Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Went down!  (Read 3051 times)

icemanhail

• Master Tejano Rider
Went down!
« on: May 01, 2008, 07:26:58 AM »

After 27years of riding dirt bikes, three wheelers, four wheelers, and street bikes, I went down.  I guess I was due.  Got a green light but a cager decided to run the light.  I had plenty of time to stop when I saw him coming but the oil on the ground thought otherwise.  Front tire went so fast I didn't know what happened and hit on the left side.  I'm okay, little rash on my left elbow and left knee and my ankle has a class 2 sprain but x-rays say it's not broken.  The bike has damage to turn signals, left forward controls, tank, grip, mirror, front windshield but no other damage.  I was pissed off at the driver for running the red light but in the end it was the oil on the road that got me.  It was pretty nasty, like a truck had leaked real bad.  Oh well, I'm lucky.

Watch yourselves out there and be safe.  So many more bikes on the road right now we have been dealing with alot of motorcycle accidents on duty.

-Iceman

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
Re: Went down!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 07:33:50 AM »

Well good to hear your ok!! I have been told many times that things can be replaced but people can't! If need any help with getting the bike back together just say the word. Heal fast and see ya at BBT! Right?  8)
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 07:35:06 AM »

Did the other driver stop?
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 07:41:07 AM »

Other reports say no the driver didn't stop.

If you need any help with anything, Daimon, I'm not that far away.
My now long gone VTX...

crow57

• Old Timer
  • Garland
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 07:41:48 AM »

That's your first time down in 27 years of riding?  That's a damn good streak!  Sorry it got busted, glad it wasn't any worse that it was.

'05 V-Twin, Xtra large 1800 S

Big Ace

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 09:47:03 AM »

Most important thing is that you're not broken very badly. Sorry to hear about the damages to you and your bike. Best of luck getting back on the road soon.
Wayne R.

Big Ace - Silver 2006 Honda VTX 1800C - now with BadX seat, Paladin Sissy Bar, and Cobra Deluxe Slashcuts

Iron Horses Grazing - photo by my son Kev

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 10:51:48 AM »

That sucks....I am so sorry you got hurt and your bike got damaged.  Do those idiots just not see that they caused an accident or do they just not give a AppleSauce that they caused someone hurt and expense?  Here's to hoping that your healing up and your bike's fixing up goes quickly and completely.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

icemanhail

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 12:57:27 PM »

No he didn't stop and not one person got out of their vehicles and helped me.  I lifted the bike and rolled into onto the median myself. 

Thanks for all the get well wishes.  I'm sitting at work in training with my left up and ice on it.  Swelling still has not gone down on my ankle.  The bike is at DFW Honda and they are gonna get started on it immediately.  I'll be at BBT!

Thanks again,
-Iceman

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 01:09:29 PM »

I'm glad you're ok Daimon. The bike can always be fixed. Luckily, you can too! Take care.
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

bigdogsgal

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 04:23:46 PM »

Glad to hear you are in one piece.  I'd be in a world of hurt if Ihad to pick up my bike by myself. 

Hang in there!

Geri

'05 1800F Black Cherry Red Spec 3

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 05:21:38 PM »

Glad to hear you are ok!

iluvink

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 07:34:49 PM »

D-

Glad to hear that you are ok.  I am sure that John will give you a sponge bath if you need it!! ;D ;D

Seriously, get well, get the bike fixed, and get back on!!   O0

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 09:00:57 PM »

I'm really glad to hear from you and not just hear say. Sorry about your cherries and sprains and hope the stealer can get your lady back in shape for the BBT. If not I know Jennifer (? correct) can ride behind John and you can bunji yourself to the luggage rack.  8) 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D   Who knows, I am 60 now and a Wing could be in my near future and you could ride "Ole Blue".  ::) ::) ::)
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 04:24:00 PM »

Iceman I say again all the good stuff the others have said and wished for you!!!!
Glad to hear you are in one piece.  I'd be in a world of hurt if Ihad to pick up my bike by myself. 

Hang in there! O0 O0 O0 O0 :-* :'(

Geri
Geri , you know there is a Double (D) standard and you would NOT have to pick your's up!!! O0 ;D ;D ;D ;D
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

gsboriqua

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2008, 06:16:02 AM »

No he didn't stop and not one person got out of their vehicles and helped me.  I lifted the bike and rolled into onto the median myself.

That actually doesn't surprise me around here.

Glad your alright.  First time I went down I almost lost my thumb.  Was just hanging there by the skin. Lady didn't stop but a couple other bikers in the area saw what happened and chased her down!

Phattened up by www.stumpwerx.com
Custom work by www.cat5customs.com
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal