Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The X while on Leave  (Read 1165 times)

DarwinVTX

• Rider
The X while on Leave
« on: June 25, 2008, 04:44:08 PM »

Well i guess i would finally tell the story of my first Ride on The VTX back in April...

Leave started kinda slow... i arrived at the Airport a few hours earlier than originally expected so i had to wait about an hour for my dad to show up and take me back... well when i finally got back my dad did not pull in Fully into the Drive way a good sign... getting out of the Car i looked up and there she was... the first time i was able to see the piece of beauty...(which my dad had taken the time to Clean and make it shine all perdy and stuff for me) i was sitting on it before my dad could even get out of the car... still in uniform i was already askin my dad what he was going to ride... Doggin on him trying to find out if he was goin to ride his 82 wing or my 96 Shadow... well at that point he chuckled at me "No... i am going to ride this" with that he pulled the Cover off of his 07 Honda VTX 1800N Spec Three Black Cherry with the Red pinstripe decals... (Two years newer and an spec higher than mine... he doesnt like being out done by his boy :D lol )
at that point i nearly shat myself... as he explained how and why he bought the bike...

a bit of some back ground on my dad...
He has more than once saved me... he has always placed his family first and done everything in his power (and sometimes things outside his power) to make sure everything was right... well 4 days proir to my coming home Al Lambs was having a sell my mom wanted to go look... my dad taking half a day off and not feeling good didnt want to...
Mom " I wanna go look"
Dad "I dont feel good and i dont want to tease myself"
Mom "well i wanna go look"
Dad "Not today"
Mom "I Want To Go... We are Going"
Dad " Yes Ma'am"
and so they went and started looking well when the Dealer rep guy came to ask if they needed help my dad said no they where just looking... where as my mom had other plans... "We are buying you can run his credit"...
and thats how he got his bike...

oh yea back to the original story

well after taking time to change out of my Uniform and letting my dad have a chance to eat lunch it was time to ride...
we went out riding for hours putting around stopping here and there... talking... enjoying the time being spent with my dad... it was a Beautiful Day too... just perfect. we got home from riding and went right back out on the bikes for dinner... 
the next day consisted of the same thing... just riding around enjoying the company of my Mom and Dad
you know there are tons of beautiful roads out within 20 miles of ceder creek lake...
well after that it was time for me to go into dallas... i spent the next few days riding daily... most of the time with no particular place to go... just riding...
then i went to Vegas for a week... (almost rented a bike i wanted to ride that bad)
a few days after returning from Vegas my mom, dad and i took the what took like 5 hour ride to my grandmothers house in east texas...it was a beautiful ride taking 80 almost all way there... we ran into a patch of rain and shortly after decided to stop and get lunch at a wendys... which almost caused my dad to loose more hair...all in all it was was another lovely ride... nothing could have been better... not funner for that matter... after spending three days at my Grand mothers we made the trip back looking around and just taking our time...
That night heading back into dallas i ended up running over a dog.. on the X... scared the AppleSauce out of me but there was little i could have done for or to avoid it... i feel bad about it but i didnt have any options open to me accept hold on and pray it didnt wreck me...
the day before i had to go back to afghanistan i had the worse ride of my life... After a few days of rain the bugs come out to play in at 9 O'clock.... i had forgotten about this as i took a back road back to my dads house... yea... due to the fact that i dont ride with any type of shield... i just ended up becomeing a grave yard of bugs... enough dead bugs that you could hardly see the Leather of my jacket ( yea thats a bit of an exageration but all the same... )

but in the end i wouldnt trade it for anything...

D

Oh i have pics of us riding... but Photobucket is blocked on Military networks so i can post them
-Darwin-

~~Carpe Noctem~~

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
Re: The X while on Leave
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 04:53:24 PM »

Nice O0 Stay safe
It's all just part of the adventure!

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 04:57:54 PM »

Sweet!!!  You deserve it!   O0  Thanks for all that you do.

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 07:26:50 PM »

I'm glad you and your dad got to spend that much quality time together and had a GREAT time.  O0 O0
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 08:34:55 PM »

That's the kind of story that should show up in Ride Texas.

Thank you for being there for us!!
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

angelannie

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 05:55:31 AM »

Great story - sounds like you had a fun leave!

Thanks for your dedication to serving our great country!

AngelAnnie

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 06:38:54 AM »

Welcome home, and thank you for everything you do for this country!  Because of you (and many, many others), we have the ability to enjoy the "back roads"!  8)  Great story!

DarwinVTX

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 02:14:06 PM »

not home yet... i have around 3 weeks left in Afghanistan... and about 5 to 6 weeks untill my X makes it to Germany... and then i will be posting pictures of europe on a weekly basis
-Darwin-

~~Carpe Noctem~~

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 03:15:28 PM »

not home yet... i have around 3 weeks left in Afghanistan... and about 5 to 6 weeks untill my X makes it to Germany... and then i will be posting pictures of europe on a weekly basis

Cool. Stay safe.

Warren

Niterider

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Houston, TX
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 05:25:38 PM »

Great story.  I'll bet your X will really love the autobahn!

Stay safe, man, and thanks for your service.

Mike
White '08 GL1800 with ABS, Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package
Black '03 1800C;  retro bars, RIVCO risers, BBP lightbar, mustang seat, Paladin backrest/luggage rack, etc.
White '06 GL1800 with Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal