Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lucky and Lucky's Lover in the Hill Country  (Read 655 times)

Niterider

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Houston, TX
Lucky and Lucky's Lover in the Hill Country
« on: May 25, 2015, 01:59:04 PM »

After watching the national news today and hearing about all the flooding in the Hill Country, particularly around Wimberly and San Marcos, I called Connie to make sure that she and Wayne are alright. They have been staying in the vicinity Canyon Lake in their RV. They've witnessed a lot of high water but, thank goodness, are located in an area where they are out of danger.

Mike
White '08 GL1800 with ABS, Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package
Black '03 1800C;  retro bars, RIVCO risers, BBP lightbar, mustang seat, Paladin backrest/luggage rack, etc.
White '06 GL1800 with Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package

SteveS

• Regular Advanced
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2006 VTX 1300R,2005 GL 1800,2013 Goldwing Trike
Re: Lucky and Lucky's Lover in the Hill Country
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 03:09:35 PM »

That's good to know thanks

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 09:15:40 AM »

Thanks Mike for checking on us.  The internet has been iffy around here and I haven't been on the computer much.  Yes, we are still high and dry altho Canyon Lake is still rising and backing up in the field behind us.  It is not going to be an issue for us unless we see Noah working on some new construction.

I know that Paul and Ruthie came closer to high water then we did when they were in Bandera this weekend.  They were evacuated out of Pioneer RV park and have been fine.  It was not a good vacation weekend for sure.  Hopefully the rain will slack off and let the ground catch up.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 09:41:49 AM »

Libby and I were thinking of ya'll.  My friends cabins in Wimberly were taken out and made national news footage.  We used to hang out in those cabins by the river during my time at SWT in San Marcos.  I'm glad you are safe.  I guess when I look for land in the Hill Country to retire in...it's going to be one of the high place.
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 10:37:12 AM »

Good to know all is well............
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 01:07:07 PM »

I know that Paul and Ruthie came closer to high water then we did when they were in Bandera this weekend.  They were evacuated out of Pioneer RV park and have been fine.  It was not a good vacation weekend for sure.  Hopefully the rain will slack off and let the ground catch up.

Yeah it was a complete wash out.  We were located on the top level nearest the train caboose. For those not familiar with the position of the RV spots the upper level is at the same height of the parking lot nearest the rec hall and rec hall itself (what we used for our BBT dinner and bike show).  The high level got about 1 foot of water, but the two lower levels which are about 5-6' drops respectively where completely engulfed. In the pictures below the river actually runs behind that tree line, so you can see how much water was flowing. about 5 minutes after these pictures we were told to evacuate the upper level.  Ruthy and I were out in 25 minutes and she was a great help while I got everything hooked up.  I would say before midnight the water was already up to that level we were parked.  There was about 5 rigs left behind but don't seem to have been moved which makes me think only about a foot of water passed thru there but you can tell in the other picture the debris that's piled up.  

The picture taken from the cab of the truck was the following morning but that bridge on 173 had water running over it.

We heeded the warning and were very fortunate to get out safely.  I haven't heard of any loss of life from the Bandera area but the poor people of Wimberley are definitely suffering. 
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 01:10:31 PM by matap »
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Mulla

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 10:21:43 PM »

Wow, we are praying for you guys!  Hope everyone is Safe and Sound, High and Dry!

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal