she goes back.
I have no clue as to what tomorrow, has in store, but I can say I got my spurs on, and I'm gonna ride till I get thrown, or the buzzer goes off.
We are much confused, about what is going on in our lives. Like most of this great nation. Its not all good, its not all bad, it's part planing, and part dealing with what you could never plan for.
She is the tip of the spear, The cutting edge, I was there for so long, but my plans worked, to get us to where we are. I don't have any of this 6th since stuff, to deal with, She does.
I am proud to say, I got me a educated, Cajun Queen, with all the problems, and joys that, that involves. I would not wish it on my worst enemy, but I would not give it up for all the riches of the world.
I am a confused, but lucky man.             

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2009, 04:25:37 AM »

Thanks Murry, if the dust clears in time, I may just need your help, going to the Mobeetie blue grCranberries shindig. :violin: :c :bikerider: :notworthy:
Been a while since I did the Mr mom thing. I need to make a chicken costume for a 1st grade school play.
The horror, the horror.  :ohwow: :ohwow: :ohwow:  :popcorn:
I think someone needs to tweak the "editor" thingy...that's ridiculous.  ::) :o  ???   :o  :P  ::)
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2009, 08:41:39 PM »

What did Murry do??? Hang in there tomcat. There you are! Ride safe ride long.  Ride by here.
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

A.M.S. Medic

• Tejano
  • Amarillo, Tx.
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2009, 09:10:58 PM »

JOE>>>>JOE>>>>JOE!!!!!  Good to see you post, and I think you owe us an update!!!!  I had back surgery on April 15th and have been grounded for a while!!! Looking froward to ridding again, eventhough I have cheated a little bit....   POST UP JOE!!!!  RIDE SAFE RIDE LONG     Are you going to Co. this year on that new bike????:thumbup: :thumbup: :bikerider: :deadhorse: I still like icons

Well, my plans are to be there again. (haven't missed one) AND my plans are to have a bike by then. The delima: What do I buy? My wife wants a real touring bike. Since Honda has not given me a a 'cruiser touring' bike like HD, Victory, Yamaha, and even now Kawasaki (namely a real VTX Touring bike) I am stuck at either the HD Ultra Classic, Gold Wing ( which I really don't like the seated position) Yamaha or Kawasaki. I am not going to look at Victory until they get the bugs worked out on the Vision.  I would REALLY like to have another VTX 1800 set up like my previous bike. Dee Dee says she wants a Wing or Ultra Classic.  SUN in Denver can work me a deal on either Honda, HD, or Kawasaki.  I just don't know what to do.............................

So, I'll see ya there, hopefully on a bike this time. BUT I don't know yet what I'll have.

Hope your back is doing good. You had problems in Colorado last year, if I remember. Hang in there and keep your finger out of your nose..............................................
Paramedic Rules to live by: All bleeding eventually stops.  All people eventually die.  If you drop the baby, PICK IT UP!!!!
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal