Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Patriot Guard Mission- July 3rd  (Read 1346 times)

SiC

• Old Timer
Patriot Guard Mission- July 3rd
« on: June 29, 2007, 11:33:23 PM »

I'll be riding to a Patriot Guard Mission to honor Sgt. Jimy M. Malone ,23 y/o as he is laid to rest in Wills Point on the 3rd.  If your coming to this then ride safe and i'll see you there. If your interested in going and would like someone to ride along with let me know and we may meet up along the way.
 Details below

SiC

Services: Tuesday, July 3rd, 2007 at 2 p.m. at Wills Point High School, 1800 W. South Commerce (U.S. Hwy 80), Wills Point, Texas.   Sgt. Malone will be buried later in a private ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery, so this mission will be for the local service at the school only.

Weather Report: Cloudy with a 40% chance of showers, and a high temp in the mid-80's.   However, this is Texas and the weather is subject to change. Dress accordingly for your own protection, and come prepared with rain gear, just in case. Also, remember to stay hydrated in the summer heat and humidity.  We will have some water available thanks to generous donations from the CMA and others, but any you can bring would be appreciated. 

We will have PGR flags for our flag line, but you can bring flag poles and extra flags if you have them. 

Staging Site and Time: From 11:30 to 12:30 hrs. at the parking lot of the Brookshire's Grocery, 1011 W. South Commerce (U.S. Hwy 80) in Wills Point, TX.  Most folks  approaching Wills Point will be doing so on U.S. 80, so it doesn't get much easier than this.  This is a 4-lane highway, and the Brookshire's is on the south side.  A map link to Brookshire's is below:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2rxl3l

Departure: All members are requested to complete a PGR Release of Liability prior to the safety briefing, which will begin at 12:30 p.m. Departure for Wills Point High School will commence at 12:45.  All bikes will present a uniform appearance with flags flying as we ride approximately 1 mile to the school in a staggered formation.

Please note: We will have the flag line in place at the high school at 1:00 p.m., one hour before the service begins, as guests are arriving.  We will also be in place following the service, and then be dismissed afterwards.   

ALL RIDING GROUPS, CLUBS, AND INDEPENDENTS REGARDLESS OF PATCHES OR COLORS are welcome to join with the Patriot Guard Riders in paying tribute to this young man. 
Please remember that our mission is to honor this fallen soldier and pay our respects to his family. Stand tall and be proud as we salute an American hero

I had 1 Billion Posts on the old site.......

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal