Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: DFW Meet & Greet 3/9 - Old Town Flying Pig Bar/Grill - Lewisville  (Read 4965 times)

da032

• Old Timer
  • McKinney, TX
Re: DFW Meet & Greet 3/9 - Old Town Flying Pig Bar/Grill - Lewisville
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2008, 09:41:04 AM »

I'm gonna try to make this one    never been the the PIG     Hey DA  you can ride my X if yours is un-assembled still and you want to go.

Thanks, Kirk!  But I think you had a typo.  Didn't you mean I could ride the RUNE! ::)

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2008, 12:23:37 PM »

I'm gonna try to make this one    never been the the PIG     Hey DA  you can ride my X if yours is un-assembled still and you want to go.

Thanks, Kirk!  But I think you had a typo.  Didn't you mean I could ride the RUNE! ::)

;D ;D ;D  Oh, I think he was plenty clear with what he typed, DA...   ;D ;D ;D 

that Rune is a like a piece of bubble gum in Elementary School.  You better have enough for everyone to enjoy.   ;D

Sorry we are going to miss the M&G.  Ya'll be safe!

gsboriqua

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2008, 01:21:39 PM »

The weather is supposed to be nice on Sunday but I just order some chrome goodies from Handler and if they get here by Friday the bike might not be back together by then.  But I am going to try to make this one!

Mo chrome?!  What goodies you got coming in??

Phattened up by www.stumpwerx.com
Custom work by www.cat5customs.com

Christbiker

• Tejano
  • '04 RUNE
    • http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotimetempbig_both/US/TX/McKinney.gif[/img]
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2008, 02:47:46 PM »

Man everyone believing our Brother DA?  I've been taken advantage of before but Dude, my feelings are hurt.  The "try and do a nice deed for a fellow biker" stream has just gone dry.

RUNE?  you want to ride my WHAT?    I know where you live   LOCK your doors and do not leave your house tonight    OR ELSE.

hope you get the bike back together for Sunday.
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff309/Christbiker_bucket_
BLESSINGS                                                     let the music play the band

1golffreak

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2008, 09:37:37 PM »

Newby here!   I will try to make this ride Sunday to meet everyone.  I am trying to determine what seat, Mustang or Ultimate, I want to buy for my 1300C.  I have read all the threads and I know it is all in the "FEEL" of my butt in the saddle.  Also, I would like to hear the different exhaust system on the 1300 C's. 

Ride Safe!

1golffreak

da032

• Old Timer
  • McKinney, TX
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2008, 11:08:14 AM »

The weather is supposed to be nice on Sunday but I just order some chrome goodies from Handler and if they get here by Friday the bike might not be back together by then.  But I am going to try to make this one!

Mo chrome?!  What goodies you got coming in??

Front Wheel, Spacers, Forks Lowers, and polished rotors.  Plus Stump is working on something for me too!  But nothing as of this morning :'(
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 11:13:42 AM by da032 »

da032

• Old Timer
  • McKinney, TX
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2008, 11:11:27 AM »

Man everyone believing our Brother DA?  I've been taken advantage of before but Dude, my feelings are hurt.  The "try and do a nice deed for a fellow biker" stream has just gone dry.

RUNE?  you want to ride my WHAT?    I know where you live   LOCK your doors and do not leave your house tonight    OR ELSE.

hope you get the bike back together for Sunday.

;D ;D ;D

da032

• Old Timer
  • McKinney, TX
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2008, 04:24:38 PM »

2pm

tejasx

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2008, 05:42:01 PM »

Why does somebody pick these good places on weekends I have to work??  :( :(

Know what you mean Al, while I appreciate the efforts of jimmy4 to jump start our M&G, we need to schedule our own places and times.  I think we can better serve our needs if someone locally schedules these. 

You all picked these places and agreed on the time/day.  Without someone actively picking a location and time the meets just won't happen.  I guarantee that.

The idea was the local contact to take over at some point anyway, so there doesn't look like a better time then now.  Since Tejas appears to have volunteered (unless Iceman wants it), then 3/9 will be the last M&G I plan.

Let me know who wants the list of restaurants unless you want to start over.

I was just posting a point, that we appreciate your efforts to help out, but we have done our own M&G's and dinner runs in the past of which I scheduled many of them as many others have and I don't mind doing so again.  This has been a slow time with the weather and the winter blues have held us back some.  We don't have the coastal climate as some, lol. When the weather was better, we had quiet a few meets and rides going on.  You did a good thing about spiking the interest and everyone here appreciates the help, but I feel this area is best served by those in the area.  I believe this all started with you posting a poll on meeting places and many responded.  I think your original interest was to jumpstart the meets and it is time for us to do our own.  Again, don't take this as not appreciating the help, but how can someone in Houston know when and where is the best places for us to meet?  If there is a large group expected, we need to contact the place ahead of time and make sure they can accomodate our group, which is hard to do from long distance.  You did a great job of getting the interest up and we can carry on with what you started, thanks for the help and if I ever get to meet up with you, let me buy you a cold one.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 05:58:58 AM by tejasx »

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2008, 05:47:56 AM »

Y'all have fun!  I'll miss ya the next couple weeks.  Take care, ride safe and all that.  :)
My now long gone VTX...

Christbiker

• Tejano
  • '04 RUNE
    • http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotimetempbig_both/US/TX/McKinney.gif[/img]
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2008, 08:24:53 AM »

DA, and anyone else,  I'll be leaving from my house at 1:15 if you want to ride over to The Pig together.
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff309/Christbiker_bucket_
BLESSINGS                                                     let the music play the band

da032

• Old Timer
  • McKinney, TX
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2008, 08:30:53 AM »

DA, and anyone else,  I'll be leaving from my house at 1:15 if you want to ride over to The Pig together.

Thanks, Kirk.  But I have to go to Addison and pick up my girlfriend.  I'll see you there!

da032

• Old Timer
  • McKinney, TX
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2008, 10:08:34 AM »

Change of plans.  Kirk I'll meet you at your house around 1 pm

VTX DUST

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2008, 04:04:07 PM »

Why does somebody pick these good places on weekends I have to work??  :( :(

Know what you mean Al, while I appreciate the efforts of jimmy4 to jump start our M&G, we need to schedule our own places and times.  I think we can better serve our needs if someone locally schedules these. 

You all picked these places and agreed on the time/day.  Without someone actively picking a location and time the meets just won't happen.  I guarantee that.

The idea was the local contact to take over at some point anyway, so there doesn't look like a better time then now.  Since Tejas appears to have volunteered (unless Iceman wants it), then 3/9 will be the last M&G I plan.

Let me know who wants the list of restaurants unless you want to start over.

I was just posting a point, that we appreciate your efforts to help out, but we have done our own M&G's and dinner runs in the past of which I scheduled many of them as many others have and I don't mind doing so again.  This has been a slow time with the weather and the winter blues have held us back some.  We don't have the coastal climate as some, lol. When the weather was better, we had quiet a few meets and rides going on.  You did a good thing about spiking the interest and everyone here appreciates the help, but I feel this area is best served by those in the area.  I believe this all started with you posting a poll on meeting places and many responded.  I think your original interest was to jumpstart the meets and it is time for us to do our own.  Again, don't take this as not appreciating the help, but how can someone in Houston know when and where is the best places for us to meet?  If there is a large group expected, we need to contact the place ahead of time and make sure they can accomodate our group, which is hard to do from long distance.  You did a great job of getting the interest up and we can carry on with what you started, thanks for the help and if I ever get to meet up with you, let me buy you a cold one.

I for one asked him to jumpstart our Meets & Greets because no one was doing anything.  I was relatively new to the board and was tired of watching the Houston Meet & Greet section thrive while Dallas/Ft. Worth sat by and did nothing.  If he had not jump-started our M & G's we would still be sitting here!  Run with the ball playa......
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal