I hate Kids
- 4 (36.4%)
no
- 6 (54.5%)
I knew and just want to cause their rally to suffer
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Should BBT and Ride for Kids be on same competing Date?  (Read 2767 times)

Swampfox

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Should BBT and Ride for Kids be on same competing Date?
« on: April 02, 2010, 06:25:14 PM »

I am shock that the Board would put on a rally on mother's Day or on the date of a RIDE FOR KIDS a NATIONAL RALLY for the money raised will save a child life and give hope to so many more.

If I was on the board this would have been one of the most though of subjects in the planning of any Event much less a RALLY FoR KiDS.    :stickpoke:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 07:01:19 PM by Swampfox »

opos04

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: Should BBT and Ride for Kid be on the competing Date?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 06:44:27 PM »

Kids are our future! i'm a Mason and a Shriner. This weekend i will be taking tickets for the Hella Shrine Circus in Dallas. I raised my two kids and a grandson till he turned 21 then i sent him to his Dad's house. I also like riding the "X" so i do both when i can.  :bikerider:  :flag:
2007 1800N Charcoal

Swampfox

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Re: Should BBT and Ride for Kid be on the competing Date?
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 06:58:55 PM »

Kids are our future! i'm a Mason and a Shriner. This weekend i will be taking tickets for the Hella Shrine Circus in Dallas. I raised my two kids and a grandson till he turned 21 then i sent him to his Dad's house. I also like riding the "X" so i do both when i can.  :bikerider:  :flag:

Now that's a good guy thank you for your service for I was a kid once too!

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: Should BBT and Ride for Kids be on competing Date?
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 07:04:30 PM »

Swampy, you really dont believe that the scheduling was done on purpose, do you? Maybe I don't know you well enough to pick up on the  :stickpoke: if it is one, as I have only met you for a split second three years ago.  I know BBT has been on or around the same time the past three years....

And honestly, I had no idea about the Ride for Kids. I'm pretty sure if it was advertised better, then maybe BBT would have been moved.

Our BOD is a great group, as was last years, and not a one of them are malicious enough to do something like that. :flag:
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
Re: Should BBT and Ride for Kids be on same competing Date?
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 07:10:31 PM »

There are many rides for great causes (lots of them for kids) all during the year.  It is probably a very difficult task to try and schedule something that does not conflict with something else.  I do not believe that the BOD is in any way trying to schedule an event that keeps us from participating in a fund raiser.  We all have the choice to participate in whatever we want to...if nothing else you can make a donation to a cause if you are not able to attend.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Swampfox

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 07:20:24 PM »

There are many rides for great causes (lots of them for kids) all during the year.  It is probably a very difficult task to try and schedule something that does not conflict with something else.  I do not believe that the BOD is in any way trying to schedule an event that keeps us from participating in a fund raiser.  We all have the choice to participate in whatever we want to...if nothing else youto a can make a donation  cause if you are not able to attend.

well that's no excuse and should be fixed. Lucky you are right  But as far as saying does the BBT Rally short change The Kids Rally I think not and I don't think the Board would do it on purpose. But it is a conflick and should be addressed.   :redcard:

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 08:40:33 PM »

There are many rides for great causes (lots of them for kids) all during the year.  It is probably a very difficult task to try and schedule something that does not conflict with something else.  I do not believe that the BOD is in any way trying to schedule an event that keeps us from participating in a fund raiser.  We all have the choice to participate in whatever we want to...if nothing else you can make a donation to a cause if you are not able to attend.

I TOTALLY agree with Lucky. You can ride for a cause virtually every weekend.Nearly impossible to schedule around all of them. I"m going to BBT , having a great time and not going to feel guility about it. I rode in the cold rain and donated to the Christmas toy run for boys and girls country. Where were you Swampy. You didn't bring this up untill this week.We have a great bunch that participate in a number of charitable causes and To suggest that the BOD scheduled this to conflict with your pet cause is insulting.
It's all just part of the adventure!

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 08:52:03 PM »

As with most group meetings/rallies, they tend to keep/be scheduled year after year on the same weekend so everyone can plan accordingly.  This years BBT is the exact same weekend  :thumbup: as last year; and, it just so happens to be a calendar conflict with some other activities.  And it will always conflict with something, whether it is another ride, wedding, etc. 
And to my knowledge, Mother's Day is always the 2nd full weekend in May, that has never changed for over the past 20+ years.

So, no scheduling can ever please everyone.  We all must pick and choose what we do, and though it may not fit your agenda; it may fit others that look forward to the BBT  :bikerider:  and the break  :c  it gives them from the daily routine  :banghead:   of the JOB.  And no one should fault someone for participating in the BBT and not another function that may be/seem important to them.
So, I guess the question is...are riding and personally participating in the Ride for Kids?  If not, shame, shame, shame...   :redcard:   :redcard:   

A donation  :angel:   could always be made by those at the BBT, if they choose to do so.     :flag:   
My .02.

'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

Txcajun

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 09:18:21 PM »

I will go ahead and reply to your comments, and try to remain civil. First of all, we have BBT scheduled for a couple of years ahead of time so that we don't end up with another blunder. Second, I try to donate or attend as many functions as possible that help sick or needy children. My daughter is first hand evidence of the miracles that can happen, thanks to NICU facilities. I nor any other members of the bod would ever try to shun any children.  SO it really kind of pisses me off for you to make these comments. That is as far as I am going with this nonsense.
Les Coullion Coup d'e'tat peux Embrasse Moi Tchew!              03 1800 retro TRAILER QUEEN EXTRORDINAIRE "SMELL THE BUMPER"

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 09:39:24 PM »

yeah, why is this even a topic. Cause you know, I'm just out terrorizing kids and stealing their lollipops.  Every year Ruthy & I help with the JDRF. Nuff said.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 10:35:29 PM »

AN OPEN LETTER TO OUR BOD.....

I know that the thread above can be blamed on certain circumstances. But I just wanted all of you to know that I, for one, appreciate all that you do.

Honestly, I am not a good member of this forum. I log on to see what is up with everyone else. It seems that I ALWAYS have something going on (work, a band gig....something) that keeps me from coming to parties, rallys M&G's, and saying hi. Hell, Sgt. Stever has been home from defending MY LAZY Cranberries in Iraq and I have not hugged him ONCE since he got back. We have not raised a glass, nary a one, since he got home..... So my opinion it truly worthless, but if you know me...I will give it if you like it or not...

I think that the board of directors has gone above and beyond, as has previous boards, to make this the best F**KING forum available for ANY biker community. If you do not agree with me, you can just go ahead and put your head in a gas oven and breathe in deeeeeeep (and I mean that in a good, Christian way...).

So please do not let a pitiful thread such as this get you up in arms. Just know that we appreciate your efforts and thank you all, both past and present, very much for your leadership... Randy, you are a damn good Pres. You and the CenTex X-Riders took my little sister in as one of your own and treated her like a princess. For that, I am forever grateful. And for all of the rides that all the other regions may do, I am proud to be CenTex, as we are a family as much as, if not more than, any region. Good folks all over this damn board. We are blessed, and should not overlook that fact, by God.

And God Bless Sgt. Stever for fighting for us...

God Bless Tom.. Heal up soon, buddy.

Now queue up the Star Spangled Banner and have an admin delete this ridiculious post.

n00b out... Back to my Jack Daniels and Wrestlemania on PPV.
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 11:03:38 PM »

:redcard:   We are The Texas "X" Riders. Ridding group, we elect a prez every two years, he asks others to help hem, the BOD. We have no mandatory meetings or
group causes!  It is a privilage to post YOUR cause on this forum!! I hope it stays this way[/color
So go where you like and do what you like ------- no guilt!!  Ride Safe Ride Long

03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 07:38:07 AM »

Maybe you should contact www.hawgsoftexas.com too. their rally is the same weekend
It's all just part of the adventure!

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010, 09:00:32 AM »

Gary,
I as many others here consider you a valued, extremely liked, and trusted friend and would like it to stay this way but what's the deal. The BBT is April 22 - 25th and your Rally for the Kids charity run is on Sunday the 25th. I don't see any conflict here at all except for what your wanting it to be. Just personally speaking, I've riden and still ride (as others) many, many, and many more charitable runs for the kids annually, whether it be a toy for Christmas or monetary contributions to a more than deserving organization to help find the cure or take care of the orphans.
As has been stated before this , the BBT, is an anual event planned a year ahead and I'm sure sorry the planning committee for the Rally for the Kids didn't know our schedule or I'm sure they would have changed their run date to accommodate us. 
Your friend
Hooter
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2010, 09:11:07 AM »

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

A BBT without controversy? Wouldn't seem right!

:rofl:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal