Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: XM Radio - Mounting Ideas  (Read 2536 times)

Randy_Clark

XM Radio - Mounting Ideas
« on: April 24, 2006, 08:15:26 AM »

I would like to mount my XM2GO radio on my VTX 1800.  Any ideas on the best way to mount and listen? 

jsplato

• Trailer Queen
Re: XM Radio - Mounting Ideas
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 02:04:42 PM »

I recently got a mounting bracket and hard wire kit from cruisercustomizing for my XMRoady2 (not sure if it is the same as the XM2go). Anyway this bracket is pretty cool, it mounts onto the top of your MC covers and the radio just snaps onto it and the antenna just sets on top. The hardwire kit is an easy install and has the 6 V converter already on it. I think you can check all this out on www.hoonhardware.com but it was a little cheaper from cruisercustomizing. As far as listening, I went to Radio Shack and picked up a audio extension cord (8') and ran it from the mount back to under my seat and then I just plug in my earbuds, that way you don't have the wires beating you in the face. It sure makes a difference having tunes to listen to, I ride about 80 miles round trip every day to work and it sure makes the trip much more enjoyable in the Houston traffic.

Hope it helps,
jsplato

cybrhick

Re: XM Radio - Mounting Ideas
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 03:17:51 PM »

I used a riser, and shaved the post off. I then milled it flat. Here is what I have. It mounts in the center of the bars.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal