Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Patriot Guard -Sunday March 4th  (Read 612 times)

SiC

• Old Timer
Patriot Guard -Sunday March 4th
« on: March 01, 2007, 10:10:19 PM »

This is a young man from my hometown. I'll be there Sunday riding with the PGR. If you haven't done so check out http://www.patriotguard.org/  .Here's the info below.
SiC
_________________________________________________________________________________

MARCH 4TH AT 2 P.M. IN WINNSBORO, TX:

This is the final itinerary for the Patriot Guard Mission to honor PV2 Charles Darren Yates, of Winnsboro, TX whose accidental death occurred while he was in Army training in Florida. The mission is a 'go' and all contacts have been made.

Services: Sunday, March 4th, 2007, at 2 p.m. at the Beaty Funeral Home, 816 West Broadway Street (State Hwy 11), Winnsboro, TX. Interment, with full military honors, will follow at the Shady Grove Cemetery, approx 8 miles south of the funeral home.

Senior Ride Captain: Robert Young (Horsepen), cell # 903-445-3486.

Weather Report: Sunny with a daytime high of 60 degrees. Dress accordingly with leathers for your own protection, and come prepared for any type of weather, as any weather forecast is subject to change in Texas.

Bring flag poles and flags if you have them. Flags mounted on bikes would be great, but if you have to "cage" it, bring your big flags anyway, plus any extras that you may have. We will have the PGR flags from Dallas as well. If you need Patriot Guard items for you or your bike, let me know and we will try to have them available for sale during the staging only.

Staging Site and Time: From 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the parking lot of the Country Boy's Exxon and Restaurant, 20931 Hwy. 11, corner of County Road 3019, in Winnsboro (approx. one mile north of the funeral home). A map link to the funeral home will be included below. The intersection of W. Broadway St. (SH 11) and CR 3019 is indicated on the map north of the funeral home.

Departure : All new members are requested to complete the PGR Release of Liability prior to safety briefing. The safety briefing will begin at 12:30 p.m. Departure (KSU) for the Beaty Funeral Home will be at 12:45 p.m. We will ride in a staggered formation and present a uniform appearance with flags flying as we ride approximately 1 mile to the funeral home. Our plan is to have the flag line in place by 1:00 p.m. as guests begin to arrive.

Map link to the funeral home:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&country=US&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&addtohistory=&cat=&address=816+W+Broadway+St&city=Winnsboro&state=TX&zipcode=75494-2014

Please note: We will be riding about 8 miles to the cemetery after the service. We will have some down time during the church service, so please remain flexible as to mission requirements during the afternoon.

I had 1 Billion Posts on the old site.......

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal