Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Went Down Today  (Read 4244 times)

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
Re: Went Down Today
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2008, 10:59:04 AM »

Dan, if it gets her to ride, it's a thing of beauty.

Hooter... I had to look twice...  but then I saw the lady and the saddle bags are different.  LOL  My buddy's wife's:

They do look pretty close.  ???
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

crow57

• Old Timer
  • Garland
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2008, 10:59:21 AM »

Sorry to hear that Tejas...  Look at it this way...  It'll just mean staying upright next time will feel sooooooooo good!

I tried to set mine on the kickstand a while back, apparently without performing the crucial step of putting the kickstand down first. Don't know if I just didn't extend it far enough and it popped back up, or if I just plain didn't put it down.  I was busy running my mouth at the time.  The bike didn't go all the way down, but my mirror hit my girlfriends bike and busted, and damn near knocked her bike over too.  She had to come over and help me stand it back up...  

'05 V-Twin, Xtra large 1800 S

N5TWL

• Master Tejano Rider
  • If it hurts when you do that don't do that!
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2008, 09:12:01 AM »

Hang in there Ken, things happen to all of us. Not trying to be morbid but it could have been worse.
Get back on and put it out of your mind. I'll ride wing man for you anytime.
Monte
2011 Harley Street Glide, Sedona Orange, Ken Smith pinstriping.

JustinVTX

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2008, 07:31:55 AM »

Hey Ken,
The secret to getting back on after an accident is to wait until you are ready.  If you push yourself too soon, you might "overthink" a situation and hurt yourself again.  I know that after my accident, it took me a while to get back on.  I had 5 broken bones, and I wanted to make sure I was able to handle the bike well enough to ride safely.  The other thing is to start small.  Take short rides around your neighborhood, or ride around town.  Don't push yourself to do long rides on the freeway at speed.  If you feel the need, find an empty high school parking lot on a Saturday and ride some circles and practice your turns.  It's a great way to build your confidence back up.

These things worked for me, so I thought I would pass them along.  The key is to ride when you are ready, and not before. 

Hope to see you on the road again soon.
Jim

Justin VTX

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2008, 07:35:53 AM »

Hey Ken,
The secret to getting back on after an accident is to wait until you are ready.  If you push yourself too soon, you might "overthink" a situation and hurt yourself again.  I know that after my accident, it took me a while to get back on.  I had 5 broken bones, and I wanted to make sure I was able to handle the bike well enough to ride safely.  The other thing is to start small.  Take short rides around your neighborhood, or ride around town.  Don't push yourself to do long rides on the freeway at speed.  If you feel the need, find an empty high school parking lot on a Saturday and ride some circles and practice your turns.  It's a great way to build your confidence back up.

These things worked for me, so I thought I would pass them along.  The key is to ride when you are ready, and not before. 

Jim

GREAT ADVICE JIM....  I'M SURE IT WON'T BE TOO LONG BEFORE TEJAS IS OUT POUNDING THE PAVEMENT AGAIN...  ISN'T THAT RIGHT KEN..???  8)

jgann3375

• Tejano
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2008, 07:59:49 AM »

Look it is all in your head and that is it.  I went down Friday before Ken did and i Have two pins in my hand and 2 other bones broke in my hand.  this happened on Friday, Saturday i spent all day stripping the bike down and getting it ready to ride, and then on Sunday I rode about 250 miles with a cast.  It is all in your mind  If you really wanna ride u will find a way.  If riding is a way of life you will be on that bike one way or another.  If your bike is just something you do to look cool or impress the neighbors then a wreck is a good excuse to sit around and get sympathy and not ride   I guess it just depends on the person :'( :'( :'(
It is not the destination that matters it is the trip to the destination

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2008, 09:07:19 AM »

I gotta agree with that... It is defintely in the head..  If you fall, you gotta get right back up and go again... He'll ride again.  I have NO DOUBT in my mind about that..  O0 O0

tejasx

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2008, 07:03:38 AM »

Hey Ken,

Jim

GREAT ADVICE JIM....  I'M SURE IT WON'T BE TOO LONG BEFORE TEJAS IS OUT POUNDING THE PAVEMENT AGAIN...  ISN'T THAT RIGHT KEN..???  8)

I will be back out there, weather ain't good right now anyway, But Dan, let's leave out pounding the pavement, did that already.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2008, 07:10:06 AM »

Oops..!!!  :o :o  MY BAD... :D :D  And to think I was originally going to post "Tearing up the pavement"..!!!  ;D ;D 

jgann3375

• Tejano
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2008, 08:34:13 AM »

U know i tried that tearing up the pavement thing, but it seems like my X and i came out on the losing end of that
It is not the destination that matters it is the trip to the destination

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2008, 11:11:27 AM »

Been there... Done that myself unfortuately....  ::)

110ci

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2008, 02:41:48 PM »

I went down about a year and half ago and tore my ACL off my femur and fractured my tibulia and tore my minisus. Surgery was the worst pain I've ever had....Was real worried about riding again.... screws in my knee and 6 weeks of therapy.. I'm glad I didn't quit.

Shane

VTX DUST

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2008, 05:38:19 PM »

Thank gawd someone else posted a picture.....now I feel better!   ;D

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2008, 09:42:35 PM »

Dayum 110 CI, You shave your legs? ;D ;D

You ought to more careful with that razor, it looks like you cut yourself!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 09:45:49 PM by snake »
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal