Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Bluebonnet Thunder 2014  (Read 8077 times)

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
Re: Bluebonnet Thunder 2014
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2013, 07:42:21 AM »

As a suggestion for future locations.  This is an idea used from another forum in which I recently attended a National Rally....this past national rally was the 3rd annual.  The first was in Lynchburg, TN, they then pitched various locations, and voted on Peoria, IL for the second one, then pitched locations and St. George, Utah got the pick for the 3rd one.  At this rally various locations were pitched, including Texas (I pitched) and lost vote by 2 to Bethel, Maine.  Only those in attendance voted for the next location.  Each person that pitched would serve as the host and with a team assembled, would organize everything. 

Of course we aren't doing something as big as a national rally and we don't have to exactly copy that method, but having someone that knows the area will guarantee we get some good riding in and spend less time figuring out what to ride. 

So with that said, IMHO, the best way to change up the locations of BBT in the future is to have a 'Host'.  Someone that is familiar with the area.  i.e. lodging, camping, restaurants (no chains), routes for guided rides 

Obviously, the hill country is a favorite because within our group someone knows there way quite well.  We know all the places to eat and hang out, plus maybe some indy shops for breakdowns or what not. 

I like the idea of moving it, there is places in Texas I haven't seen yet and wouldn't mind spending it riding with some fellow X Riders.     
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2013, 09:59:15 AM »

I agree that we have to get back to making this about the ride and I have some great ideas to do this. Also Hobo has made the suggestion that we move it in the future to different parts of the state. I think that's a great idea. We need to have a great BBT this next year to get interest back. I think Bandera would be great or the Kyote Ranch would be great as well.Again great RV spots great tent camping spots, very cool cabins with a bar and store on site. Either of these spots could be a great place to meet up and it would not cost the TXR much money. I have stayed at all of the spots that I mentioned so I kinda know the area. The one person that knows it even better than me is Hobo. What say you Hobo?

I've always thought that moving BBT to different parts of the state would more thoroughly represent our membership, but I also think that the hill country offers the best riding in the state. Thus having it in the hill country every 3rd year or so would keep up tradition as well as insure we don't get burned out on doing the same thing year after year.

I love Bandera and think it would be an excellent place to have the BBT. As Gary mentioned there are many places to stay that are within walking distance from the town and it's many shops and honky tonks. That's why my family has had reunions there for the past 12 years or so.  :c :lunch: :c :lunch: :thumbup:

I'm not sure what it would take to do it, but there's a city park across the street from the cabins and RV park that would make a good place for the Saturday night meeting.

Along with the rest of the hill country, it is very prone to inclement weather in the spring. I've always tried to plan my rides there no earlier than May. It's also a very popular town during the many rallies taking place that time of year. The Pioneer RV park at the end of town is excellent and affordable. Across the street there are 10 or 11 cabins that fill up so fast I always make sure I reserve one months in advance. The cabins run from $80-100 but all have several beds and can be shared to keep things affordable. There are other places to stay but they all fill up quickly when there's something going on. Great care would have to be taken to find a time in the spring when we could be comfortable knowing everyone would have a place to stay.
If I'm going there in the fall, I try to go before November. There's a LOT of shooting going on around that time and the deer have a tendency to move around a lot.  :ohwow:

My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

Bobcat Biker

• Board
  • Master Tejano Rider
  • Let's ride...wherever...whenever
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2013, 10:33:58 AM »

I also like the idea of moving it around the state.  I've been to all areas of the state, just not on a bike.
I also agree with the weather.  April is iffy ...May is less so.  And I like the idea of more Meet and Greets and Fall Rides leading up to the BBT.
06 VTX 1300R  (sold 10/18/14)
07 VTX 1800R (sold 2/21)
21 Goldwing DCT "Elsa"

Texan... Born and Raised..

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2013, 10:44:32 AM »

It is Bluebonnet Thunder and the hill country is pretty much central to all of Texas, if your sole purpose is to see sprawling fields of blooming bluebonnets, the Texas Hill Country is the place to be. In addition to having wild fields of the Texas state flower, there are a number of farms in the region. Additionally, towns such as Fredericksburg, Wimberley, Kerrville, Burnet, Marble Falls, Llano, and Kingsland all have bluebonnet festivals or trails during the spring.

We certainly can have other events that move around Texas -- I think BBT should alway be where the bluebonnets are.  ;D :popcorn:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2013, 03:26:01 PM »

It is Bluebonnet Thunder and the hill country is pretty much central to all of Texas, if your sole purpose is to see sprawling fields of blooming bluebonnets, the Texas Hill Country is the place to be. In addition to having wild fields of the Texas state flower, there are a number of farms in the region. Additionally, towns such as Fredericksburg, Wimberley, Kerrville, Burnet, Marble Falls, Llano, and Kingsland all have bluebonnet festivals or trails during the spring.

We certainly can have other events that move around Texas -- I think BBT should alway be where the bluebonnets are.  ;D :popcorn:
Amen!  :thumbup:
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Txcajun

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2013, 04:05:50 PM »

There is not another area with quite as much to offer as the Hill Country. Especially within the riding distance.
Les Coullion Coup d'e'tat peux Embrasse Moi Tchew!              03 1800 retro TRAILER QUEEN EXTRORDINAIRE "SMELL THE BUMPER"

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2013, 04:52:16 PM »

Great Idea Paul! :thumbup:
It's all just part of the adventure!

jerry k

• Trailer Queen
  • 2006 VTX1800F
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2013, 07:51:47 PM »

Sounds like a goog time.

seefriedm

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2013, 07:42:51 AM »

So I had to re-read this last page a couple of times. We are or aren't staying in Fredericksburg for BBT next year?   :popcorn:

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2013, 08:55:56 AM »

Nothing says we are locked into Fredericksburg, it is our call where it is held.
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Txcajun

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2013, 12:02:49 PM »

Lady Bird is not reserved for this year. As of now, there is not a location.
Les Coullion Coup d'e'tat peux Embrasse Moi Tchew!              03 1800 retro TRAILER QUEEN EXTRORDINAIRE "SMELL THE BUMPER"

Drewboy22

• Master Tejano Rider
  • San Antonio, Texas
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2013, 12:40:54 PM »

There are a few of us going next month to pre-ride Bandera.  :bikerider:
Ride it like you Borrowed it :)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2013, 04:49:47 PM »

There are a few of us going next month to pre-ride Bandera.  :bikerider:
I am in on this ride  :thumbup:

Drewboy22

• Master Tejano Rider
  • San Antonio, Texas
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2013, 01:52:25 PM »

Alright October 19-20 it is.  We'll make another thread on meetup times and places to scope out.  We should probably in that thread make a list of at least 3 potential places that could host us. 

Are we still planning on the 19-20th  :bikerider:?  Also, about how many people usually show up for BBT?

Drewboy22

• Master Tejano Rider
  • San Antonio, Texas
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2013, 02:21:14 PM »

Also, wanted to throw a few more places out to check:

Koyote Ranch Resort is in Medina, Texas <---  this one has cabins, RV, tent seems to be a great fit for what we need. www.koyoteranch.com
&
Cowboy Capital Campground in PipeCreek, Texas <--- No cabins but has the rest http://www.cowboycapitalrv.com

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal