Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Spring Powder Puff dates??  (Read 5225 times)

jellybean

Re: Spring Powder Puff dates??
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2007, 01:57:32 PM »

Central Region is correct.

I live just south of Austin

Cute avatar by the way.  Where do you get them?

Being as I don't know you I will need more questions or help.

What kind of bikes do you own?

I own two other Hondas.  One sportbike (black and silver) one tourer (red and black).

Ask away

DrBlackbird

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2007, 03:05:38 AM »

Ladies,........A new Female rider that was so looking forward to meeting you and riding with you this coming Sunday for the "Powder Puff", has gone down. Below is the letter and request I sent to TWT........Please read
Brand New female rider just starting out her riding with all the excitement of a "Kid at recess"........Has gone down,.........
 Leaving PO's Tuesday evening bike night. Leslie made it all the way across town to get within walking distance of her home, only to have a young kid pull out from a parking lot and clip her rear saddle bag, throwing her off her brand new BMW 650. She thankfully had all her riding gear on, but she still managed to dislocate her left shoulder, and fractured her distal arm where it meets the wrist. The break is bad enough to require surgery tomorrow or the next day........
Leslie has been so excited with learning to ride and meeting new people of TWT. She has about 1800 miles riding time on her belt, and was doing very good,  and was having so much fun, she actually went out and bought her second motorcycle, a really nice Honda Magna. She was even scheduled to meet up with the Girls to do the female only Powder Puff ride this coming Sunday, She was so looking forward to meeting some new friends............Well that won't be happening.
As I was leaving the emergency room at 3:00AM, she said she was scared and wasn't sure if motorcycles were right for her. She was doing everything right, but was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I tried to reassure her that everything would be alright, that it wasn't her fault, and that to not give up.
I know alot of you haven't met her yet, and some of you have,....Here's the favor I'd like to ask of you guy's.........Take a second today and give her a quick call and introduce yourself and give her some "Needed" words of encouragement. She needs to know this is a great sport, and to not give up on it.
She's at Ben Taub Hospital...713-873-5768....Leslie Barnard...... Give her a call and Cheer her up with a big Hi.........
If you can't reach her through the Hospital, she should have her Cell Phone delivered to her by 11:00AM.......Cell:...713-825-7767
..........Thanks..., Doc
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 08:32:32 AM by DrBlackbird »

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2007, 08:04:42 AM »

Doc thanks for letting us know. I haven't met Leslie yet but we have been e-mailing about the Powder Puff. Will definately give her a call after 11 today.

Sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

DrBlackbird

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2007, 08:36:51 AM »

Sherri and others..........The new rider Leslie, is able to be reached at 713-873-5768.
Her hand surgery will be done some time today and she should be released this evening or tomorrow.
Sitting alone in a hospital room really gives you time to think,....give her a call and cheer her up.
.......Thanks, ...(Doc)
Pages: 1 2 [3]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal