Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Meet and Greets  (Read 10802 times)

Snake Doc

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • San Antonio
Re: Meet and Greets
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2008, 09:04:10 PM »

Summer of '06 we would meet at Specht's on Wednesday nights for food and fellowship.
My three favorite boxers:
1905-1974 James J. "Cinderella Man" Braddock
2006 Goldwing Nav
2020 Subaru Forester Touring

GregC

• Old Timer
  • San Antonio
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2008, 10:01:37 PM »

You are correct JMDanial, I was referring to San Antonio.  I guess what comes out in type isn't always what the brain is saying.

I work in the aviation field and my work schedule is pretty crazy but this Sunday seems to be open.  I would like to get together if anyone is available.  I'll get my wife to come on her Aero and I have one other Xer I'll try to bring.  Lets set a time and place, get some chow and visit. 
Most people's heads grow right along with their salaries.

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2008, 11:16:25 PM »

We've had several M&G's over the last few years. We've gone to Spechts, Tom's Ribs, a BBQ place close to Canyon Lake, and a mexican restaurant off 1604.

There were only a few of us that met, and if 1 or 2 didn't make it, sometimes there was only 1. (disheartning  :() It was difficult to get every one on the same page.

Wed. night might be a good night.....it is for me. No Tues or Thurs.

If you're serious...just name a place and a time for people to show up. Those that do...take a census, and plan the next one.

My .02's
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

Snake Doc

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • San Antonio
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2008, 04:51:44 AM »

We've had several M&G's over the last few years. We've gone to Spechts, Tom's Ribs, a BBQ place close to Canyon Lake, and a mexican restaurant off 1604.

There were only a few of us that met, and if 1 or 2 didn't make it, sometimes there was only 1. (disheartning  :() It was difficult to get every one on the same page.

Wed. night might be a good night.....it is for me. No Tues or Thurs.

If you're serious...just name a place and a time for people to show up. Those that do...take a census, and plan the next one.

My .02's

Ditto what RD said.  Pick a day, place and time and post it.  Then be there and look around and see else who shows up. 
My three favorite boxers:
1905-1974 James J. "Cinderella Man" Braddock
2006 Goldwing Nav
2020 Subaru Forester Touring

Jason G.

• Rider
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2008, 06:51:04 AM »

Sounds good to me guys...Wednesday or Thursday (preferably Thursday)..and Sunday sound good. I have 3 riders plus myself that can attend...Lets set a day, time and place and prove jmdaniel wrong!!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 06:54:46 AM by Jason G. »
MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON MY ENEMIES...FOR I AS HELL WON'T

JGomez55

• Old Timer
  • Lovin Life....!
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2008, 07:04:44 AM »

Sunday is good for me....we can plan then more details on the official day of the week for bike night which by the looks of it would be Wednesday.

I'm thinking let's pick out 4 good spots and alternate every week to get variety. I am recently new to the area and only know locations around the NB area like Bubbas deck house, Iron horse bar and grill, Tj's burger btu that would be to close of a ride for some.

Where is Spechts located?
Joe Cool...8)

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2008, 07:05:33 AM »

Sounds good to me guys...Wednesday or Thursday (preferably Thursday)..and Sunday sound good. I have 3 riders plus myself that can attend...Lets set a day, time and place and prove jmdaniel wrong!!

;D ;D You're not proving me wrong, I was just commenting on the reality of the last few years, as your fellow SA riders would agree. Good luck, and if you name a place sometime that is somewhere between SA and Austin, I'm sure a few of us from the Capitol city would show up.   O0
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Jason G.

• Rider
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2008, 07:13:44 AM »

Just Joking with ya jm..I am looking foeward to meeting with you one of these days... Jgomez...Wednesday sounds good...If it's good with everyone else...What are we talking here...Tonight, or June 25th?

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2008, 07:32:25 AM »

Can't count on me tonight....Taking the bride out on the town, and already have the $$$ invested.
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

Stormy

• Old Timer
  • New Braunfels,Tx.
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2008, 07:35:21 AM »

ANYTIME ANYWHERE. If the guys in NB wanted to meet this evening to discuss this I might be able to make it to TJ's,Bubba's, Buffalo wings and rings,or any other location of choice.

Jeff,been thinking about a meet and greet place for the Austin/San Antonio meet and greets maybe once a month or every two monthes. They just opened a Bikini's Bar and Grill in San Marcos and they have a bike night on Wed. nights. This is about halfway for both. .02
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 08:17:29 AM by Stormy »

Jason G.

• Rider
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2008, 08:05:07 AM »

Can't count on me tonight....Taking the bride out on the town, and already have the $$$ invested.

How's Thursday look for you??

Here's the link to Specht's

http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=19294335
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 08:12:53 AM by Jason G. »

GregC

• Old Timer
  • San Antonio
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2008, 08:26:41 AM »

Sounds like progress to me.  Wife and I can make it tonight if it's not to late.  Shes not been riding to long and isn't real comfortable riding at night yet but we will make it work whatever time.  Maybe for tonight to try and accomadate the NB area and the South side of SA lets go for Rudy's BBQ on I35 N next to the Yamaha dealership.  Shoot me back a time and if the locations not suitable just give me a place.
Hopefully tonight we can set something up for Sunday.  Work is getting in my way for Saturday. 

Jason G.

• Rider
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2008, 08:33:31 AM »

I'm game for Rudy's tonight if everyone else is...We'll set the plans for Sunday..

GregC

• Old Timer
  • San Antonio
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2008, 09:40:35 AM »

OK Jason. Thats 2 of us.  Hope some more jump in.  Whats a good time for ya?  This will be my first get together so I'm not sure what would be the norm.  I'm free from 5pm to whatever.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2008, 09:54:06 AM »

Jeff,been thinking about a meet and greet place for the Austin/San Antonio meet and greets maybe once a month or every two monthes. They just opened a Bikini's Bar and Grill in San Marcos and they have a bike night on Wed. nights. This is about halfway for both. .02

Damn, I would hate for Brock to win.....  :o ;D ;D :D ;)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal