Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: West Texas - White Buffalo Bikefest 2007 - Snyder, TX - Oct. 5-7  (Read 21894 times)

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
Re: West Texas - White Buffalo Bikefest 2007 - Snyder, TX - Oct. 5-7
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2007, 04:47:33 PM »

The latest for those that are camping...

The camping area is one big grassy area, and it is first come get the best spots. But there are several camping spots The Zoo (for the rowdys) The Library (the calmer bunch) and the Desert (the hard core campers) so there are many area that can be accessed.  Last yeqar we had about 20 campers in tents and there should be at least that many and maybe double that this year.  Lots are bringing a RV, so they will have water and electricity.  There will be fire rings if you get there early, get one for your group.  There will be showers this year, and you can purchase a shower ticket at registration when you come in, we didn't think of that last year, so we are doing better.  I think you'll have plenty of space for camp sites, and everyone got along pretty good last year.  Only one chase car per tent site allowed inside the gate, so pile everything in one vehicle if possible.  We are trying to keep all four wheelers out of the gated area.  Glad you are all coming, hope to see ya at the rally. Kay

I think we can grab a fire ring, and rope off an area for us on Thursday evening...  From what I could tell from airiel photos, we should have plenty of room...

rbljack

• Tejano
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2007, 11:32:40 AM »

Just a couple weeks left!! Ive been talking with a few of the organizers about the rally, and they are really pushing this rally. It should be bigger than last year. In fact, Im part of the Bike Rodeo games team now....LOL. We'll be helping out on Friday night, so hope to see everyone there. Any chance we can get a few more X riders and bring that number that number on PAGE 1 to over 20??

Come on out and have a good time. I'll try and get the details for the schedule of events, and I'll be going over to the Grounds today because they are "sectioning" everything off (the parking, vendors area, camp areas, etc. I'm going to work on a sign or banner that we can put up also. If anybody needs info, give me a call on the cell @325 207 1473..

Oh, and one more thing.....I'm really hoping to hear some aftermarket VTX exhaust systems so I can decide if I want the V and H big shots...so hopefully yall can help me out..step up and make some noise.....LOL!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 11:55:42 AM by rbljack »
2002 VTX 1800 C model, Illusion Blue

rbljack

• Tejano
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2007, 02:23:15 PM »

IF YOU WANT TO RIDE BUT CANT PACK A TENT....LET ME KNOW. i HAVE ONE AT THE HOUSE i CAN SET UP AHEAD OF TIME, ALONG WITH A CPL AIR MATRESSES FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO ATTEND, BUT DONT WANT TO PACK ALL THE EXTRA GEAR. MY CELL NUMBER IS 325 207 1473 AND I LIVE IN SNYDER.

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2007, 05:37:14 PM »

First post has been modified with a lay out for the event...  Our camp area is marked in red, and there will be a banner hung from the fence along 37th street marking the camp area for us.

rbljack

• Tejano
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2007, 02:07:55 AM »

I just finished the banner tonight. I sent an email to Murray, and we'll get it added to the posting on Page 1. We've been sitting at 14 Riders on the list for awhile now.....come on out next weekend and lets BUMP that number up to +20!

I'd sure like to see this become an annual stop for a GTG. Come check it out. Benham called me on the phone, and asked me about the tent set up, so that will be available also. I'm going to set up my tent down there which is half tent/ and half screenroom for X riders to use while we are there  O0

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2007, 06:53:03 AM »

No promise involved, but I will try to make it. Back in 73 or so Grand Funk came to Amarillo, My friends and I drove up from Hedley, to find it was sold out. If i can bring my old bro I will, his health is not good now. If I can come alone, I will. If I can't get loose at all I'm going to be unhappy.
Tom, although he looks older, Mark Farner is a live wire onstage, even more than when he was young. I saw them about three years ago and he was flying all over the stage all the time. Crazy.
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2007, 04:51:37 PM »

No promise involved, but I will try to make it. Back in 73 or so Grand Funk came to Amarillo, My friends and I drove up from Hedley, to find it was sold out. If i can bring my old bro I will, his health is not good now. If I can come alone, I will. If I can't get loose at all I'm going to be unhappy.
Tom, although he looks older, Mark Farner is a live wire onstage, even more than when he was young. I saw them about three years ago and he was flying all over the stage all the time. Crazy.

Who's in for doing the locomotion with me?

rbljack

• Tejano
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2007, 02:03:47 AM »

Ok....Ive got more info about the rally. We did a radio station broadcast on 102.7 today  (Abilene station from 12 to 1 pm on monday...>Did yall hear it???LOL.

Basically, here's what I can tell ya off the top of my head: Gates open at 7 am on Friday. The Sphere of Death will be doing 5 shows at various times on both friday AND saturday. The MOTOR drome will put on 3 shows friday and 3 shows saturday. The BIKE stunt team will be doing about 3 shows on each day as well. The CMA is putting on a bike games event....and yall dont want to miss the BIKER RODEO GAMES, which are going on both friday and Saturday night. My wife and I are helping another couple head this up....and I GUARANTEE you wont want to miss it. The CMA does the "normal" bike games that demonstrate riding ablilities......BUT the BIKER rodeo games takes it a step farther. We do stuff like the slow roll competion, and then digress to other games like Road Kill, Honey Im Home, the Weenie Grab, etc...... COME BY AND CHECK this stuff out....it will be a lot of fun to see even if you dont want to partipate. For those that are going to see GRAND FUNK on saturday and want to check out the Biker Rodeo games....my advice is to come by Friday night because we will be doing rodeo games on saturday at the same time the Concert is going on. The Concert on Friday night isnt starting until after the Rodeo games event if the scheduling does not change between now and the weekend.

The Poker Run is on Saturday morning for those that are interested in that. Oh.....and for everyone riding in who gets their bike dirty and can't stand to see it stay that way, there will be a BIKINI Bike wash available ($20 per bike) on Saturday I think. For those that want to enter their bikes into the bike show....register for that sometime on Friday, and the judging tentatively is scheduled to start on Saturday at noon.....which may interfere with the Poker run.....not sure on the details of this one however?? There are TONS of vendors available, there will be LED installers on hand for those interested in that. There's a pancake breakfast available across the street from the Collosiem on Saturday morning if I remember correctly. There will be a night time display/LED parade for those who want to show off their bikes after dark, and I'll be in that one if it doesnt conflict with the Biker Rodeo Games.

Im only scratching the surface of whats available, but dont quote me. When you come into town, there will be official info available at the registration booths, but I thought you might want the insider info a little early....LOL! Some of this info could change, so check your official Rally Info when you get here and register!!!
 YALL READY??   O0
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 02:13:46 AM by rbljack »

solitary-man

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2007, 07:52:19 AM »

Any idea what time the poker run starts and from where. I should get there around 9am. Am driving in from Childress on Saturday morning.

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2007, 10:13:55 AM »

? time does GFRR play Sat night? Any idea?
     420! Yeah, baby!

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2007, 08:48:48 PM »

I called and sent an email to check on the times for the poker run and for GFRR.  Snake you thinking about going as my date to the concert?  I read somewhere that you are a good date for a concert... ;D

Also, for anyone going...  if we need to get in contact rbljack has posted his number, and mine is 214-205-8994

Edit:
Poker Run
Starts @ 10:00AM
Last Bike Out @ 12:00 Noon
Last bike in @ 2:00 PM
125 miles with 3 stops

Concert @ 8:00 PM
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 09:36:35 PM by murray_61 »

rbljack

• Tejano
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2007, 01:49:50 AM »

For those wanting to come in thursday......its possible to get onto the collosiem grounds, and set up your tent, but you wont be able to register for the rally until Friday. Ive got the area sectioned off for the group, and I'll be setting a tent up in there in the morning on Wed....see ya there.

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2007, 06:54:46 AM »

Snake you thinking about going as my date to the concert?  I read somewhere that you are a good date for a concert... ;D
Dammit! Stevers, I promised not to kiss and tell...but NO... you're gonna' talk, huh? Well, I did not have sex with that woman....eerrrrr...stevers ;D. Show me the DNA! If it didn't fit, you must acquit!  ;D. What do you mean, crime against nature??? ::) Swampy made me do it! OOps... I mean Stevers!
     420! Yeah, baby!

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2007, 06:56:09 AM »

WHEW! I'm better now.....
I just finished the banner tonight. I sent an email to Murray, and we'll get it added to the posting on Page 1.

Excellent banner, by the way!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 07:03:34 AM by snake »
     420! Yeah, baby!

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2007, 05:52:49 PM »

Dammit! Stevers, I promised not to kiss and tell...but NO... you're gonna' talk, huh? Well, I did not have sex with that woman....eerrrrr...stevers ;D. Show me the DNA! If it didn't fit, you must acquit!  ;D. What do you mean, crime against nature??? ::) Swampy made me do it! OOps... I mean Stevers!

I was there... section 226 row JJ seat 2...  Not saying I saw anything, :-X but where were you guys sitting? :o

So Snake, what do you think about the bikefest? still toying with the idea?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal