Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Texas to Coloradical  (Read 15990 times)

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
Re: Texas to Coloradical
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2010, 06:00:42 PM »

10 hrs. and 20 minutes until Liftoff!!       A   :goldwing:   & one of those bent-over riding things called a Feejer/Feejur/Feejar...   :stickpoke:
Bobby and Jeff, ya'll have fun! We'll be watching on the mapper thing maybe.

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2010, 07:33:54 PM »

There is a Holiday inn in Raton on the left side after you cross over 25 that was clean and cheep.    I will be a watcher I guess!!!  :cuss: :banghead: :popcorn: :c.  Me and the icons!!!!  Ride safe ride long.  Go CEN-TEX area!!!!!
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2010, 08:40:40 PM »

Need to have two of those couches on wheels! Kenny, where are ye?  :o
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2010, 08:00:40 PM »

We are settled, had a little dinner and now enjoying a few cold drinks.  We rode all the way to Trinidad, Colorado.  Wish you were here! 
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2010, 08:08:21 PM »

That's 720 miles for me and the Feejer, Pete. Suck on that plastic!!! :stickpoke:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2010, 08:31:49 PM »

10 hrs. and 20 minutes until Liftoff!!       A   :goldwing:   & one of those bent-over riding things called a Feejer/Feejur/Feejar...   :stickpoke:

Those plastic parts must have melted together in the heat!  720 miles of riding like the bottom guy in the Ambiguously Gay Duo cartoon on SNL!  I'm just hoping Bobby doesn't start playing the sidekick! :ohwow:  :c  I guess you are too, huh!

:rofl:
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 08:34:29 PM by RocknRoll »
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2010, 11:35:40 PM »

Hey now there "Pistol Pete", you are livering dangerously with placing me as the sidekick...Hmmm, I heard you made a few trips to Deliveranceville!!!!

:rofl:       :rofl:       :rofl:

Wish you guys were with us!  It was a pleasant & dry 67 degrees at 10 pm.
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

hooter

• Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2010, 11:45:17 PM »

Hummmm.   :ohwow: :redcard: :redcard:
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2010, 08:21:46 AM »

:redcard:   Stick to the FACTS please so I can enjoy the trip!!!!
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2010, 05:43:45 PM »

Stayed the night in Trinidad, Co. 
Jeff & I Rode Hwy 12 out of Trinidad this morning, extrememly nice views, a couple of lakes way up in the Mts. (temp. was 58), people fly fishing, soem elder statesmen were having a tennis toournment at one of the lodges, very little traffic...Made our way to Canon City via State 69 (drove from the West of Royal Gorge), was going to see the Gorge until we saw the price tag of $25 bills...forget that (it looked deep and wide, nuff said), Drove the Skyline Highway in Canon City...really cool vistas with about 3 feet of road to each side of the bike as you ride along, finished the run to Denver via hwy. 115 to Co. Springs and then I-25 to 470 & the hotel.  My cranberries were not feeling as well today as yesterday.  Maybe it was the 750 miles for me, from Del Valle America.  I think Jeff felt the same way.
We are riding to Independence Pass tomorrow.   :bikerider:      :c
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2010, 06:05:55 PM »

Yeah, the traffic in Co Springs and Denver was kind of a buzz kill, but overall great day, and it beats working! We're headed to this place with 110 beers; if I can handle 10% of the total, it'll be a good night!
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2010, 06:15:30 PM »

:thumbup:   Skyline Drive is a very neat little road!!!  If you get close don't miss it!!  If you spend the day at the Gorge it is O K that price you can do it all except eat and drink!!!!  Glad all is going well !!!  Don't let Jeff miss Mt. Evans!!!   Take pics!!!!     Please see if they have an 07 rally pin !!!  Wish I was there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cuss: :banghead: :cuss: :banghead:     Eat my B B Q. It is paid for!! 
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 06:22:38 PM by VTreX »

RedDragon

« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2010, 06:51:31 PM »

:thumbup:   Skyline Drive is a very neat little road!!!  If you get close don't miss it!!  If you spend the day at the Gorge it is O K that price you can do it all except eat and drink!!!!  Glad all is going well !!!  Don't let Jeff miss Mt. Evans!!!   Take pics!!!!     Please see if they have an 07 rally pin !!!  Wish I was there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cuss: :banghead: :cuss: :banghead:     Eat my B B Q. It is paid for!! 
Wish I was there too! :'( And watch out for the marmots on Mt Evans, they make for a big speed bump! :ohwow:

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2010, 01:21:31 PM »

Aspen for lunch!
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2010, 01:32:13 PM »

Yeah, the traffic in Co Springs and Denver was kind of a buzz kill, but overall great day, and it beats working! We're headed to this place with 110 beers; if I can handle 10% of the total, it'll be a good night!

Flying Saucer in downtown has over 200.  :)
Chunk the llama.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal