Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Motorcycle Rider died yesterday  (Read 2659 times)

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
Motorcycle Rider died yesterday
« on: April 24, 2006, 08:29:09 AM »

Occasionally I ride with a group called the Star Riders. One of the mainstays of the group was a guy named Curtis Miller, if anyone knows him. He rode a Gold Wing. I wasn't along, but coming back from Yankee's yesterday, he was in an accident where he was apparently hit hard by something. I don't know any details. He died on the way to the hospital.

Curtis was always laughing, always cracking jokes and cutting up. He was as friendly as a person can be.

When you ride,  take nothing for granted, look closely at all intersections, assume someone is gonna run a red light or stop sign, or hit you from behind while talking on the phone or wiping their kids mouth. Wear a helmet.

When people I know are in bad wrecks or die, for me,  it kinda ruins it for a while.

Martin

Ps.  Dwight's girlfriend was flipped upside down in her truck Saturday, fortunately not hurt.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 08:30:45 AM by VT-XS »
YOU CAN ONLY BE YOUNG ONCE, BUT YOU CAN BE IMMATURE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE..

Swampfox

Re: Motorcycle Rider died yesterday
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 09:10:51 AM »

This is to his family and friends, I hope they find a way around this in their own way and grow stronger from their lost.  I didn't know Curtis Miller but if he was a friend of Martin he would be a friend of mine.

Saddened from this news, lets us pray for Curtis to pass through the shadow of death and fear no evil he will truely be missed by the Brotherhood of Bikers Amen.

Swampfox / Gary Bolt

Jimbo

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 07:45:40 PM »

VT-XS,
Was this accident in in the vicinity of Hillsboro TX on the southbound side if I-35?  I saw a wing down yesterday while I was heading North on I-35 coming back from a PRG mission in Bleton TX.  The fire/rescue and LEO were just on scene and the ambulance was about 5 miles out heading inbound when I passed.  The rubber-neckers were causing a major nightmare.  I said a quick prayer and kept moving north with a little more situational awareness.

Prayers go out to this gent's family and friends/

R/Jiim
03 Black 1800R, Deluxe backrest/lugage rack, Switchblade 2-up, Cobra fatboy highway bars and other little creature comforts...

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 08:03:52 PM »

You were in Temple at Temple Bible Church.
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

cantex

• Tejano
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 08:34:16 PM »

I was the tailgunner on the ride yesterday when Curtis went down. It was our (brazos river chapter of SCRC) ride to Yankee Tavern in Carlos.

He was one of the most proficient riders I knew, and one of the nice guys. always a smile, a hug, a story.

There was a tribute for him tonight at PO's.

I will miss him.

and no, although he rode a blue wing that was not him, he went down near Conroe.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 08:40:25 PM by cantex »
what a long strange trip it's been

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 09:30:39 PM »

Vern,

How did he go down?

Jimbo

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 09:35:50 PM »

VTreX

Sure was, incredibly humbling too. 
03 Black 1800R, Deluxe backrest/lugage rack, Switchblade 2-up, Cobra fatboy highway bars and other little creature comforts...

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal