Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 8 Horrifying Photos of Austin's Snow Day Snowpocalypse 2014  (Read 892 times)

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
8 Horrifying Photos of Austin's Snow Day Snowpocalypse 2014
« on: January 28, 2014, 10:16:27 AM »

http://republicofaustin.com/2014/01/24/8-horrifying-photos-of-austins-snow-day-snowpocalypse-2014/

Remember the brave souls in Austin as they suffer through this catastrophe!!!
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: 8 Horrifying Photos of Austin's Snow Day Snowpocalypse 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 10:50:36 AM »

I will be heading in that dir3ction in the morning :ohwow:
Not any worst than here though ::)
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 12:27:57 PM »

That's funny, I' m in Baton Rouge and this place is a ghost town, I did see about 6 snowflakes , guess I better hunker down in my hotel for the long long winter. Both days of it.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 12:44:36 PM »

That's funny, I' m in Baton Rouge and this place is a ghost town, I did see about 6 snowflakes , guess I better hunker down in my hotel for the long long winter. Both days of it.

Just my luck I was scheduled for Baton Rouge in the morning, but have been moved to Round Rock for a few days before heading to Baton Rouge.
Maybe we can have dinner one night if your still there :lunch:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

opos04

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 07:31:55 PM »

That looks like what us N.E.Texas boys deal with every year. We look out wishing we could ride like the Southern guy's do. LOL  :violin:
2007 1800N Charcoal

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 08:19:21 PM »

Heard from a local about a boudin place here in BR. supposed to be the best in the world. Gonna try to give it a go before I leave if the ice don't stop me. Just the luck, I was just in the Austin area now I'm here. I'm either here or there all the time, let me know if they keep you close. Be sure to go by the Hot Rod coffee Trailer on Burnett road in Austin. It's owned by Silver Streak , a fellow X rider. good hot dogs and a good guy.

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 07:10:40 PM »

We're in Cocodrie.  The roads between here and home are all closed.  The water main burst yesterday morning and the whole area (I believe all the water here is piped in from Houma) has had no water since.  Every store in Cocodrie has been closed.  I did manage to catch a fish though.

We're supposed to have a hard freeze tonight and then a warming trend beginning tomorrow. We're going to try to get home tomorrow, but there are a lot of bridges between here and there. The worst of it has been east of Lafayette, and Lafayette is where we pick up IH-10. As much ice as there was on the bridges, I wouldn't have tried it in just the truck.  Don't even want to think about icy bridges hauling a fifth wheel.
02 1800C

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 07:22:50 PM »

escaped Baton Rouge by taking the old bridge across the Mississippi. Went 190 to I 49 the south to I-10 in Lafayette. From there on it was clear sailing. If you can get to Lafayette , you'll be fine.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal