Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: August rides  (Read 2786 times)

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
Re: August rides
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 09:25:32 PM »

I've been riding here and there to some of my appointments, but anytime after say 1 or 2pm, it is downright miserable.  C'mon Fall...hurry up and get here.  (Of course, come December-February, we're gonna be complaining about how cold it is, and I'm gonna be looking at getting heated clothing again.  Maybe this time I'll actually buy some.  :laugh:)

Must be nice to ride for fun during the week.  Are you retired, FF?

dougvtx

• Tejano
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2011, 08:04:48 PM »

Flipflop and I met up in Jasper this morning. We toured up to San Augustine, over to Zavalla, down to Woodville, then took back roads to Kountze. :bikerider:  It was nice and warm. Flipflop carried plenty of water. We made a lunch stop  in Woodville and finished up the ride in Kountze. I got home about 5:30.  I think I put on over 300 miles.  It's a good thing I purchased new tires Monday.  ;D 

I'm retired so if anyone else wants to meet up, let us know.

Ride on,

Dougvtx  :thumbup:
When I can't hold up 2 wheels anymore, I'll get a three wheeler.

flipflop

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 09:18:52 PM »

As Doug has stated above, sure was a good ride, roads were great, traffic was light  and to top it all for me, i had been trying to find a windshield that would look good and serve the purpose but that sure is hard to do looking in a catalog. But Doug and I both have C model bikes so being able to see what I had been looking for and the quick release mounting hardware sold me. Tomorrow I'll place the order. Thanks ole buddy for a great ride and a new addition to my bike...  :c  :bikerider:
Always Ride, You can not get back the Ride you missed!!!

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 09:22:25 PM »

As Doug has stated above, sure was a good ride, roads were great, traffic was light  and to top it all for me, i had been trying to find a windshield that would look good and serve the purpose but that sure is hard to do looking in a catalog. But Doug and I both have C model bikes so being able to see what I had been looking for and the quick release mounting hardware sold me. Tomorrow I'll place the order. Thanks ole buddy for a great ride and a new addition to my bike...  :c  :bikerider:

Is it the National Cycle's Switchblade series shields?  That's what I had before I put the fairing on, and I loved it.  I had the 2-up, Shorty & Deflector shields, which all use the same mounts.  The also added a Chopped shield, so you have four interchangeable shields to choose from, depending on your needs.  I highly recommend them.

www.nationalcycle.com

flipflop

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 09:56:06 PM »

Yes Sir Mr.VTX It sure was. I believe it was the chopped one and sitting on his bike it was just what I had been looking for. Like I had said it was very difficult trying to find what I wanted out of a book. Hands on is the best way....  :agree:
Always Ride, You can not get back the Ride you missed!!!

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2011, 07:08:00 PM »

That's the way to do it! Nice job Guys! Hope to ride with you soon!
It's all just part of the adventure!
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal