Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Powder Puff ride April 15th updated info  (Read 1636 times)

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
Powder Puff ride April 15th updated info
« on: April 08, 2007, 09:27:36 PM »

ok girls here are the details, it's about 160 miles roundtrip almost all back roads. I took a trial run on Friday to work out some of the details. It's going to be a great ride. The weather for Sunday is supposed to be in the 70's :)

Spring Powder Puff All Girl Ride

No Ice houses here, but plenty of back roads, twistys and bluebonnets

When: Sunday, April 15, 2007

Meet: for breakfast at Harris County Smokehouse 9:45
14243 FM 2920
Tomball, TX 77377
281-351-4060
http://www.harriscountysmokehouse.com/contactus.html

Kickstands up at 10:30

We are taking the scenic route to The Antique Rose Emporium in Independence TX. The Garden will be in full bloom. http://www.antiqueroseemporium.com/

We will also stop for a late lunch

Tee shirts available at http://www.cafepress.com/marigoldsplace.114246809

There is no fee or registration for this ride just post, call, e-mail, or pm Myself or Marigold so we have an idea of how many

Rain date Saturday April 21, 2007

Hope you can make it

Sherri
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 08:13:02 PM by sherri »

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
Re: Powder Puff ride April 15th updated info
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 10:09:28 PM »

Here is the rough map of the route

The dot due North of D is Independence where the Rose Garden is for some reason the mapping program stopped numbering the map. And C doesn't really go that far South but it was the only way I could make the map turn where I wanted it to.

Sherri

HarleyChic

• Tejano
    • Texas Computer Guy, Inc
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 09:54:41 PM »

Sherri,

Can you post the directions with road names, etc?  I think it would be a great idea for everyone who's going to be familiar with the route. O0

Thank you!

See ya'll Sunday for Breakfast.

/__ ~                            /__ ~                              /__ ~                            /__ ~
O    O              /__ ~      O    O           /__ ~           O    O              /__ ~      O    O
                    O    O                        O    O                                 O    O

2006 H-D FLHTCUI

:-) VTX Supporter :-)

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 10:42:03 PM »

Sherri,

Can you post the directions with road names, etc?  I think it would be a great idea for everyone who's going to be familiar with the route. O0

Thank you!

See ya'll Sunday for Breakfast.

/__ ~                            /__ ~                              /__ ~                            /__ ~
O    O              /__ ~      O    O           /__ ~           O    O              /__ ~      O    O
                    O    O                        O    O                                 O    O

No it's top secret.   j/k

Sherri

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 11:03:26 PM »

Here you go

From Harris County Smokehouse Turn Left on 2920

Go 17 miles towards Hwy 290

turn Right at light STAY ON FEEDER

Go about 1 mile to first intersection or FM 362 turn Left

go about 15 miles turn Right at FM 529

go 18.5 miles towards Bellville, When entering Bellville turn Left on Main

ride through square Exit other side of square W. Main turns into TX 36

Take 36 North 15 miles towards Brenham

Go to first stop light and through under pass (Masonic Dr) turn Left

Keep in Left lane, take ramp on to 290 go 2.4 miles

Take Right ramp onto US-290 go West towards Austin

Go 10.5 miles stop at gas station on Right this is just outside of Burton, this is past the first exit.

Stop for Gas this is 80+ miles into the ride.  (This is also where I will remind you about under pass curve after Gay Hill about 10 miles down the road)

When pulling out of gas station take road behind station North East towards Burton

Go about a mile to stop sign in Burton Turn Left FM-390

Go 9.7 miles towards Gay Hill we will slow down on far side of Gay Hill there is an under

Very narrow under pass on a curve I have had to wait for a big truck/tractor to go through

it twice before.

Go a mile or two then come to a busy intersection with a blinking light (Hwy 36) continue through light on FM 390.

We will wait on other side of intersection till everyone makes it through. This road has had some construction lately so look out for gravel

Go about 8 miles to Independence. Turn Right at Stop sign this is 50 go about a mile down the

road on Left hand side is Antique Rose Emporium. The Driveway & parking lot are gravel.

Leave Rose Garden turn Right on 50 back to stop sign turn Right on FM 390 go about 4.5 miles

to T-intersection. Turn Left on William Penn (this road looks like it is a gravel road but it isn’t.)

Go about 4.5 miles to next T-intersection it is Hwy 105 turn Left go 10 miles to Navasota.

If we make it  before 3:00 we will eat  Tea Room otherwise it’s is DQ or Mexican. They only serve dessert after 3

CAFÉ M. BLOOMERS TEAROOM at Martha's Bloomers
Serene indoor and garden dining. Homemade soups, sandwiches, salads, desserts, flavored teas & refreshments. Private meeting/dining room for retreats, luncheons, wedding/baby showers and your special events. Open Tuesday-Sunday 11 am-4 pm. Located in Martha's Bloomers, 8101 Hwy. 6 Bypass, 1 mile north of Hwy 90/105, Navasota. Call (936) 870-3277 or visit www.MarthasBloomers.com See 19 on County Map.

When we leave Navasota we will return to Hwy 105 go East towards Conroe.

Go 13 miles turn right on 1774 at Plantersville

Go about 11 Miles to Magnolia,

Anyone wanting to take I-45 home may want to turn off at 1488 and go East directly to 45 from here (about 16 miles),

The rest stay on 1774 to Pinehurst then Tomball (about 12 miles) This road turns back into 249.

End up 249 & 2920 Tomball

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 08:52:04 PM »

Had a great time..Weather was perfect.
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal