VTX Related Rides > West Texas

Do I still belong here? Eh I suppose so.

(1/5) > >>

tom cat:
First let me apologize to all my friends that I missed a this years BBT.  As usual, my world went crazy about that time.
I'm glad Kenny &  Snake are back on, posting again, Keep us up dated more often, on how you are doing.
My world went rocking when the telephone rang around midnight. Not a good thing for most of us, at my house it's usually the railroad calling my wife in to work. This time it was, the railroad, calling to say her job had just been cut from the budget. A common occurrence in today's business economy. Not the midnight part. On the railroad you are management or, you are union, no choice about that, it is, how it is. So off she goes to Lafayette La, where she can hold a job in her field. Yea, I guess me, and the kids, and dogs, will be moving down that way. We will most likely be selling our home in Amarillo.
My father in law, at our wedding, told me it's the wife's responsibility to keep beer in the cooler, and gas in the boat. I hold her to it. I loved my father in law. I have 4 boats rotting in my yard. I may, now get to use them.
Its the whole moving thing that has my shorts in a wad. It seems ya just start setting down roots, then the tornado rips them up.
I have little to complain about, no one is going hungry, this could even be a good thing. Who knows, my wife wanted to go back home, to that swampy bottom land since I married her, Yea, I married one of them kajuin queens . There is no way to tell how things are going to work out, but I will be doing many trips from Amarillo to Lafayette and back, in the near future. I will watch the post and try to make any event that I can.
I may soon own a house in La, but when the official address change comes I am officially moving to Hedley Texas. I own a house there.
Some things matter, that really don't matter. I refuse to quit living in Texas. I refuse to have my family separated longer than necessary, that matters.
I hope to meet some of my southern X rider family soon. Being from up here in the panhandle it's a long way to any where. The stars. the weather, the luck, all have to go right for me to take off on the bike. The only trip I had a advantage on was the Dinver ride in July, about the same as BBT for me, as far as miles go.
I am now Mr Mom, not a thing that I am good at, or comfortable with, it is, how it is. The railroad retired me, so I am at home with 2 kids, 4 dogs, a wife in another state, and the old WTF just happened factor is high. Ya roll with the punches, but like so many these days I was caught totally off guard for this one. We are going to be fine when the dust clears.

murray_61:
Good outlook bro!  Holler at me if I can make it up to help...   :c

VTXLady53:
Good Luck..............

After you get the Mr Mom down things will go smoother........:) It does get easier.

tom cat:
Thanks Murry, if the dust clears in time, I may just need your help, going to the Mobeetie blue grass shindig. :violin: :c :bikerider: :notworthy:
Been a while since I did the Mr mom thing. I need to make a chicken costume for a 1st grade school play.
The horror, the horror.  :ohwow: :ohwow: :ohwow:  :popcorn:

xcaliber:
LOTS A GOOD EATIN' IN SOUTHERN LOUISIANA,  yes you do belong here and H Town is just down the road. Good Luck Man

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version