Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Jefferson  (Read 1971 times)

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
Jefferson
« on: February 07, 2007, 08:11:34 AM »

I know there a lot of guys make'n the run from all over the North Texas area and Sic started a thread the other day to which some of the Northeast riders have used. There is several posts that others have started under a different subject and as we all know sometimes they don't stay on that subject, so the Jefferson ride is spread over several different posts and if you don't read almost every one of them then you wouldn't know who was going and meeting who and where. Haven't really seen much of the Dallas, Ft.Worth, Azle, Lake Worth, Coppell, Denton, Carrollton, Grand Pairie, Irving, Mansfield, Addison, Trophy Club, Allen, Colony, Frisco, Grapevine, and the lists goes on. I know weather is always a big factor this time of the year for everybody and some are kinda planning on going but just sitting back waiting to see what it does, well make a post, and if it works out, maybe alot of guys can tag in along the way and make a bigger ride. Just my .02 worth
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

txvtxrider

Re: Jefferson
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 08:22:13 AM »

Hoot I'm digging that idea...and you've made a very good point...post all over the place on this ride alone...that would be sweet if a big group of "x"er's to ride down together.

jwoolf

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 10:39:49 AM »

I'm beginning to wonder if Lynn and I aren't just going to go to the Mardi Gras in New Orleans.

I may trailer the bike to my Mom's house in Baton Rouge on the 16th and stay through Tuesday.   Baton Rouge is only 50mi from New Orleans so, it's no big deal to drive it from there.  We could stay at Mom's and do the real deal.

Not sure about that yet though. 

I guess there's still time to decide.

hooter

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 11:00:21 AM »

That would be fun, but still hope Jefferson's in yall's future. would be good to see and ride with ya's O0 O0

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 11:00:28 AM »

I'm beginning to wonder if Lynn and I aren't just going to go to the Mardi Gras in New Orleans.

I may trailer the bike to my Mom's house in Baton Rouge on the 16th and stay through Tuesday.   Baton Rouge is only 50mi from New Orleans so, it's no big deal to drive it from there.  We could stay at Mom's and do the real deal.

Not sure about that yet though. 

I guess there's still time to decide.

Are you going to park that thing on St. Charles???   :o

jwoolf

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 11:12:28 AM »

LOL@ Brad!

Not likely... but, It would be fun to ride it down there and cruise around a bit.  It isn't that far from Mom's house.  Also, I could take the truck if we wanted to hang in the quarter all day and walk.

I could surely get the bike into the quarter Saturday afternoon.  You can drink on the street so, no need to leave it unattended.  It could be a fun day of riding and being around Mardi Gras.   Not to mention there are biker bars in N.O. in the area.  That would be safe parkingb

I'm just a little apprehensive about something happening to the bike but hell, you only live once..... some people not at all.

Can't decide for sure yet.  I kind of want to do it but, there's a little bird in my head going, "It's dangerouse to ride in N.O. with all the idots out!".

jwoolf

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 11:45:50 AM »

I think they made a movie about this but, I don't remember how it ended?!?!

I think Dennis Hopper and Robert Redford was in it.   ;D

hooter

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 12:48:17 PM »

How dare you blaspheme such a wonderful movie by saying Robert Redford was in it. Peter Fonda, Dennis Hopper, and Jack Nicholson. Peter and Dennis got blown away on past New Orleans when they were back out on the road somewhere. 

AppleSauce I think I just hijacked my own post :-\ :-\ :-\

jwoolf

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 01:13:13 PM »

LOL,  I knew Dennis Hopper was in it but, it's been so long since I saw it that I didn't remember who the other guy was.  LOL :-\

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 10:33:30 AM »

How dare you blaspheme such a wonderful movie by saying Robert Redford was in it. Peter Fonda, Dennis Hopper, and Jack Nicholson. Peter and Dennis got blown away on past New Orleans when they were back out on the road somewhere. 

Not only did Peter and Dennis get blown away, but Jack got beaten to death before they got to New Orleans. I really liked Jack's helmet in the movie.

Count me in for going to Jefferson.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 12:01:24 PM by hobo »
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

hooter

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 10:46:24 AM »

Well this ain't no sob story  :'(  but my truck broke down on the way home last night and I had to wait for a wrecker almost 3 hours and had to have it hauled to the Ford ( I know, here comes the Chevy jokes) stealer for a, just guessing, new diesel fuel pump. It was dumping fuel like crazy in that area, so   Gotta see what that's goina set me back before I can know if the spare moola is around to make the trip now. Keep yawl posted
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 10:47:59 AM by hooter »

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal