Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: weather  (Read 3176 times)

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
Re: weather
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2007, 06:20:44 PM »

I'm lookin' forward to it, I just hope that the weather allows it..!!!   ::) ::)  As of right now it isn't looking too optimstic for Saturday....  :-\ :-\

x-tc rider

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2007, 09:28:15 PM »

If the weather is good I'd like to go too. Did you say KSU @9:30am Hot Rods and Hogs?

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2007, 08:21:29 AM »

If the weather is good I'd like to go too. Did you say KSU @9:30am Hot Rods and Hogs?

Yup..!!  I'm gonna get there like 9:15am Gassed-up and ready to rock-n-roll.  O0 O0  I'm holding out that the weather cooperates....  I'm dying to get in a ride..!!!!!!!!!!!!

studdog

• Old Timer
  • Semper Fi
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2007, 10:36:47 AM »

Then over to Runaway Bay, Bridgeport, and Decatur on 380 westbound.
Dan

I gotta tell ya my brother...  if you're going westbound 380 from Jacksboro to Runaway Bay, you are my hero.  Talk about a manly route.  I'm thinking way more than 300 miles though.     ;)    O0
BJ & Miss Angela

'05 VTX 1800C-Darkside-110 CI of rompin', stompin', hellfire and damnation

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2007, 07:47:52 PM »

Then over to Runaway Bay, Bridgeport, and Decatur on 380 westbound.
Dan

I gotta tell ya my brother...  if you're going westbound 380 from Jacksboro to Runaway Bay, you are my hero.  Talk about a manly route.  I'm thinking way more than 300 miles though.     ;)    O0

300 miles huh???  I LOVE IT..!!!!!!!   8) 8) 8)

JamesC

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2007, 04:18:14 AM »

If you are in the neighborhood around lunch time, stop at the Cafe in Graford (can't miss it, near the 4 intersection where it turns north) or at Herd's Burgers in Jacksboro (next to the Allsups).

Both are great places to eat lunch. Herd's has the best damn hamburgers I have ever eaten.

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2007, 06:24:23 AM »

OK...  We are still going to attempt this ride..!!! O0 O0  The weather pattern as of now shows ALL of the precipitation over the Mineral Wells, Jacksboro, and Decatur areas and MOVING off to the North East. O0 O0  By 10:30am to 11:00am those cells should be well off to the NorthEast in the Gainsville area and in Oklahoma.  In the event other weather pops up along our route, I have the 3 outs (roads/highways) that would send us due West and straight back to the mtroplex.  But, I don't think we'll need to do that....  The weather in the metroplex is forecasted to pop up around 4:00pm....  So there you have it...  Those who wanna ride, we will be KSU at 9:30am out of the Hot Rod & Hogs parking lot... 8) 8) 8)

Dan
817-983-9419 cell

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2007, 06:47:49 PM »

Hey Dan, That's about my favorite ride around here. We usually do the other direction since we start in Azle, but it's a good ride either way. Be sure and stop at the river. It  should be ripping with all this rain. Would go along but the grandaughter has a softball tourney in Mansfield that I promised to go to. Y'all have fun. O0
[/quote]

What an AwEsOmE ride today..!!!  Mother Nature was on our side today..  O0 O0  We hit the pavement at 9:30 this morning and only got hit with a 10 minute shower on the North side of Granbury and back in Arlington when we were 5 minutes from the house...  260 miles total full circle and we had the BeSt Chicken Fried Steak at the Palo Pinto Cafe...  FM-4 is a ride that everyone needs to see sometime.  Here are a few pics...

TexPops

• Old Timer
  • Azle (Eagle Mountain Lake) n.w. of Ft.Worth
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2007, 05:18:33 PM »

See,I told ya that was a great ride ;D ;D O0

SilverTribal Driver

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Mansfield, Texas
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2007, 07:27:17 AM »

See,I told ya that was a great ride ;D ;D O0

You were right my friend..!!!  I'm already wanting to do it again..!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal