Local Area Meet and Greets > Austin Meet and Greet

Does Austin group still exist?????

<< < (2/4) > >>

Gumbo:

--- Quote from: jmdaniel on January 21, 2014, 06:13:02 AM ---
--- Quote from: InkedPetals on December 28, 2013, 04:52:04 PM ---Okay y'all I just stumbled upon this site via Meetup.com and it looks like no one in Austin has posted in MONTHS!!  Does this mean we no longer have any X riders?

I've got a 1300R that I've owned for 4 1/2 years and I LOVE LOVE LOVE her.....especially having resolved my starting problems.

Please tell me that there are more X lovers out there.  

M

--- End quote ---

The Austin group died 3-5 years ago. If you haven't already, join AMRG, the biggest Meetup group for riders in Austin, and go on their rides. There is one this Sunday, leaving from the Office Depot at 183 and 1431. You'll have a better chance of seeing another X at one of those rides than you ever will of restarting the Austin group.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for supporting the board "Not"
 :angryno:

jmdaniel:

--- Quote from: Gumbo on January 21, 2014, 08:43:21 AM ---

--- End quote ---

Supporting what board? The guy is asking if there is an Austin group of the Texas VTX group. And the answer, from a guy that actually lives in Austin is a resounding NO! Anyone that thinks there is must also think the Emperor's new clothes look great! I was on Bob Wade's ride that is referenced in this thread, and guess what? Bob was the only one on a VTX, I was the only one that used to ride with the Austin VTX group, and the number of folks that joined us from the Austin Meetup group I mentioned equalled the folks Bob threw together, on his Facebook VTX page!

Bottom line is that if you want a group in Austin, hit up AMRG or TWT, the Texas VTX group died long ago.

Gumbo:

--- Quote from: jmdaniel on January 21, 2014, 10:38:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: Gumbo on January 21, 2014, 08:43:21 AM ---

--- End quote ---

Supporting what board? The guy is asking if there is an Austin group of the Texas VTX group. And the answer, from a guy that actually lives in Austin is a resounding NO! Anyone that thinks there is must also think the Emperor's new clothes look great! I was on Bob Wade's ride that is referenced in this thread, and guess what? Bob was the only one on a VTX, I was the only one that used to ride with the Austin VTX group, and the number of folks that joined us from the Austin Meetup group I mentioned equalled the folks Bob threw together, on his Facebook VTX page!

Bottom line is that if you want a group in Austin, hit up AMRG or TWT, the Texas VTX group died long ago.

--- End quote ---

Have you seen the Emperor's new clothes lately ???
We welcome any and all bikes, heck no more VTX's are being made, we are trying to keep the board open as best we can.
See you at the BBT  ;D

jmdaniel:
Sorry, I thought he was looking for a group to actually ride with, not just a website. My mistake.

I actually saw more of the old Austin group on Sunday, (Bobby, Jeremy/Jennifer), than I had seen in a long time.

BBT? Don't tell me they are finally selling day passes! :)

Gumbo:

--- Quote from: jmdaniel on January 21, 2014, 11:29:57 AM ---Sorry, I thought he was looking for a group to actually ride with, not just a website. My mistake.

I actually saw more of the old Austin group on Sunday, (Bobby, Jeremy/Jennifer), than I had seen in a long time.

BBT? Don't tell me they are finally selling day passes! :)

--- End quote ---

Yes finally  :ohwow: been missing the boat on day passes.  :c :c
Better to see folks show up for a day then not at all  :thumbup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version