Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: officially totaled....pics now in  (Read 4790 times)

Blueflameguy2

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Tarkington Prairie (45 miles ne of houston)
officially totaled....pics now in
« on: December 07, 2007, 11:26:01 PM »

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
yepper, bikes totaled.  said the frame is twisted and everything.  gonna go in the morning to get my keys and take some pics.  will post some in the afternoon sometime if i get a chance.

insurance actually paid it off with a little left over.  only had it a year and a half and i honestly expected to be up side down on it.  i gotta say, if youre looking for bike insurance, progressive has really impressed me this last week.  they are even paying for my boots to be replaced and would have my jacket and any other "safety" equipment if i had been wearing it or, in case of my jacket, had been damaged enough to warrant it.... O0
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 08:24:20 PM by Blueflameguy2 »

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
Re: officially totaled....
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 11:45:17 PM »

Progressive pays good and fast that's why I switched to them after dealing with Geico.

Maybe you can keep a mirror or license plate as a souvenir. Or better yet the helmet lock you may actually want to use one someday.

Sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

07VTXPredator

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 12:03:44 AM »

Real sorry the bike is lost.  But hopefully you can get back on the proverbial horse in short order! O0  At least something half way positive came out of the ordeal.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

skipppy75

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Cypress, TX
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 12:16:38 AM »

Progressive is good in a way.
The guy, I have, said that as long as the total damage is below 100% of the value of the bike they will not total it.
That's why they didn't total my 1300 out  when I had 5K in damage, but on a side not I was able to sell it damaged as is without a salvage title, helped me in the long run to pay some bills and still get the 1800 I wanted.

When your ready for another bike let me know and I will see what I can turn up for you, cheap...  O0

Not sure if anyone knows CHAMP1 from Houston Texas on the VTXOA board, but he has his up for $6400 with only 4k miles.
Lots of extra's on that bike too.  Sure is purty...
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=221504

good luck and recover fast and then get back out there
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 12:30:14 AM by skipppy75 »

03 1800C bought Aug. 26 and road home 1000+ miles in about 16hrs
05 1300C sold July 21 damaged by 2 deer and road
01 ACE 750 25K miles and sold

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 08:58:55 AM »

Well better to have totaled the bike than yourself much easier to buy another bike.............good well quick.
Alvin,Texas

Y2DXPOWER

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 12:06:18 PM »

progressive sucks...  i deal with them almost every week...  any insurance company will pay for for all your gear if its damaged... glad you are ok...  when ever you go looking for a nother bike let me know... I know someone that can get you a great deal on a Triump or BMW...  ;)

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 12:08:16 PM »

Don't forget Moto Guzzi.   ;)

A total might be the best thing right now while you heal anyway.  It won't be tempting to get out and ride while you need to be resting.  There are plenty of bikes for sale once you're ready. :P
Chunk the llama.

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 05:10:29 PM »

progressive sucks...  i deal with them almost every week...  any insurance company will pay for for all your gear if its damaged... glad you are ok...  when ever you go looking for a nother bike let me know... I know someone that can get you a great deal on a Triump or BMW...  ;)

Just curious...............why do you say Progressive sucks?
02 1800C

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 05:27:07 PM »

Don't forget Moto Guzzi.   ;)

A total might be the best thing right now while you heal anyway.  It won't be tempting to get out and ride while you need to be resting.  There are plenty of bikes for sale once you're ready. :P

Sherri's dealership sells Moto Guzzi. Once upon a time MG was just too ugly to ride, but they built a decent bike. Now IMO (and I realize that looks are subjective) MG builds some fairly decent-looking bikes, and they offer some nice features. Although I personally wouldn't consider an air-cooled engine, a lot of folks buy them. At least with MG's design both cylinders get equal airflow. If you test drive one I think that you won't be disappointed by the handling or the performance. I do believe, however, that if you intend to ram commercial vehicles that get in your way that the Gold Wing's airbag would be an indispensible accessory, and I don't believe Moto Guzzi offers that option ;D.

Heal well......
02 1800C

twistedrcpilot

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Montgomery Tx. /Lake Conroe TX
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 11:08:09 PM »

See if the shiny part is salvageable.

*Closet Darksider*

Y2DXPOWER

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007, 10:18:34 AM »

Just curious...............why do you say Progressive sucks?

they way they process claims, I know that motorcycle claims are handeled differently so they don't have a choice but to pay for new parts or total the bike... as far as automobile claims go, if anyone hits me and they have progressive, I'll go through my own carrier and pay my deductible before I let progressive touch my truck.  The same goes for ALLSTATE

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2007, 06:07:43 PM »

Okay....... No experience with Progressive in a car, so I didn't realize that was the case. I know they are hawking their boat insurance big-time now; anybody had any experience with them on boat claims?
02 1800C

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2007, 06:22:33 PM »

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
yepper, bikes totaled.  said the frame is twisted and everything.  gonna go in the morning to get my keys and take some pics.  will post some in the afternoon sometime if i get a chance.

insurance actually paid it off with a little left over.  only had it a year and a half and i honestly expected to be up side down on it.  i gotta say, if youre looking for bike insurance, progressive has really impressed me this last week.  they are even paying for my boots to be replaced and would have my jacket and any other "safety" equipment if i had been wearing it or, in case of my jacket, had been damaged enough to warrant it.... O0

and people say Hondas don't hold there value..
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

Blueflameguy2

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2007, 06:27:40 PM »

got the pics, just have to figure out how to get em uploaded here in a few.  from the back, it really doesnt look like anything is wrong.  but the front is all fugged up.  the frames not really all that bad but the front end was jammed into it and twisted the down tubes that go around the radiator a bit.  all in all, it really doesnt look near as bad as i expected....

See if the shiny part is salvageable.

i was really thinking about that, and wanted to take that and maybe the headlight, or the backseat that i actually had on there.  but they wouldnt let me take jack shite....  :'(

Blueflameguy2

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2007, 08:23:59 PM »

damn im going bald..... :'(

Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal