Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Steering bearings  (Read 671 times)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Steering bearings
« on: July 16, 2011, 10:04:58 PM »

Thanks to those who jump in and help out. had a great day with great folks replace steering bearings with all balls, what a difference.  :thumbup:

Thanks to freeNfadel for hosting, and thanks to Steve (cyberhick) for sharing his tools and knowledge  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

dclark31

• Old Timer
  • Schertz
Re: Steering bearings
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 09:07:54 AM »

Great people on the board.  I have the feeling I need to do that job myself sometime here in the future.

Dana "Dutch" Clark - Semper Fi

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 10:40:11 AM »

Great people on the board.  I have the feeling I need to do that job myself sometime here in the future.
Why, you have an 1800!  :stickpoke:

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

freeNfadel

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 10:57:04 AM »

Thanks to those who jump in and help out. had a great day with great folks replace steering bearings with all balls, what a difference.  :thumbup:

Thanks to freeNfadel for hosting, and thanks to Steve (cyberhick) for sharing his tools and knowledge  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yea, agree, THANKS Steve, for offering your tools an expertise, very impressive. It was a good afternoon, got to upgrade the bike and bs a little, nice to meet you guys. We/Steve did 3 bikes, 2 R models (which take a little more work) and 1 C model in 3 hours. One of R models got fork springs and fork oil changed also. If you get Steve's help just have some cold ones iced down for him...Dr. Peppers that is.

dclark31

• Old Timer
  • Schertz
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 01:34:38 PM »

Why, you have an 1800!  :stickpoke:

Still doesn't mean the Steering bearings don't need to be adjusted or replaced   :-)

Dana "Dutch" Clark - Semper Fi

cybrhick

• Master Tejano Rider
  • The outcast
    • Hick Custom Machine Works
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 07:50:29 PM »

Yea, agree, THANKS Steve, for offering your tools an expertise, very impressive. It was a good afternoon, got to upgrade the bike and bs a little, nice to meet you guys. We/Steve did 3 bikes, 2 R models (which take a little more work) and 1 C model in 3 hours. One of R models got fork springs and fork oil changed also. If you get Steve's help just have some cold ones iced down for him...Dr. Peppers that is.

Had a great time. It was good to meet y'all. And many thanks for the Dr. Peppers and Pizza.
Displaced Texan.

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 08:08:12 PM »

Yeah I forgot the Dr Pepper tonight better buy a few for tomorrow night lol.
Alvin,Texas

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal