Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A COWBOY NAMED BUD  (Read 667 times)

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
A COWBOY NAMED BUD
« on: January 11, 2008, 01:30:37 PM »

A cowboy named Bud was overseeing his herd in a remote mountainous pasturein California when suddenly a brand-new BMW advanced out of a dust cloudtowards him.   The driver, a young man in a Brioni suit, Gucci shoes, RayBan sunglasses andYSL tie, leans out the window and asks the cowboy, 'If I tell you exactlyhow many cows and calves you have in your herd, Will you give me a calf?'      Bud looks at the man, obviously a yuppie, then looks at his peacefullygrazing herd and calmly answers, 'Sure, Why not?'   The yuppie parks his car, whips out his Dell notebook computer,connects itto his Cingular RAZR V3 cell phone, and surfs to a NASA  page on theInternet, where he calls up a GPS satellite to get an exact fix on hislocation which he then feeds to another NASA satellite that scans the areain an ultra-high-resolution photo.  The young man then opens the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop and exports itto an image processing facility in Hamburg , Germany . Within seconds, he receives an email on his Palm Pilot that the image hasbeen processed and the data stored. He then accesses a MS-SQL databasethrough an ODBC connected Excel spreadsheet with email on his Blackberryand, after a few minutes, receives a response.  Finally, he prints out a full-color, 150-page report on his hi-TechMiniaturized HP LaserJet printer and finally turns to the cowboy and says,'You have exactly 1,586 cows and calves.'  'That's right. Well, I guess you can take one of my calves,' says Bud.   He watches the young man select one of the animals and looks on amused asthe young man stuffs it into the trunk of his car.     Then the Bud says to the young man, 'Hey, if I can tell you exactly whatyour business is, will you give me back my calf?'   The young man thinks about it for a second and then says, 'Okay, why not?'  'You're a Congressman for the U.S. Government', says Bud.      'Wow! That's correct,' says the yuppie, 'but how did you guess that?'    'No guessing required.' answered the cowboy. 'You showed up here even thoughnobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I already knew,to aquestion I never asked. You tried to show me how much smarter than me youare; and you don't know a thing about cows...this is a herd of sheep. . . .

Now give me back my dog.      ;D ;D 
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Kentagious

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: A COWBOY NAMED BUD
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 09:33:09 AM »

Funny O0  ;D ;D ;D
I guess it don't seem wrong if it ain't being done to you.
2015 Victory Cross Country Tour
04' VTX 1300 S

Dusty

Re: A COWBOY NAMED BUD
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 11:42:23 AM »

How true how true.  :(

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal